All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did you guys have to pay for those uniforms our were they given to you by Rebel? I can't remember if this has been asked before, so if it already has then my apologies.
That has not been asked before that I can remember. Unfortunately, the financial arrangement between us and Rebel is not public.

sorry if this has been asked...but why aren't cheetahs going to champions league anymore?
what made you decide to send CA teams to summit?

I saw people on twitter talking about tryouts today. Was that just for level 5 athletes that were currently on a team? If so, why did they tryouts so early and not on the regular tryout dates?

sorry if this has been asked...but why aren't cheetahs going to champions league anymore?
what made you decide to send CA teams to summit?
Cost was a big factor for our coed team in deciding not to attend. They already had two large travel trips (Majors and Worlds)

Regarding Summit, some of our teams got bids and voted to go. We still aren't sure we are fully on board with adding another Varsity competition at Disney at that time of year, but we are taking some teams this year to try it out.

I saw people on twitter talking about tryouts today. Was that just for level 5 athletes that were currently on a team? If so, why did they tryouts so early and not on the regular tryout dates?
Some of the tryout dates will likely conflict with Worlds practices. We wanted to let some of those athletes get their tryout squared away early if they wanted to.

What's your overall thought on champions league? Would you do it again?

Like most events, there were ups and downs. I love the concept. The execution needs some work.

Up: Free concessions for the athletes
Down: The warmup room and no full spring floor.

Up: Entry fee
Down: Travel costs

Up: Allowing gyms to have vendor booths to sell their stuff
Down: Putting those booths far out of sight and off the beaten path

Up: The movie. It is a great outside-the-box idea that could expose our sport to many new athletes - helping all of us in the business.
Down: The movie production. From what I could tell, the movie producer was in control of the event. The chaos of a schedule and multiple delays were HUGE frustrations for the athletes and coaches. Performing for the second time at 11:30 pm is ridiculous enough without having numerous unexpected starts and stops in the warmup and pre-performance process. It affected all of the teams and was inexcusable. It was a big case of the tail wagging the dog and will likely keep many teams from returning - regardless of how the movie turns out.

Up: Parts of the scoring process. I love the availability of all of the scores to the coaches and publishing (for the coaches) ALL of the scores and scoresheets online.
Down: Parts of the scoring process. I am still confused by what the first round and the carry-over difficulty score was supposed to represent. Nearly everyone was absolutely baffled at the awards ceremony, including every coach I could see. For what I could tell based on the teams I saw, the right teams won, but it was a mystery how they got to that point.

side note: WHY are there still so many completely different scoring systems? Every major event we attend now has a completely different scoresheet with different philosophies. Seriously? It is hard to take the sport seriously when no one understands why teams win/lose. Pick something and stick with it. Believe it or not, USASF is the worst offender with easily the most radical scoring system of any event we go to.

Last edited:
First of all...I have NO idea if this is true BUT if it were to be true...a little more competition in NC is not going to hurt anyone. This is Cheerleading ladies and gentlemen not football. It's not for the weak hearted. More gyms, more divisional competition. What coach wouldn't be happy about that? Unless you are insecure in your ability to train champions, otherwise you should be excited that there's potential for more teams in your kids division at regional and national competitions held here. This honestly goes for athletes, parents, and coaches. It's a coaches job to prepare and train there team for any circumstance, it's the athletes job to trust and follow there coaches instructions, and train there bodies for the competitive season, and lastly it is the parents job to be supportive of whatever program & athlete you are representing. As a gym owner...it's YOUR job to fill your gym with trained coaches so that you aren't even phased when rumors, or announcements like this surface. With that being said, if you agree with what I have listed above then why would CA coming to NC even matter to you? We need more gyms in this great beautiful state! If it is true. I welcome you with open arms and I hope the rumored gym has a successful stay here.

Back