All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw something on tumblr about Cheetahs having poor sportsmanship. More than a dozen people agreed with the original post & I just have no idea why they have such a bad rep

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I saw something on tumblr about Cheetahs having poor sportsmanship. More than a dozen people agreed with the original post & I just have no idea why they have such a bad rep

Was this a post from like December-January-ish? Maybe even earlier...I remember I was at home so it was either Thanksgiving or Christmas breaks....

What is this about CA that everyone's tweeting about? Something about not being on a certain level if you don't have those skills. If that it true, props to you CA! More gyms should follow this, it would a) prevent injury from kids attempting skills they aren't ready for and b) create more fairness because everyone would deserve to be on the level they compete on

No, it's fairly recent. It had less than 100 notes & has been blowing up my dash the last few days

they've been going on for a few months... I say, how about we don't whine about such and such being on a team "without those skills" (which there is always a good reason a cheerleaders on a team, if they don;t have a full they make up for it elsewhere) and just enjoy the sport?
I bet i'll regret saying this.. :oops:

Don't use tumblr for cheer opinions....it's stupid
There's no need to bash tumblr in its entirety. The cheer community over there is growing. Yeah the occasional drama comes up, but that is true of every social media site, including this one. The majority of the girls who commented on the post I was referring to cheer for level 5 coed teams and were talking about their experience interacting with the Cheetahs compared to other competitors. I've spoken with a few CA Cheetah girls before and they've never been anything but friendly and encouraging.

I don't follow tumblr, so you would have to forward it to me for me to comment on that specifically.

What is this about CA that everyone's tweeting about? Something about not being on a certain level if you don't have those skills. If that it true, props to you CA! More gyms should follow this, it would a) prevent injury from kids attempting skills they aren't ready for and b) create more fairness because everyone would deserve to be on the level they compete on

We sent a message to our athletes regarding our expectations for levels for the upcoming season. Basically, our standards for making each level are going to be stricter than they have been in the past - particularly with regard to technique. We wanted to basically let everyone know ahead of time what our expectations are, rather than surprise them when they got their team placement call.

TBH I'm pretty sure (from what I've seen) this is either referring to a) the bow-gate situation or b) the number of cheerlebrities on the team.
Tumblr seems to always have someone commenting about how there are too many cheerlebrities on Cheetahs and they get too much credit, they're full of themselves, they aren't that good, and 'one person doesn't make up a team' so I think that's where this stemmed from. Although I fail to see the sportsmanship thing, because nobody is being rude to the other teams, but you know it's tumblr. I could be way off but most of the comments like this I've seen have related to the "cheerlebrities" on the team in some way. *sigh* people are ridiculous

There's no need to bash tumblr in its entirety. The cheer community over there is growing. Yeah the occasional drama comes up, but that is true of every social media site, including this one. The majority of the girls who commented on the post I was referring to cheer for level 5 coed teams and were talking about their experience interacting with the Cheetahs compared to other competitors. I've spoken with a few CA Cheetah girls before and they've never been anything but friendly and encouraging.

Cheetah didn't sign your bow?? You must be new.

Back