OT Casey Anthony Trial

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
She will be released next week - July 13 - got credit for time served.
The state did file a motion for her to pay back the cost of the investigation - due to her lying and the the resources used to search for Caylee.

I heard somewhere that somebody wants Casey to pay them back for the investigation?? Can they do that?
Yes, due to her being convicted of lying to the police, causing them to search for Caylee - since the defense admitted the date of death was June 16 or 18, 2008 (I forget the exact date) - and Casey lied to the police after the date of death.

Yes, due to her being convicted of lying to the police, causing them to search for Caylee - since the defense admitted the date of death was June 16 or 18, 2008 (I forget the exact date) - and Casey lied to the police after the date of death.
Oops we posted at the same time, sorry!

Maybe someone can help because I couldn't hear too well when in court but what was said about the mistrial. It sounded like they said to delay the decision or did they say to forget about it.

Also they want her to pay for the investigation but the group that searched for the little girl are thinking about sueing for repayment as well.

Now something else that COULD happen would be a civil case against Casey that could cost her a pretty penny if she is found guilty of that. I know that the child's father can file that suit but her parents may also be able to as well (not positive). It would end up like the OJ situation where he lost his civil case making him guilty of the crime but only having to pay the two families instead of having to serve time.

I served on a mock jury for the law school. It was a 3 month murder trial and we took a week for the verdict because we went over every single bit of evidence and read over each note taken. Sure it wasn't a real trial but yes I know what it takes to be on a jury. They did not ask to review anything, for an important case like this any evidence is important evidence and should have been reviewed. 10 hours is nowhere near enough time to get a verdict for a case where the defense and prosecution did crappy jobs. That means the jury has an even harder job and they did it in 10 hours.

It is something that can be argued back and forth and some people can believe the jury did what they had to but looking at the case from the beginning to the end I feel otherwise.

You keep saying that they should have reviewed the evidence. I am sure they did. From what is being said by the jurors that were there, it was more the lack of evidence and questions that were raised by the DA during the trial that went to there making the verdict. They have stated that they were waiting for the DA to introduce the missing information.. The How, the Where, the Why, the When. None of this was brought in by the DA.

You would know if you served on a jury, you are given detailed instructions on what each count means and what requirements need to be met in order to render a guilty verdict. I think it was juror 3 this morning said they could answer yes to any of the questions for each count except the lying, on the instructions, based on the reason of doubt do to the DA not being able to tie it all together and were in shock when he ended his case .

They all said that they did not find her innocent, She was Not guilty to the charges they were presented with. They Asked if they could find he guilty of murder, not in the first degree, or another charge, and because she was not charged with it they could not.

This case will be studied for a long time to come and everyone will have an opinion. Our system of law may not be perfect but it is still the best one in the world!

lol. You're very knowledgeable on this stuff.
My dad is a sex crimes detective, and my stepdad is a lawyer and I think I want to be involved in the legal system, it's so interesting to me.

Go for it and I wish you the best of luck.. however you think about the outcome of this trial, our court system is the best in the world! If you ever have the opportunity to serve on a jury do so. It is your right and obligation as an american to do so.

It was said when the verdict first came out that they did NOT review the evidence once they went into deliberation. When they saw it in court that was the only time. My issue is they did not take the time and study the facts to come to their conclusion. Had they looked at the evidence closer and taken more time to come to their verdict I would feel better about how they came to their decision. We will have to agree to disagree on this, much like my arguement over the OJ trial with my mom, everyone is going to see things differently.

I do agree that we have the best system of law in the world, but when those flaws come out it is rather embarrassing.

Maybe someone can help because I couldn't hear too well when in court but what was said about the mistrial. It sounded like they said to delay the decision or did they say to forget about it.

Also they want her to pay for the investigation but the group that searched for the little girl are thinking about sueing for repayment as well.

Now something else that COULD happen would be a civil case against Casey that could cost her a pretty penny if she is found guilty of that. I know that the child's father can file that suit but her parents may also be able to as well (not positive). It would end up like the OJ situation where he lost his civil case making him guilty of the crime but only having to pay the two families instead of having to serve time.

The mistrial talk was a motion that was filed by the defense during the trial, obviously they withdrew that.

The state of Florida is considering "billing" her for the trial. Not being an American though, I have no idea if this can, or ever has been done.

Yes it can be done. Runaway Bride had to pay back the cost of the search to find her.

Sad thing is, it probably will. People are going to give in to it because they want to know more, and always will. As the article says, people are fascinated with murder. If getting their hands on a book that Casey wrote, they could find out more about her and find out more about Caylee, in time coming to their own decisions even more. It sucks and I find it wrong, but would I like to read a book by her that could help me get into her mind and try to understand for myself why she "may" have did what she did? Of course, because I'm intrigued by the entire situation, as is America or so many people wouldn't be voicing their opinions via social networking sites.

Sad thing is, it probably will. People are going to give in to it because they want to know more, and always will. As the article says, people are fascinated with murder. If getting their hands on a book that Casey wrote, they could find out more about her and find out more about Caylee, in time coming to their own decisions even more. It sucks and I find it wrong, but would I like to read a book by her that could help me get into her mind and try to understand for myself why she "may" have did what she did? Of course, because I'm intrigued by the entire situation, as is America or so many people wouldn't be voicing their opinions via social networking sites.

I have to agree. I won't buy a book by her, but I can't lie...if she gave an interview I'd have a hard time resisting. I'd have to see just what she's actually like. We've never really even heard her talk, and I'm dying to know what she could possibly say. In my heart, I want to say "OMG...I would NEVER watch that. I don't want that B making any money ever!!!" but I know when the time comes and Barbara Walters is sitting down with her, I might just go against everything I stand for and peek. :( And I hate knowing that.

I know the law says you can't make money off telling the story of something you're actually convicted of, but I wish they'd change it to a law that states no one can make money off telling the story if they're involved in any way. Suspect, parent, juror, attorneys, anyone...I hate to know how many people can profit off this poor baby's death. And it happens all the time. The stories can still be told...just stop allowing people to make millions off it. It's disgusting.

Back