All-Star Cheer Athletics Is Full!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It isn't so much that we can't fit more athletes in the gym, it is that we can't really add more without disrupting the teams that we already have. If 650 had shown up at the regular tryouts, we could have probably made it work with the scheduling, divisions, etc. The issue was that nearly 75 athletes waited until after our "regular" tryouts to try to hop on a team. Our teams, schedules, and coaching assignments had already been made and athletes had already been called to tell them their team assignments.

To take on more athletes at this point would be doing a disservice to the loyal athletes that have been with the program or attended the official tryout. Not gonna lie - we aren't huge fans of turning away people who are trying to hand us money, but that doesn't outweigh doing what is best for the program and fantastic families that are already here.

FYI - it is just over 500 "pure" all-star athletes at this point. This doesn't count crossovers, classes, dance teams, team training, or our special needs program. That is the largest we have ever been.

You all have a Level 6 this year? Coed or All-Girl?

I got a bunch texts from moms that noticed their teams were over the numbers....
The problem might take care of itself if parents think their kids won't be performing....
I highly doubt it. CA always has been and always will be a class act as long as @BlueCat is there (along with the rest of his amazing staff). Before you start making assumptions, you might wanna get more information from apparently what seems to be a more creditable source. You don't get to 500+ by making stupid decisions and I don't see them starting to anytime soon. I am SURE there is a good reason that numbers are the way they are and it def isn't for me or ESP YOU to question. If you have questions I'm sure if you PM bluecat he will be happy to help you with any questions or concerns.

What post were you reading? I was speaking about the fact I had a few moms message me about how many kids were on their team and if that meant there would be alternates. I answered "probably" and they got upset saying they didn't like it. It says NOTHING negative about an organization if they chose to do that, heck Worlds teams do it all the time. but it's also a fact that some moms don't like their Susie sitting on the bench and may leave.
I never said anything about stupid decisions (because having alternates def is not one). What assumptions are you refering to because I didn't make any. Bluecat knows who I am and if he has taken offense I'm sure I'll hear about it, but thanks for your concern.

i
I highly doubt it. CA always has been and always will be a class act as long as @BlueCat is there (along with the rest of his amazing staff). Before you start making assumptions, you might wanna get more information from apparently what seems to be a more creditable source. You don't get to 500+ by making stupid decisions and I don't see them starting to anytime soon. I am SURE there is a good reason that numbers are the way they are and it def isn't for me or ESP YOU to question. If you have questions I'm sure if you PM bluecat he will be happy to help you with any questions or concerns.
i agree!!!!

I got a bunch texts from moms that noticed their teams were over the numbers....
The problem might take care of itself if parents think their kids won't be performing....

Oversimplifying it a bit, but the one team that was more than 1 or 2 over numbers has been split in two. Our coaching staff debated and hashed out the new rosters for several hours during the day Monday and did not finish this process until an hour before this team began their first practice (which had unfortunately been scheduled for Monday.) It was much too late to get in touch with each and every athlete involved with the switch prior to their practice starting, so this has been handled with personal phone calls to the affected athletes over the last 48 hours. While this affected only a single practice by one team, our frustration with our own inability to handle this in a timely manner was the catalyst for our decision to put a temporary freeze on new athletes. This is costing us tens of thousands of dollars in lost revenue (a significant amount of which has been redirected to other area programs.). However, we have explained our reasons for doing so.

In a few specific cases, we have notified a very limited # of people that they would not make the mat with their current skill set if the competion were to be held today. They have been given very specific reasons for this and what they need to work on. They are then given the option to accept this role or not. This discussion is generally part of the personal phone calls that we make to each athlete and is an example of why we choose to have those discussions one-on-one instead of simply posting athlete codes or serial numbers in mass on our website. If these athletes choose to go somewhere else in the area that has not yet been able to fill their teams, then we would certainly understand and support them in that decision.

I feel that we have been very open and honest about the roster selections - much more so than most programs in our area. If someone has a concern with the way we run our program and an interest in finding out the truth, please feel free to ask any member of our staff. This is even true for parents/athletes in programs that compete against us. You could also pm me directly. While our staff has spent an unbelievable amount of time on the phone discussing concerns /questions about team placement, we are willing to continue doing it as long as people wish.

I do apologize if this post has a more negative tone than intended. It has been a VERY long week of correcting false and often absurd rumors. It also strikes a bit of a nerve when we are turning customers away, even encouraging them go to other programs in our area, only to have people from those very programs put forth false rumors/exaggerations about us. No one "owes" us anything, but a bit of common courtesy would be greatly appreciated.

Obviously my post was taken in a way that I was never intending. Everything you said above is understandable and I imagine that gyms with large amounts of kids coming in are going to have snags sometimes. I think I probably should have explained better in my post that the few moms that did text me I have known for a very long time and I DID NOT perpetuate any irritation they had. They asked me if that meant there would be alternates and I said..."1. Talk to your own gym about it and if your that worried talk to the coaches and 2. they may be splitting your team so don't freak out over nothing." I also followed it up with "why are you asking me?"
I didn't say a ton, in fact it was three people..that's it. My wording was really bad....my 2nd statement was referring to those parents that would leave if they were told their child was waitlisted or an alternate.
Somehow my two sentences were taken as a backhand to CA, which it was NEVER meant to be! I love that gym almost as much as our current one and would still be there if we didn't live so far away. It is an amazing program and would never mean to say anything derogatory against them. In fact if @kingston or an admin can delete that post please do!

Hey @BlueCat if those athletes coming are ones that were planning on making a long drive to the gym, we have a gym about 6 hours away that would love any leftover athletes you could send our way :p Conway ar isn't a horrible drive from Dallas :p

Back