All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

TBH I'm pretty sure (from what I've seen) this is either referring to a) the bow-gate situation or b) the number of cheerlebrities on the team.
Tumblr seems to always have someone commenting about how there are too many cheerlebrities on Cheetahs and they get too much credit, they're full of themselves, they aren't that good, and 'one person doesn't make up a team' so I think that's where this stemmed from. Although I fail to see the sportsmanship thing, because nobody is being rude to the other teams, but you know it's tumblr. I could be way off but most of the comments like this I've seen have related to the "cheerlebrities" on the team in some way. *sigh* people are ridiculous
People ARE ridiculous

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

BlueCat
After tryouts when will our 1st tuition and practice clothes payment be due?
And do you still do 50% down and remainder due when uniforms/practice clothes come in?
I am trying to schedule out when extra things will be due so I can plan ahead.

BlueCat
After tryouts when will our 1st tuition and practice clothes payment be due?
And do you still do 50% down and remainder due when uniforms/practice clothes come in?
I am trying to schedule out when extra things will be due so I can plan ahead.

I am not certain when the clothing will be due. ([email protected])

The first tuition (May) will be taken out around the first practice date (May 12). June tuition (and all following months) will be taken out on or around the first of each month.

Reminder that we are NOT "front-loading" the tuition this season like we have done the last couple of seasons. The rate will be the same May-April. (In previous years, the first 4 months were more expensive, the last 4 were cheaper.)

I'm not sure why people would think this, but we have had multiple people ask if it was true that we have already picked our Level 5 teams for next season.

No. Not only that, but we do not even know what teams we will be having. We don't even start picking teams until after the last day of tryouts.

Every team is pretty much the same. 3.5 hours a week total. Typically 2 hours on Sunday, 1.5 hours on a weeknight. This includes everything - tumbling, choreography, etc. Some athletes take additional tumbling classes, but it is not mandatory.

We realize that this is much shorter than most programs. We just try to have efficient practices.

What does a typical practice plan look like. You guys are in the gym 1/2 as much as our teams. What's the secret? What makes it efficient?

What does a typical practice plan look like. You guys are in the gym 1/2 as much as our teams. What's the secret? What makes it efficient?

To be quite honest, I have never watched a non-CA all star team practice, so I don't know what is different. (I have worked at the same gym for nearly 20 years.) I would think that part of it is that we typically have more coaches per team than most gyms.

To be quite honest, I have never watched a non-CA all star team practice, so I don't know what is different. (I have worked at the same gym for nearly 20 years.) I would think that part of it is that we typically have more coaches per team than most gyms.

This is something I would like to have but the owner of my gym really watches our ratio of kids to coaches (8/9:1) so the most we get is 2 per team, 3 if its a large team.
I don't think the ratio should be the same since its a competitive team compared to rec classes. Any suggestions on how to approach getting this changed? The only thing I have thought of is needing to spot multiple stunt groups but that's not necessary at all times throughout the year.

*Lower pay per coach isn't really a great option hehe.

This is something I would like to have but the owner of my gym really watches our ratio of kids to coaches (8/9:1) so the most we get is 2 per team, 3 if its a large team.
I don't think the ratio should be the same since its a competitive team compared to rec classes. Any suggestions on how to approach getting this changed? The only thing I have thought of is needing to spot multiple stunt groups but that's not necessary at all times throughout the year.

*Lower pay per coach isn't really a great option hehe.

Our ratio is not significantly different from that. I have assumed that was not typical, but maybe it is. As I said, I have not ever watched another gym's team go through a practice.

Our ratio is not significantly different from that. I have assumed that was not typical, but maybe it is. As I said, I have not ever watched another gym's team go through a practice.

I see. I was thinking 3 coaches per small team (of 15 or more) and that would be closer to 5:1 so not too far off. I feel like we could get more accomplished with a 3rd coach on hand.

How do all the athletes on your teams have abs? Do you do something special?
I would assume that nearly every athlete at every gym has abdominal muscles.

To your intended question, visible abs is mostly about a healthy diet. (Please don't follow whatever joke "CA diet" is going around - we didn't have anything to do with that.) Getting your abs to "show" is mostly about decreasing the amount of body fat in the way so their contour is visible under your skin. Calorie-burning exercises can help achieve that, but unless you are riding in the Tour de France or similar, diet plays the biggest role in that for most people.

Having a strong set of core muscles helps with nearly every athletic endeavor and can be achieved through a variety of ways.

The ideal workout (or diet) to achieve that is going to be unique to each individual and would depend on your body type, current fitness level, and desired goals.

I would assume that nearly every athlete at every gym has abdominal muscles.

To your intended question, visible abs is mostly about a healthy diet. (Please don't follow whatever joke "CA diet" is going around - we didn't have anything to do with that.) Getting your abs to "show" is mostly about decreasing the amount of body fat in the way so their contour is visible under your skin. Calorie-burning exercises can help achieve that, but unless you are riding in the Tour de France or similar, diet plays the biggest role in that for most people.

Having a strong set of core muscles helps with nearly every athletic endeavor and can be achieved through a variety of ways.

The ideal workout (or diet) to achieve that is going to be unique to each individual and would depend on your body type, current fitness level, and desired goals.
This might be one of my favorites on my list of "loved BlueCat" posts

Back