All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Awwww why???? I would love to see a "Cheerleaders" type web series about Panthers/Cheetahs/Wildcats anyday! I can understand if its because you guys want your gym's system to stay fairly private.

There isn't anything particularly secret about the way we do things - it is more about protecting our privacy (and sanity). What is it about that show that you like?

I have to admit that I have not watched it or the other one that gets talked about (Cheer Perfection?). I am not a big reality(ish) show fan in general - but particularly not when it is about something similar to what I see every day anyway.

I have to admit that I have not watched it or the other one that gets talked about (Cheer Perfection?). I am not a big reality(ish) show fan in general - but particularly not when it is about something similar to what I see every day anyway.

There is a big difference between the two shows. One has created drama that focuses in people behaving bad while chasing thier own - umm I mean their kids- dreams. The other is more of a documentary style history of the struggles and joys of being a Worlds level team. Someone is overseeing the production very closely. I am not sure if it is CA, the parents, or possibly the production company, but someone has been closely monitoring what has been shown and I am proud to say that there has been nothing negative in the two seasons.

Cheer perfection is not worth watching. Most of the episodes of Cali Smoed cheerleaders show you how hard they train, work out, and practice. The joys and rewards of winning worlds to the pain of losing a team member due to serious injury. A true glimpse into a Worlds team! So many people love Cheer Athletics that it is exciting to think of being able to watch a similar series about your gym, but completely respect your right to not be interested in that idea.

There isn't anything particularly secret about the way we do things - it is more about protecting our privacy (and sanity). What is it about that show that you like?

Cheer Perfection is horrible but the web series about smoed just gives us a REAL look at competitive cheerleading and how the athletes train and deal with its everyday struggles. Not to mention I'm sure it would be beneficial to promoting the Cheer Athletics brand to a broader audience as well. But all in all, the show is very entertaining.

I like showing my CP what it takes to be a high caliber athlete. I point to the screen and say "You see that? All the hard work and dedication? That's the kind of focus and commitment the ENTIRE team needs to be successful." I would love to see a documentary on Cheer Athletics. I appreciate a quality program and would definitely sit down to watch it. Even if it wasn't in a series format. The other show is pure entertainment for me personally. I don't even bother pulling my CP in the room to watch.

I feel like if Cheer Athletics took the time to make a series or documentary, it should be done by someone currently at the gym and supervised by the owner(s?) That way, there is no gray area in what is released to the public and no drama, just cheerleading.

I do think it would be interesting if they did a mini series leading up to Worlds with their insane practice schedule and how many people struggle with traveling to get to practice and how they deal with it. That would be a huge undertaking but I can dream :cloud9:

I do think it would be interesting if they did a mini series leading up to Worlds with their insane practice schedule and how many people struggle with traveling to get to practice and how they deal with it. That would be a huge undertaking but I can dream :cloud9:

Just curious. How is the schedule insane? What is a normal practice schedule before Worlds?

How many athletes do you have that come to your gym(s) just for tumbling (or other types) of classes that aren't a part of the CA family?

How does CA feel about athletes promoting products?

It is somewhat recent development. We are working on trying to come up with a policy that is fair to the athletes and still protects the image of our brand.

Just curious. How is the schedule insane? What is a normal practice schedule before Worlds?

I'm not sure I understand your first question, but there is no "normal" schedule immediately preceding a major event. It is whatever the teams needs in order for us to feel they are ready. Sometimes that is several extra practices, sometimes it isn't.

How many athletes do you have that come to your gym(s) just for tumbling (or other types) of classes that aren't a part of the CA family?

We consider everyone taking classes to be a part of the CA Family, so the literal answer to your question is zero. If you mean how many athletes take classes are not also on a team - it is in the hundreds. Off of the top of my head, I would think about half of our class athletes do not also compete for us.

We consider everyone taking classes to be a part of the CA Family, so the literal answer to your question is zero. If you mean how many athletes take classes are not also on a team - it is in the hundreds. Off of the top of my head, I would think about half of our class athletes do not also compete for us.
Oh sorry, I did not know that! Yes, that's exactly what I meant.

Last edited:
Back