All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you think the level 5 teams will travle alot more this season?!
Like to cheersport, or any competitions out of texas?!
It would be exciting to go some where new and compete in front of a different crowd and different teams!:)

Do you think the level 5 teams will travle alot more this season?!
Like to cheersport, or any competitions out of texas?!
It would be exciting to go some where new and compete in front of a different crowd and different teams!:)
We are probably more open to traveling than we have been in years past, but that still has not been decided.

so it's true that cheer athletics is full ? thats amazing ! they are so good its not even funny .

Yes, we have temporarily capped enrollment due to the overwhelming number of people trying out after "tryouts". If I remember correctly, we offered spots to every single athlete who was at the scheduled tryout. All of the people calling now would have been on a team if they had been at the regular tryout - which is kind of sad for them and REALLY sad for us.

Yes, we have temporarily capped enrollment due to the overwhelming number of people trying out after "tryouts". If I remember correctly, we offered spots to every single athlete who was at the scheduled tryout. All of the people calling now would have been on a team if they had been at the regular tryout - which is kind of sad for them and REALLY sad for us.
i seee

Here comes my least popular comment so far.

Fierceboard is an awesome resource and has a big entertainment value. We can use it as sort of a "focus group" to get a feel for the industry.

That being said: Fierceboard popularity is overrated. Getting shimmies and winning online polls for who is "definitely" going to win are fun in a way, but that is not our (or probably any major program's) focus.

Some of the biggest topics this year were about how dominant Cali Sm Sr was (they were great), who was better between Shooting Stars and SE, and who would win the old-school coed battle in semi-limited between Top Gun, Georgia, and Cheer Athletics. You will notice that those discussions didn't have a huge impact on who is now waiting on their Worlds rings to be shipped.

In fairness, FB has probably had a pretty big impact on some of the rules discussions. It has also brought to light some "discrepancies" at events that probably needed some light to be shone one them. However, it has not gotten to the point where it is affecting the outcome of cheer competitions.

I just wanted to clarify that I don't think the Fierceboard has given the east coast teams more wins or titles, just that I think they have more "fans" due to the Fierceboard. I have no specific proof on that, just speculation I suppose. But not many people on here give much love to any teams from the Midwest. But there also aren't as many members from this area of the country on here either. I think MAYBE 6-7 from T&S and most of them are just readers.

It would be interesting to see how the goegraphic dispersion of FB members compares to the general population of the US.

It would be interesting to see how the goegraphic dispersion of FB members compares to the general population of the US.

Agreed. :) I do remember when I was an admin being able to see where the different IP addresses were coming from and you would see a vast majority over on the east coast and then a couple sporadically throughout the midwest and then a handful more on the west coast. That has been a couple years so I can't say for sure what it is like now.

One of the first things you would have to jettison is the idea of having full uniforms. You would simply HAVE to be in shorts and a t-shirt to even think about getting the price down anywhere near the range you are talking about.

One issue is that few all-star gyms want their teams anywhere near a "rival" gym with the size to host an event like that. The last thing that you would want if you were in our area would be to trapse some of your new athletes into our gym for a competition. It would almost certainly have to be at a neutral site to work - at least in our area. (Don't get me wrong, we would host the event for free in that scenario.)

The idea of hosting at an all-star gym would only be if a high-school gym wasn't an option.

The idea is to drive down costs as much as possible while giving kids a competitive cheer experience.

That isnt very accurate though. I live in Illinois and it shows me in Ohio.
How do you know which is you? (And Ill to Ohio is a big jump; there is a state in between) I can only tell which I am by the location. And it is still regional enough to show concentration. I'm sure people in california aren't showing up in florida.

Back