All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Im not bluecat, but i am a mom whos daughter does 4hrs each way

Lol it takes lots of discipline for the athlete. But i will say it has taught my daughter to learn to manage her time wisely and to be very responsible.

Homework is done in the car on the way up and most of the time sleep the entire car ride home.

This is our 3rd year doing it.
We get home on week night practices about 130am. And school starts at 715am. it takes discipline and the right mind set for sure to make it work.

Practice times vary during the weekend. And usually worlds teams practice 730pm to 930pm during the week. So leaving shortly after school lets out is a must to make it by 730.

I will say its 110% worth it!
Bless your soul & props to your daughter for managing her time so well!

Im not bluecat, but i am a mom whos daughter does 4hrs each way

Lol it takes lots of discipline for the athlete. But i will say it has taught my daughter to learn to manage her time wisely and to be very responsible.

Homework is done in the car on the way up and most of the time sleep the entire car ride home.

This is our 3rd year doing it.
We get home on week night practices about 130am. And school starts at 715am. it takes discipline and the right mind set for sure to make it work.

Practice times vary during the weekend. And usually worlds teams practice 730pm to 930pm during the week. So leaving shortly after school lets out is a must to make it by 730.

I will say its 110% worth it!
Wow that's dedication!!

How many people commute a far distance to CA? How far is the farthest away people travel from?

Last edited:
I know I've said this before (probably in this thread) but I'm stunned gyms like Top Gun and Cheer Athletics don't have a billet program already organized.

I know I've said this before (probably in this thread) but I'm stunned gyms like Top Gun and Cheer Athletics don't have a billet program already organized.
TG has families willing to host kids and pretty sure the Jag House is still around.

**A million thanks to anyone that can find When will Susie Tic Toc on XtraNormal**

Four. Hours.

oh my god. I could barely handle a 1.5 hour drive to my old gym. Thats crazy!!! But I see you've made it work!
I am with you on this one. CP had a gym a few years back that was over an hour away in traffic and I wanted to pull my hair out three times a week.

I just can't get over how expensive it would be to fly in for practice, or to drive multiple hours to and from the gym. I have no doubt that it's completely worth it for a lot of families, and I'm impressed by the dedication, but the cost would be incredible...

Back