All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Well, no. But it doesn't look like this endorsement trend is going away anytime soon, so I would rather see legitimate companies instead of some random app. I definitely think the amount of things they endorse should be scaled back quite a bit(or not occur at all) but that is up to the gym owners and what they are comfortable associating their name with.
Fair enough.

There isn't a perfect answer. I don't think anyone wants a free-for-all where every athlete's every tweet/insta post is about some random product they are hawking, but we also can't simply kick kids off teams for mentioning things they like or enjoy either.

part of me thinks the promo-ing and advertising has gotten out of hand... and part of me is 100% jealous of the PB teen girl and if pottery barn wanted to decorate a room in my apartment for FREE, i would tweet, instagram, Facebook, Morse code, and hire a plane to ride around with a banner promoting them. stuffs expensive and i love it.

We have tried to keep that under control as much as possible and have put some policies in place recently to make sure that those at least get run by us first. We don't want to limit the opportunities for the athletes, but we also have to protect our brand. In fairness to our staff, we try to help the athletes make good choices with social media, but in the end, no one can simultaneously control what hundreds of teenagers do every minute of every day.

FWIW - You would be surprised at how many sponsorship offers like this get turned down.

Do you have any examples of these types of things that have happened recently?

I'm curious how you felt/feel about multiple CA athletes promoting "chicken fries" from KFC a couple months ago? Given that we are a competitive sport I didn't quite understand the promotion of fast food, so I was curious how you felt about that.

Back