All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i wouldnt be surprised if this is why they keep coming up with these new money winning charity competitions. but doesnt varsity already make money just by getting these teams to attend, plus off the movie ticket sales?? the prize money is great but i have a feeling these teams signed up for CL for the movie part more then anything. winning money for charity really isnt a new concept in sports in general.

but i thought for sure if you won the triple crown thing the gym won that money, i guess i never realized that was for charity as well.

I didnt think Varsity has anything to do with CL. I thought the concept and ownership was a handful of gym owners. Infinity sponsors and Aloha is the EP. I could be wrong but that's what I thought was discussed last years.

Back from Cali... my thoughts
When i switched gyms almost 6 seasons ago i did it so my daughter could be on a highly competitive team. I wanted her to compete with and against the best.
What i didnt sign up for was proms, reality tv and very exspensive competitons which always seem to have a " black cloud" attatched with the results.
Perhaps so many teams had issues because of all these distractions? whos to know but i just wish our kids were not put out on parade. They are athletes not celebrities.

Congratulations to all of the winners!

But I'm very curious where all of this hate for Senior Elite is coming from on social media. I don't understand what they've done to anyone. I see hateful replies on CU's Twitter about them winning & I see a lot of current athletes favoriting them.
Are you new here? Lol kidding (sort of)...the hate that spews forth after each competition is incredible. This has been the norm for years. I don't know why anyone is ever surprised about it when it happens. It will continue forever and ever unless something seriously drastic happens to make things different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you new here? Lol kidding (sort of)...the hate that spews forth after each competition is incredible. This has been the norm for years. I don't know why anyone is ever surprised about it when it happens. It will continue forever and ever unless something seriously drastic happens to make things different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, I'm not new. Lol
It just makes no sense why a lot of people hate them for no reason. They haven't won anything since Worlds 2013 & the team this year is almost completely new from last season.
It doesn't surprise me when they're all winning different competitions against each other, but I saw this happening before anyone even saw them at showcase this season.

I can't find the picture anymore on twitter but someone said something about the Large Coed teams starting out in a all inclusive huddled circle then being told to break it up by the producers, then sitting in separate circles close to each other and still being told to move, and finally they ended up as far from each other as possible. So sad :/ I love seeing things like that in cheer.

I can't find the picture anymore on twitter but someone said something about the Large Coed teams starting out in a all inclusive huddled circle then being told to break it up by the producers, then sitting in separate circles close to each other and still being told to move, and finally they ended up as far from each other as possible. So sad :/ I love seeing things like that in cheer.

I know it was for filming purposes but why WOULDN'T you want to showcase sportsmanship in a movie about the sport?

Nfinity also tweeted a video of some of their legends doing standing fulls together on concrete pavement in the middle of LA so I am just side-eyeing all of the "adults" in charge of this event.

Does anyone know how the coaches felt about The Champions League after this past weekend? Just wondering what's the likelihood of teams returning to compete next year.....

I didnt think Varsity has anything to do with CL. I thought the concept and ownership was a handful of gym owners. Infinity sponsors and Aloha is the EP. I could be wrong but that's what I thought was discussed last years.

You're correct it's not a Varsity event, it's was a group of seasoned gym owners who came up with CL and they needed an EP, so they chose GSSA since they are not Varsity

if you didn't already think i was a terrible person... this posit will probably make me seem like one...

but why is the new "trend" money for charity? (both CL and the "new" triple crown system) It is a wonderful idea and donating to charity is always wonderful (I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE that MT money won goes towards supporting EYE) but is it really teaching the kids anything? In theory it's to teach them selflessness and giving, but their parents are shelling out 2/3x what their winnings are to get them there. they show up to another competition, win, and don't see the money so they aren't really connected to it. Hold a fundraiser, make the kids work for the money and tour the hospitals/organizations they're donating to or volunteer there if you want them to give to charity. I realize there are only so many hours in the day and i am NOT blaming the kids.. hopefully they have chosen ones near and dear to their heart and the kids are invested in winning it for them.

But in reality it's probably just a varsity scheme to get a tax write off. :rolleyes: I think that's why it bothers me. and the astronomical cost of this sport already - why can't we lower costs to participate instead of handing out $20,000 to charity and let the family donate as they choose with their saved money?

I can only speak for SE but our charity is the Brenner Children's Hospital in Winston Salem NC. (Maybe 15 minutes from our gym). As a program we do a lot to support this organization, not just throw money their way. I will close with , in the last 8 days SE has won $14,000 worth of prize money for Brenner's. That's something to be proud of! Perspective I guess.

What i didnt sign up for was proms, reality tv and very exspensive competitons which always seem to have a " black cloud" attatched with the results.

This! From m the athlete perspective, I get that some of these kids give up so much "normal kid stuff" so something like a CL prom may be fun, but from the outside looking in, all of these extras seem ridiculous.

Congratulations to all of the winners!

But I'm very curious where all of this hate for Senior Elite is coming from on social media. I don't understand what they've done to anyone. I see hateful replies on CU's Twitter about them winning & I see a lot of current athletes favoriting them.
I haven't really seen the hate stuff. But, I did see the entire Champions League - all 6+ hours. Senior Elite had my vote for Grand Champs - and I think my opinion is pretty objective. Agreed with Black Ops as Coed champs too!

I haven't really seen the hate stuff. But, I did see the entire Champions League - all 6+ hours. Senior Elite had my vote for Grand Champs - and I think my opinion is pretty objective. Agreed with Black Ops as Coed champs too!

I thought SE was amazing as well! I was happy to see them rock the floor. I was disappointed more teams didn't hit like they did.

And I really dislike the fact teams can't use their music! Shooting Stars without their Jersey Boys was sad - even though I was happy too see them live.

I thought SE was amazing as well! I was happy to see them rock the floor. I was disappointed more teams didn't hit like they did.

And I really dislike the fact teams can't use their music! Shooting Stars without their Jersey Boys was sad - even though I was happy too see them live.

Agreed....I was like why can't I sing big girls don't cry?

Same for us....we're emotionally attached to our music. Especially fight song. I sang fight song in the stands anyway! Badly, but I did it. Thank you to the nicest 2 moms in front of me who when I apologized for singing badly said "they were amazing.....you sing as badly as you need to to support them." Bless your hearts for understanding!!!

Back