All-Star Can't Wear Other Gyms Shirts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ugh I hate when you can't play other teams music as well... It's so dumb and pointless. It's music and a shirt not really that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things I feel like.

I mean you wouldn't see a Yankee walking around in a Red Socks shirt. You wouldn't see someone who works at Gatorade drinking Powerade.

While not entirely the same, I think it follows the same logic. While you may look at it as just a fun shirt, the owner sees it as wearing the competitors name. (I mean competitor in terms of the business)
Just wanted to point out, I don't think I have ever in my life seen someone spell Red Sox as Red Socks. hahahaha just had to point it out.

Can you wear a shirt from Hollister in American Eagle?
Yep. Exactly one of my arguements! You can wear any tshirt you want from our gym or just a regular tshirt. But as soon as you wear a shirt from any other program they freak out. Mixed signals. Either we need mandatory practice clothes or we can wear anything appropriate.

I have to agree. My former gym was the same way you couldn't wear other gyms shirts when you were there without being asked to turn inside out or given speach about how its not appropriate to wear them. Out of respect I made sure my CP's followed the rules.

Although, I found it ironic that the coaches would wear Louisville Cards shirts other college shirts I have even seen them wearing WC shirts. I don't believe that they were ever asked to change, remove or turn their shirts inside out. When I questioned it. I was told "that's different".

Just wanted to point out, I don't think I have ever in my life seen someone spell Red Sox as Red Socks. hahahaha just had to point it out.
wowwwww. ive never spelled it like that either. hahha
guess thats what happens when you post while at work. (I always make sure to spell everything out and dont really use shortened words, and when typing fast, my fingers just go at it.

But you DO still want my daughter to rock her World Cup school supplies in the lobby of her gym here, right? :cool:

I think it's one thing if it's a rival or a gym down the street. But I think it's totally different if my cp is at practice here in Chicago and she's wearing a shirt from Fame or Top Gun or something.
I will gladly send you a UA shirt! ;)

We have set practice clothes(sports bra spanks) so we often wear a Tshirt over it when entering practice. We can wear whatever just as long as it's off by time practice starts:)

Alot of our girls/guys wear cheer athletics, top gun, Sot, and more..

I remember when my sister played basketball and they had set 'colors' for the practice: ie blue shirt/black shorts mon, black shirt/red shorts tues, etc. and it was the same every week. I remember her posting a little slip of paper on her door so she would remember to have it on the way out. They could wear WHATEVER shirt/shorts they'd like, so long as it was that color. It's a great way to be uniform without making everyone have to buys tons and tons of stuff. But if you DON'T have set practice wear and you're just supposed to be in t-shirt and shorts, then mandating what logo is on there is insecure and silly. It's a logo, it doesn't bite. Promise.

I have tons of shirts from other programs that I have gotten from trading. I have been wearing them in and out of practice but ive been told by my coach that we are not allowed to wear other gyms shirts at the gym. Which kind of throws me off, I mean its cheerleading are we not allowed to support other gyms? I practically paid my gym for all the shirts because I bought shirts to trade for the other ones. And that also means whoever I traded with is supporting my gym somewhere else. Do you think you should be allowed to wear whatever cheer clothes we want as long as its appropriate? Or do you agree with my gyms rules on the matter? Im interested in hearing everyones opinions, not just on my situation but what if it happened to you or if your gym has the same rules.

It's called GOOD sportsmanship. At our gym my daughter wears other gyms shirts, and they listen to other gyms music. It's all good...I love my gym!!!

Your gym may want to consider putting their dress code in their contract.

I am totally fine with it, just as long as it's not another local gym, that's just weird. My gym doesn't have a policy on what or what not to wear, only at competitions are we required to wear something.

Though, for high school practice, if we wore another school's shirt, we either had to turn it inside out, or we couldnt practice.

You can wear any tshirt you want from our gym or just a regular tshirt.

Actually, no, you can't. Gym rules state it must be a shirt from the gym, or from a competition (either one you won, or one you purchased.

Your gym may want to consider putting their dress code in their contract.

It is in the handbook that each cheerleader signs at the beginning of the season.

. Out of respect I made sure my CP's followed the rules.

And this, IMO, is exactly the point. RESPECT for the rules that you agreed to follow.

You can at my gym. I do it often.

If you wear a competitors gym shirt you are opening yourself to whatever onslaught of problems coming from your peers.

Back