All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

do you ever go into worlds with a day 2 back up plan?
We are always ready to change elements based on scoresheets, feedback from others, or what we see others do. We have changed routines many times, in fact. We have added skills, taken stuff out, rearranged formations, etc. I would expect most coaches for most Worlds teams have done it multiple times.

If you question references large senior at Worlds, then I think that whole situation has been oversimplified. Panthers day 1 performance of their routine was much stronger than their day 2. CEA was the reverse (which is obviously preferable.) That made much more difference to the scores than any specific choreography changes did directly, IMO. That is not in any way a knock on coaching ability - the whole idea is to get the team to peak at the exact right moment, and they did that better than we did in Worlds finals this past season. That is due in large part to great coaching.

what do you think of all these new competitions coming out lately, especially the recent varsity one? what makes these competitions appealing that makes cheer athletics commit to extremely new and unknown territory?

what do you think of all these new competitions coming out lately, especially the recent varsity one? what makes these competitions appealing that makes cheer athletics commit to extremely new and unknown territory?

I think that, for the most part, anyone can host whatever competition they want to. I think there is the potential there for some of the the newer competitions to provide some needed variety to our menu of event choices.

We aren't fond of the Summit mostly because it is in Orlando and it is incredibly late in the year.

We set our competition schedule based on the comps we think give us the most bang for the buck. (Both in terms of actual money and time/energy.) If we like it, we keep going. If we don't think it is a good value, then we quit going.

Is there anything in particular you instruct your athletes to do the night before a competition? Like stretching, eating anything in particular, sleep etc?

Is there anything in particular you instruct your athletes to do the night before a competition? Like stretching, eating anything in particular, sleep etc?

Nutrition/Stretching wise - I don't know of any single formula that works best for every single athlete and body type. I would normally encourage them to follow their normal nightly routine, except to make doubly sure they get enough rest.

Regarding behavior - Don't be stupid. Doing something that would potentially make you less than 100% the next day is childish, selfish, and a good way to become a former CA athlete. Competition weekends are first and foremost business trips, not vacations.

Can rec teams get in trouble for using allstar cheer music that has been already made to a specific team? I was at my competitions not long ago and a team/association i watched compete used an entire section from the cheer athletics panthers 2012 or 2013 mix (dont remember which year).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Can rec teams get in trouble for using allstar cheer music that has been already made to a specific team? I was at my competitions not long ago and a team/association i watched compete used an entire section from the cheer athletics panthers 2012 or 2013 mix (dont remember which year).

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

We aren't big fans of people doing that, but there really isn't anything legally we can do to stop it.

I have heard a lot about the name "cheer"leading and how it is not really a good match for the sport anymore considering we do not cheer anymore in routines. would your program be opposed to a change in the sports name? ( I know this is a crazy question but i have heard a lot from the new generation of cheerleaders on how they would want a name change.)

I have heard a lot about the name "cheer"leading and how it is not really a good match for the sport anymore considering we do not cheer anymore in routines. would your program be opposed to a change in the sports name? ( I know this is a crazy question but i have heard a lot from the new generation of cheerleaders on how they would want a name change.)
There are many people who have stated that the name "cheerleading" no longer fits all star. I can agree with that. However, I haven't heard any new name that works.

I think an apt comparison would be American Football (just football here in the states). The name is not very representative of the game as a whole and outside of the US is mostly referring to another sport (soccer for us). Yet we still call it football and thats how we think of it. I think the name cheerleading holds a lot of different styles and we are just Competitive Cheerleading. We are as much cheerleading as football is 'football'.

I think an apt comparison would be American Football (just football here in the states). The name is not very representative of the game as a whole and outside of the US is mostly referring to another sport (soccer for us). Yet we still call it football and thats how we think of it. I think the name cheerleading holds a lot of different styles and we are just Competitive Cheerleading. We are as much cheerleading as football is 'football'.
well said, i havent actually seen the acro tumbling sport but the name seems like it would fit more than "cheerleading" i think that in order for the sport to be taken more seriously by the public it should be renamed... just my opinion

Hi @BlueCat I'm hoping you might be able to help with a merch enquiry.

A friend of mine placed an order with the Cheer Athletics Pro Shop several months ago, and another order about one month later. She has not received either (we're based in Australia) and the first order was for approximately $400 of merch.

She's tried without luck to get an answer via email; the response is that there are no tracking numbers provided, and that they only have record of one order... however she has paid for two orders and has proof of payment/order details etc.

Can you tell me who the best person might be to talk about this? Obviously she's a little worried that neither of her packages will arrive. Thanks in advance! :)

Hi @BlueCat I'm hoping you might be able to help with a merch enquiry.

A friend of mine placed an order with the Cheer Athletics Pro Shop several months ago, and another order about one month later. She has not received either (we're based in Australia) and the first order was for approximately $400 of merch.

She's tried without luck to get an answer via email; the response is that there are no tracking numbers provided, and that they only have record of one order... however she has paid for two orders and has proof of payment/order details etc.

Can you tell me who the best person might be to talk about this? Obviously she's a little worried that neither of her packages will arrive. Thanks in advance! :)
Angela or Bette should be able to help you. ([email protected] & [email protected]). One of those will be able to help you and your friend. My apologies for the confusion.

They are essentially all-star program directors for the teams at their level. (Every level has enough athletes to qualify as a "large gym" under USASF guidelines). Each level now has someone whose job it is to specifically look after those teams and athletes. We are fortunate to have several extremely qualified and capable coaches and this gives several of them the chance to take on some extra responsibilities and demonstrate some of their leadership ability.

Back