All-Star Can We Avoid Sandbagging Through The Athlete Tracking System?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well I'm not the only one on my team who can throw at least level 4 skills, I'd say it's about 50/50. But what I'm trying to say is as long as they're only throwing skills that meet the level that they're competing at I don't think it's unfair at all. Even if they have higher level skills or are a cross over from a higher level team. They're being judged on the same skills as the rest of the teams. Having higher level skills is helpful with lower level skills but the technique should be what makes your BHSs or tucks amazing,not the fact that you can do a full or layout.
What I'm trying to say is basically as long as the technique is there, how many other skills someone else may have won't automatically make their lower level skills so much more spectacular.
I simply don't believe it's unfair no matter how many girls a team pulls down from a higher level.
I understand why people feel it is however, but I believe that if you're a coach & your mad because a team beat you doing the same leveled skills then you need to work your team on that level of skills technique & run them through more full outs so it will be just as simple for your team as it is for the ones who have the higher skills. The reason it's nothing to them is that their bodies are better conditioned for the skills, but you don't have to have higher level athletes for that. They simply need to be conditioned better.
That's just how I feel about it though, even if you believe it's wrong to use higher level athletes on lower level teams there currently are no rules preventing it so really working your athletes to be the best they can be at the level they're at is the best thing you can do. I was on a level 2 team a few years ago they beat teams who literally used their whole level 5 team, none of us at the time had anything past a layout. We beat them because our technique was on point & we were clean. They were very good & intimidating but what I'm saying is it comes down to technique.
I'm not trying to be rude so if in any way I came across as rude or disrespectful to anyone please forgive me, It was unintentional.

You didn't come across as disrespectful or rude at all. You made a very good point. It has made me stop and think about "sandbagging" which I have never been a fan of. Thanks for your insight!

You didn't come across as disrespectful or rude at all. You made a very good point. It has made me stop and think about "sandbagging" which I have never been a fan of. Thanks for your insight!
I really tried not to!! :) Thank you for being open minded enough to give my opinion a chance!!

Back