All-Star Champions League 2- The Movie

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It only showed at one time yesterday at the theaters around me and that time wasn't good so we'll need to wait for cable/pay per view :(. We liked last years so if this one is even better that's good news.

My CP was surprised to see the rating was PG-13 - anyone know why?
Some of the party scenes we're kind of graphic and the language was borderline for an R rating

**So glad you can't hear the sarcasm in my head as I type**

Yeah was it just me or were there a lot of butt cheeks making cameo appearances last night?

Not my CP. Just a close-up of her leg and crossed-fingers. Butt-pat was too racy to make the cut, I guess.

Yeah was it just me or were there a lot of butt cheeks making cameo appearances last night?

Yes so glad the new rules address midriffs showing - wait that's for juniors and under - but I digress

Speaking of uniforms, it was cool seeing some of uniforms up close. Love em or hate em they really looked quite beautiful under the lights, especially when they were being filmed on the CL "circle" right before they hit the mat!

I definitely thought this year's movie was better than last year's. However, I still found myself bored during the routines...likely because I saw it all live just two weeks ago.

They seemed to ALMOST go there with the "cheer is really hard and mistakes happen" angle...but didn't quite give enough of it. I would have liked for them to show more of the falls, the mistakes, and give an angle on why that happens. Maybe go with the "there are no second chances, no time outs, no second string" type of angle and go ahead and show the mistakes. They did some...but not much.

I definitely liked seeing more stories about the coaches/athletes.

The prom part...ugh. That was SO boring!! And as someone above mentioned...I found myself having to look away because it was making me dizzy. I would have preferred to see more of the actual "prom" than the red carpet. But even live...the red carpet this year was blah. Very anti-climatic. I love the idea of the prom for the athletes...not sure it needs to be in the movie unless they do a better job making it entertaining. Get some video of kids dancing together...chatting with their friends...something.

I would like for them to have shown the results of the entire competition...not just let us know that SE won...everyone knows they won...what we don't know is the rest of the results.

CL1 is finally up on Netflix - FYI for anyone that has an account.
It's been available for free on the CL website for a while now. Can't remember when I first watched it, but it's been a couple months. I'll probably end up just waiting for them to post it this year to watch it, I'm too cheap to pay for it lol. Cool to know that it's on Netflix though!!

It's been available for free on the CL website for a while now. Can't remember when I first watched it, but it's been a couple months. I'll probably end up just waiting for them to post it this year to watch it, I'm too cheap to pay for it lol. Cool to know that it's on Netflix though!!

Dang! I would've watched it ages ago if I knew that lol. I didn't want to pay for it either

The movie showed in two theatres in this city last night. CP and I went, and the theatre we were at had probably a dozen people in it. Last year's attendance was much better.

As for the movie itself, we liked the "behind the scenes" stuff (the girl who shows pigs, the music production and voice-over guys...). I find that really interesting.

The filming and sound was much better this year too - less extreme close ups, better volume. The storyline is still all over the place, but better than last year for sure.

The prom parade was boooring.

My cp told me this morning she loved the movie but the prom part was boring too. I guess it's almost unanimous, take out the prom footage next year!

My cp told me this morning she loved the movie but the prom part was boring too. I guess it's almost unanimous, take out the prom footage next year!
or have actual prom footage and not all red carpet! I could do without both, but I think the actual prom may appeal to the younger viewers.

Back