All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do your athletes get to choose say the top 3 teams they'd like to be on? Say panthers cheetahs then junglecats? And how does it work?

so far, all of CA's expansions have been entirely new facilities (or non-cheer facilities a la frisco.) would y'all ever consider taking over an existing gym if the opportunity presented itself? or do you prefer just prefer to start fresh?

Do your athletes get to choose say the top 3 teams they'd like to be on? Say panthers cheetahs then junglecats? And how does it work?

We give athletes the opportunity to pick their top 3 choices. That can play some factor in team determination if we are on the fence on where to put them. (assuming the picks are realistic)

so far, all of CA's expansions have been entirely new facilities (or non-cheer facilities a la frisco.) would y'all ever consider taking over an existing gym if the opportunity presented itself? or do you prefer just prefer to start fresh?
We will consider any reasonable offer. That being said, it is tough to justify paying someone a great deal of money for a pre-built business when we can open one from scratch and (hopefully) make it work without doing that. Realistically, we would only really consider buying someone's equipment and taking over their lease. Paying much more than that typically doesn't make good business sense for us.

Also, our style/culture/brand is an important part of our identity. It seems easier to infuse that into a brand-new gym, rather than trying to take one over and change the way they do things.

So I'm a little curious about the business side of Cheer Athletics. How many owners are there? When you guys open up different locations do the owners stay the same or does each location have a separate owner? Does each location just have a manager that makes sure things are being run smoothly and that CA's philosophy is still the same? You also mentioned something about the CLAWffice and CA's new corporate offices.. Do you guys have a separate office location for all the paperwork/business operations or is there just office space at the gym? Do you guys have in-house accountants or do you use a CPA firm to do all of that? What kind of work do you do on a daily basis in regards to the business aspect? Are people hired that have almost no involvement in the "cheer" part? If these questions are too invasive or anything, I apologize. As a prospective business/accounting student, I've taken some accounting courses, but haven't really had the opportunity to learn more about the operations and inside workings of a business and I'm really curious about it. Especially in regards to cheer gyms.

On a completely unrelated note, what's the Food Network show about?

Back