All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

How do you decide how to spell cats? Like some are ____Cats or _____Katz. I've always been kind of curious as to why some are C vs K and end with a S vs Z.

Sometimes it is K/Z, sometimes C/S. Sometimes it is capitalized, sometimes not. Sometimes "cats" it is even a separate word, sometimes not. There is no logic to it. I have lost many arguments over the years when naming teams. If it were only up to me, they would all be _____cats.

Sometimes logic and efficiency don't trump "but it looks cooler when you write it out"

(I am extremely fortunate that this is the type of thing we don't see eye-to-eye on - very trivial in the grand scheme of things.)

Last edited:
I know it's already been confirmed Panthers are large, but just curious as to why y'all thought they would be switching divisions?
I kind of thought so because i saw quite a few babs switch to cheetahs, as well as not hearing ANYTHING about babs til quite a bit later.. figured that if it was a large team one of the 35/36 would have gotten their call, so maybe they went back to small or medium.. I think babs calls started later than the others, whether intentional or not I'm not sure..

I was in division with fiercekatz this previous season & I loved all of the girls. They were all so sweet. I'm sad fiercekatz just made a comeback & they're gone already :(

11 teams in Charlotte - that's crazy! Also interesting to see multiple large L3 and L4 teams in Charlotte. Good base for the future! Congrats for the growth everywhere even though I'm partial to this area.

Anyone keeping track of how many new Junior Restricted 5 teams there are? I have noticed several Large ones listed. Just thinking this division might be bigger than expected.

I wonder..... if Pink returns, would the team name "Blink" switch back to "Black"?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Blink go into IOSC6. A lot of blink was Louisville small coed, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take the same route as Large Coed and compete (more or less) the same routine at Worlds as at College Nationals.

ETA: Sorry, this is a CS discussion thread, probably should discuss this in the New Teams thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back