All-Star Cheer Athletics Is Full!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I kind of quickly added up the teams from last year & got 386, some of the younger teams I wasn't sure exactly how many people they had, so I just guesstimated. Last year there was 16 teams, I think only about 3/4ish had 36. The rest were small, international, or in btween (ie Jags were "large" but only had 25 or so)...But my numbers could def be off.

What I find amazing is 6 of 16 were level 5!!!! So this year 8 of 17 will be level 5!!! Whew and all are packed! Heard there are 7 or 8 alternates for every level 5 team!

CA now has six Level 5 teams and one Level 6. Most teams are large. I believe there are 4, maybe 5 teams that are small......but who knows, I can't keep up.

wow only around 500 athletes?!
Cheer Sport Sharks in Canada has had around 500 athletes for a few yrs now, an expecting even more this yr with tryouts in 2 weeks! and out gym is much smaller than CA's! plus we're expecting 30 teams!

That's insane..gonna be REAL fights to keep their spot! Especially when there are quite a few alternates.

Amazing what trimming off 4 athletes from levels 1-4 can do for gyms.

wow only around 500 athletes?!
Cheer Sport Sharks in Canada has had around 500 athletes for a few yrs now, an expecting even more this yr with tryouts in 2 weeks! and out gym is much smaller than CA's! plus we're expecting 30 teams!

i don't know much about canadian cheer but i doubt there's many other places in the world that's quite as populated as north texas is with strong cheerleading gyms, cheer athletics, spirit of texas, pro spirit, champion, etc... so having 500 in an area where there are soooo many quality gyms to choose from is a lot.

It isn't so much that we can't fit more athletes in the gym, it is that we can't really add more without disrupting the teams that we already have. If 650 had shown up at the regular tryouts, we could have probably made it work with the scheduling, divisions, etc. The issue was that nearly 75 athletes waited until after our "regular" tryouts to try to hop on a team. Our teams, schedules, and coaching assignments had already been made and athletes had already been called to tell them their team assignments.

To take on more athletes at this point would be doing a disservice to the loyal athletes that have been with the program or attended the official tryout. Not gonna lie - we aren't huge fans of turning away people who are trying to hand us money, but that doesn't outweigh doing what is best for the program and fantastic families that are already here.

FYI - it is just over 500 "pure" all-star athletes at this point. This doesn't count crossovers, classes, dance teams, team training, or our special needs program. That is the largest we have ever been.

Back