All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@BlueCat, what are attendance policies for CA athletes and what level of commitment is expected from them, especially with the upper level teams?

Guess I'm asking how many times an athlete can miss practices and not be in danger of being removed from a team? Does the athletes ability ever become a factor?

Last edited:
I'm curious how you felt/feel about multiple CA athletes promoting "chicken fries" from KFC a couple months ago? Given that we are a competitive sport I didn't quite understand the promotion of fast food, so I was curious how you felt about that.

I didn't see that. I'm not particularly in favor of it, but liking fried food isn't the worst thing I've ever heard a teenager do.

part of me thinks the promo-ing and advertising has gotten out of hand... and part of me is 100% jealous of the PB teen girl and if pottery barn wanted to decorate a room in my apartment for FREE, i would tweet, instagram, Facebook, Morse code, and hire a plane to ride around with a banner promoting them. stuffs expensive and i love it.

I would probably murder someone for free PB Teen stuff. I mean, I watch way too many crime shows for my own good so I bet I could get away with it. And if I got caught then I would just make sure I write a clause into my contract with them that they would have to deck out my jail cell. And that could be inspiration for their newest product lines - P.B. Prison :p

I think it's hard to police/monitor promotions of kids whom you're not PAYING, as well.

I mean, CA is not PAYING Chelsea Cheetah. So they have limited recourse should they decide that they don't approve of her love for KFC Double Downs, ChickenFries, TheMyCheerlebrityGetAbsLikeMe Fitness app, you get the idea.

Last edited:
I think it's hard to police/monitor promotions of kids whom you're not PAYING, as well.

I mean, CA is not PAYING Chelsea Cheetah. So they have limited recourse should they decide that they don't approve of her love for KFC Double Downs, ChickenFries, TheMyCheerlebrityGetAbsLikeMe Fitness app, you get the idea.

I get that side of it, but in my opinion as a competitive athlete with thousands of athletes looking up to you, and even children outside of cheerleading for many of these girls, and the disgusting amount of weight issues we see in children and teens today, fast food is one of the last things you should be promoting (drugs/alcohol/partying being ahead of that)

I get that side of it, but in my opinion as a competitive athlete with thousands of athletes looking up to you, and even children outside of cheerleading for many of these girls, and the disgusting amount of weight issues we see in children and teens today, fast food is one of the last things you should be promoting (drugs/alcohol/partying being ahead of that)

Do I WANT our athletes saying they like fast food? Not particularly. Do I want a massive list of politically incorrect things they aren't allowed to talk about? Absolutely not.

Ultimately, you have to pick your battles. If I got up in arms every time an athlete said they liked burgers, cokes, fries, fried chicken, etc. I would never get anything done.

The NCAA has no problem preventing their athletes from endorsing things. CA can very easily make it part of their code of conduct or whatever. It's not hard for a private business to say "we don't tolerate this" and potentially remove an athlete if they want to.

Do I WANT our athletes saying they like fast food? Not particularly. Do I want a massive list of politically incorrect things they aren't allowed to talk about? Absolutely not.

Ultimately, you have to pick your battles. If I got up in arms every time an athlete said they liked burgers, cokes, fries, fried chicken, etc. I would never get anything done.

I get that. I guess my point was it should be more on these athletes to realize their position in social media and how their endorsements could effect the kids viewing their Instagram and Twitter every day.

i do think its weird seeing athletes promote the things they do sometime, but id rather see that then something along the lines to what cali kids have been up to recently :rolleyes: i get they are two different things, but if the most harm CA kids can do is promote chicken fries, then i dont see to much harm in it.
The bottom line is these are still kids. You can be the most in shape, healthy eating, ripped ab, personal training beast of a fitness guru and you're still likely to cave into a juicy burger once in a while.....and probably Instagram it because it happens so infrequently so it's noteworthy.

I think (on the whole) it's pretty hypocritical to side eye an athletic, in shape kid because they fangirled some chicken fries....

....I mean....everybody fangirls chicken fries!

(And @ASCheerMan's food posts are some of the highlights of my twitter/IG feeds, I don't think that means he's getting a check from the Twinkie people as an official endorsement)

The NCAA has no problem preventing their athletes from endorsing things. CA can very easily make it part of their code of conduct or whatever. It's not hard for a private business to say "we don't tolerate this" and potentially remove an athlete if they want to.

I don't agree that the NCAA has "no problem" managing their athletes. The NCAA has an annual budget that approaches a billion dollars, hundreds of employees, and thousands of pages of rules. Even with all of those resources, they still have numerous enforcement issues annually, most of which we likely never hear about.

I don't agree that the NCAA has "no problem" managing their athletes. The NCAA has an annual budget that approaches a billion dollars, hundreds of employees, and a complex rule book that is hundreds of pages long. Even with all of those resources, they still have numerous enforcement issues annually, most of which we likely never hear about.

True, and I didn't mean to imply that you should have no problem enforcing your endorsement policy. My point was that just because you aren't paying your athletes doesn't mean you can't require a certain code of conduct - even if you don't have the means to enforce it.

Latest posts

Back