All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

As programs get larger, more jobs like this will open up.
I realized I made it sound like I was hoping for a job, I meant in general, its good to see that programs (any of them) can get large enough to need a full staff of administrative people to help it run, as I'd be much more interested in an administrative role vs a coaching role, simply due to my lack of coaching experience-my teaching is all in dance. I believe that while it can be hard to be a small business going against a larger more seasoned business, as long as the small business can maintain its business plan and systems and are providing an honest, hard working program the small business can grow just like the larger one. Or so I would hope. If we didn't have competing gyms then what would be the point of competitions!

say 5 girls tryout at frisco with double fulls, would you make a 5 person team with them at frisco or send them to plano?

say 5 girls tryout at frisco with double fulls, would you make a 5 person team with them at frisco or send them to plano?
I'm sure they'd consider more than just the double full for placements. There are equally other important factors.

Especially because CA is known for their lack of tumbling. :p;)

We've already formed teams, so I'll take your question as a theoretical one and assume that we had no other L5-type athletes at all (which is unlikely) and ignore other skills and abilities. We would explore all options with them, including but not limited to: Seeing if they would like to be on a Plano team, seeing if some Plano athletes wanted to be on a Frisco team, crossing them over to another team, starting with those 5 and working hard to recruit enough to make a competitive small team, or have a supplemental tryout for more L5-type kids. Those options would be discussed with them and their parents before any decision was made.

(For reference, Plano and Frisco are an easy 20 minute-ish drive from each other.)

Do other coaches attend your camps to watch and observe? If so do they still pay as much as the athlete or how much would it cost?

Do other coaches attend your camps to watch and observe? If so do they still pay as much as the athlete or how much would it cost?
I'm not sure the answer to that. We have talked about having a "coach" curriculum going on simultaneous to the athlete camps, but I'm not sure what happened with that. Please email [email protected] and he can better answer that.

Back