All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What season do you consider your most succesful, and why?

That is nearly impossible to answer. The seasons that have been the most satisfying for me personally are when people think that we are "going downhill" and then we respond with a much stronger set of teams than people expect the following year. We have had seasons that were a bit disappointing results-wise (2009-2010 being the most recent), but we have not yet (knock on wood) had two in a row.

Bluecat for what it is worth, I feel like CA sort of halfway reinvented itself this past season for the positive. I remember having conversations with friends about a slight concern for your program a few years back, and your staff has completely wiped out those concerns completely with the 10-11 season. I love the new look and feel of CA and I am so thrilled that the original All Star gym is still strong as ever. You know I'm just a parent, but I thought you might appreciate the positive observation from an outsider :).

That is nearly impossible to answer. The seasons that have been the most satisfying for me personally are when people think that we are "going downhill" and then we respond with a much stronger set of teams than people expect the following year. We have had seasons that were a bit disappointing results-wise (2009-2010 being the most recent), but we have not yet (knock on wood) had two in a row.

I believe what makes a program a truly incredible program is the ability to bounce back from a not-so-strong season and continue to prove that you are still on top of your game so-to-speak. Cheer Athletics definitely proved that to me as well this past season.

Bluecat for what it is worth, I feel like CA sort of halfway reinvented itself this past season for the positive. I remember having conversations with friends about a slight concern for your program a few years back, and your staff has completely wiped out those concerns completely with the 10-11 season. I love the new look and feel of CA and I am so thrilled that the original All Star gym is still strong as ever. You know I'm just a parent, but I thought you might appreciate the positive observation from an outsider :).
Thank you. That is one of the best compliments we can hear. We are always striving to improve and "reinvent" ourselves.

It sounds trite and cliche, but I really do believe that sometimes the very best possible thing that can happen to you is to lose and/or have an off year. It forces you to reevaluate what you do and can motivate you to get better. You almost always learn more when you lose than when you win. If you have a mature attitude, it can also be a huge motivator. (Don't get me wrong, we strive to win every time.)

do you travel/compete as a program? or break teams up? how many competitions do you attend each season...kinda interested in the lower levels

do you travel/compete as a program? or break teams up? how many competitions do you attend each season...kinda interested in the lower levels

We basically compete as a program at every event (except Worlds). We typically go to 3-4 "nationals" and 3ish local events.

well the thread is cheer athletics rumors...

True, and there have been 15 pages of questions and answers about many of them. Did you mean what other rumors have not been addresssed, what are the most comon ones, or did you mean something else? I didn't understand what you mean and still don't.

I will try to answer specific questions if possible, but "what rumors are there" is a little bit too broad. Could you narrow it down a bit please?

I was also going to Comment on why I feel like CA doesn't have to travel as much, at one point you had Americas best World bids down the street in fort worth, ACA given out two in fort worth, Spirit Celebration giving out two about 40 mins from CA in denton, then you have NCA literally in CA's back yard...Then in houston about 3 or 4 hours away that has ACP giving out two bids, and Cheer America giving out two! It seems like most other gyms don't just TRAVEL to TRAVEL. They take their teams to nationals to have tough competition and to get worlds bids. Cheer Athletics and other gyms in the DFW Metroplex can get all of this in their backyard!

In regards to traveling is Cheersport the comp being considered? Or Jamfest? Or have yall not even gotten that far into thinking about traveling yet?

When i was coming to the gym, i got told that we were supposed to always be quiet, and if we messed up coaches would get mad and yell at us.
Maybe, do you know why people would think this and tell everybody this?

I was also going to Comment on why I feel like CA doesn't have to travel as much, at one point you had Americas best World bids down the street in fort worth, ACA given out two in fort worth, Spirit Celebration giving out two about 40 mins from CA in denton, then you have NCA literally in CA's back yard...Then in houston about 3 or 4 hours away that has ACP giving out two bids, and Cheer America giving out two! It seems like most other gyms don't just TRAVEL to TRAVEL. They take their teams to nationals to have tough competition and to get worlds bids. Cheer Athletics and other gyms in the DFW Metroplex can get all of this in their backyard!

In regards to traveling is Cheersport the comp being considered? Or Jamfest? Or have yall not even gotten that far into thinking about traveling yet?
We have not gotten that far into setting up the competition season. That should happen in the next few weeks.

I would imagine that we would primarily go to the main competitions that we have been to in the past, with only a couple of changes. CheerSport is among the options being considered. JamFest "Super-Nationals" is not likely, as we have not had good experiences with their brand's score system (and they were about the only competition that we have been to lately that did not release any information about how your category scores compared to others). Lots of folks have had better experiences with them, so I guess we would at least consider it though.

Back