All-Star Cea Memphis

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Alright, bear with me, I'm going to try to make my thoughts clear...

I think having all these gyms is making the brand weak as a whole. And this can be said for other gyms that have expanded in similar ways. But, to be honest, I can't think of another gym who has expanded the way that CEA has. Even with Cali, the gyms are mostly California with the few nearby in AZ and Vegas.

To the little cheerleader in me, CEA used to be like an idol. And, the idea of being on a CEA team was so cool. But, I knew it could never happen as I lived in CA and they were only in NC. So, CEA was something pretty special because they were out of my reach. Now, they are all over the place. I feel like they are losing their original sparkle because they are popping up on every street corner. It would like if In-and-Out expanded through out the US. Yes, they might make more money as a business. But their "west coast" image would be lost since they are no longer exclusive.

And, as if the crossover situation wasn't already drama, they've made it worse for themselves. They made a bunch of small gyms who are going to rely on crossovers in order to field teams.

As a parent, would you be willing to have your kid cheer at a satellite gym knowing that they would be sent to the KVille gym if they progressed enough? Like, would you purposely hold them back so they don't have to make a potential commute?

I still question all of this and I'm struggling to not see them as "greedy."

Alright, bear with me, I'm going to try to make my thoughts clear...

I think having all these gyms is making the brand weak as a whole. And this can be said for other gyms that have expanded in similar ways. But, to be honest, I can't think of another gym who has expanded the way that CEA has. Even with Cali, the gyms are mostly California with the few nearby in AZ and Vegas.

To the little cheerleader in me, CEA used to be like an idol. And, the idea of being on a CEA team was so cool. But, I knew it could never happen as I lived in CA and they were only in NC. So, CEA was something pretty special because they were out of my reach. Now, they are all over the place. I feel like they are losing their original sparkle because they are popping up on every street corner. It would like if In-and-Out expanded through out the US. Yes, they might make more money as a business. But their "west coast" image would be lost since they are no longer exclusive.

And, as if the crossover situation wasn't already drama, they've made it worse for themselves. They made a bunch of small gyms who are going to rely on crossovers in order to field teams.

As a parent, would you be willing to have your kid cheer at a satellite gym knowing that they would be sent to the KVille gym if they progressed enough? Like, would you purposely hold them back so they don't have to make a potential commute?

I still question all of this and I'm struggling to not see them as "greedy."

CEA yeah, yeah, expansion, yada yada....WAIT WHAT?! YOU WANT TO DEPRIVE THE REST OF THE COUNTRY OF IN AND OUT FOR LIFE?! LIKE I CAN NOT EVEN...I feel like this calls for a Fierceboard EMERGENCY...

I NEED AN IN AND OUT BURGER EXPANSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

CEA yeah, yeah, expansion, yada yada....WAIT WHAT?! YOU WANT TO DEPRIVE THE REST OF THE COUNTRY OF IN AND OUT FOR LIFE?! LIKE I CAN NOT EVEN...I feel like this calls for a Fierceboard EMERGENCY...

I NEED AN IN AND OUT BURGER EXPANSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!
Fast food is one hell of a drug.

On the subject of multiple teams from the same 'gym' in the same division...

Pretty sure CA (the blue and black one) had 3 teams in Senior 1 at NCA this past weekend (Plano, Frisco, and ...Austin?) Yet, somehow they make it work. I think they were all together in placement too (like 4th 5th 6th or something like that).

Pretty sure CA (the blue and black one) had 3 teams in Senior 1 at NCA this past weekend (Plano, Frisco, and ...Austin?) Yet, somehow they make it work. I think they were all together in placement too (like 4th 5th 6th or something like that).
CA only had 1 senior team competing in sr 1(they had one in small senior) the other black and blue CA only had 1 sr.1 team which was in large

I think you are talking about Small Junior 1, where we got 4, 5, and 7. (All basically within a point apart.). It is not ideal to have our own teams competing against each other, but it is unavoidable in some cases. Each gym does what is best division-wise for THEIR athletes and we just make it work as best we can. A tougher example would be Large Youth 1, where we went 1-2. Our second place team had a fantastic score, but basically missed out on jackets because they got beat by one of their sister teams. Both teams handled it extremely well, but that had to be tough.

Pretty much any large gym with multiple locations will at some point have teams in the same divisions and might have to compete against them especially if locations are close to each other and the EP doesn't separate small and large. Ace, both CAs, WE...this isn't something unique to CEA.

I think you are talking about Small Junior 1, where we got 4, 5, and 7. (All basically within a point apart.). It is not ideal to have our own teams competing against each other, but it is unavoidable in some cases. Each gym does what is best division-wise for THEIR athletes and we just make it work as best we can. A tougher example would be Large Youth 1, where we went 1-2. Our second place team had a fantastic score, but basically missed out on jackets because they got beat by one of their sister teams. Both teams handled it extremely well, but that had to be tough.
We are so proud of our little AristoCats!

Couldn't remember, but I just happened to glance at a Day 1 sheet and all the teams were listed right after each other. Knew it was a Small level 1, wasn't sure about age group.

It's a problem I don't have to deal with, so I commend anyone who makes it work as best as they can with as little issue as possible. Kudos for handling it well!

I don't understand why she needs to make her teams "more well known". Cheerleading isn't about being famous. It's a sport and it shouldn't matter how well known your team is as long as you're progressing and having fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wish there was an "infinity thumbs up" option for this statement :D

How come no one ever mentions nothing about ACE? Don't they also have like 15+ gyms? Out of all them gyms only warriors comes to mind.
*anything (srry I'm in term paper writing mode)
ACE is franchised. Meaning the owner of Warriors' gym is not the owner of the majority of the other gyms. Yes, they have several small gyms that only offer lower level teams. They aren't looking to field worlds teams in every location as far as I know. They're trying to run the best business they can for /that area/ (you aren't going to have a level 5, much less a competitive one in rural Alabama; I mean, c'mon). Very rarely have they had to close a gym once they opened it. They have level 5s out of Jackson, Panama City Beach, Hattiesburg, Birmingham (obvi) and I want to say an all girl from another FL location but can't be for sure. Their small coed got second at Cheersport last year and a full paid bid to worlds. They've had summit champs, Cheersport champs and I'd be pretty confident in saying they've had UCA champs as well (not from the bham location; they have several locations in Fl). Several ACE teams will be attending Summit and Worlds this year. They compete against each other (and yes, satellite locations beat bham on occasion) but they also all go to camp together every summer and get along really well. It's all about who's putting the best out on the mat that day. But just because you only know one of the biggest names in cheer and not other teams doesn't really speak for their success...

Sorry but they're a successful business opening up another branch. Like it or not, we live in a capitalist economy, where businesses are well within their right to grow as much as is legal... Are we really going to chastise them for being successful and seeking to grow? Can we really call a business 'greedy' for this?

Like a lot of you, I care about the smaller gyms being able to survive in the face of mega-gyms, but CEA is not doing anything wrong here, legally or morally.

Latest posts

Back