All-Star Cheer Athletics (questions/rumors)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I should add to my earlier comment, you should NEVER EVER EVER get into a group of long-retired cheerleaders and start the cycle of:

"Dude I was beast!" *insert story about that time in Daytona*
"No you weren't."
"Now you're old, I bet you can't even stunt/tumble/hit your ____ anymore!"
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah!"
"I bet you can't!"
"I SO can!"

Next thing you know, I'm called in sick, one of us has pulled something and had to leave work early to have it checked out, and another one of us has to coach her gymnastics team sitting down.

The best part was as I texted from my sick bed the next morning, my other teammate was like "At least you hit it!" (I did! A little ratchet but I spun completely and in one piece. lol.)

Last edited:
I should add to my earlier comment, you should NEVER EVER EVER get into a group of long-retired cheerleaders and start the cycle of:

"No you weren't."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah!"
"I bet you can't!"
"I SO can!"

Next thing you know, I'm called in sick, one of us has pulled something and had to leave work early to have it check out, and another one of us has to coach her gymnastics team sitting down.

The best part was as I texted from my sick bed the next morning, my other teammate was like "At least you hit it!" (I did! A little ratchet but I spun completely and in one piece. lol.)

It ALWAYS starts with a story about that time in Daytona. Always.

"No you weren't."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah!"
"I bet you can't!"
"I SO can!"

Next thing you know, I'm called in sick, one of us has pulled something and had to leave work early to have it checked out, and another one of us has to coach her gymnastics team sitting down.

Reminds me of that one episode of Cheer Perfection in which one of the moms messed up her back trying to pull a scorpion lol. She was practicing for the parent routine.

Bluecat,may I ask what exactly a CA Icon is? Are they kids that are good in school,amazing cheerleaders,an all around amazing athlete? How do you pick who is an Icon and who isn't?

Bluecat,may I ask what exactly a CA Icon is? Are they kids that are good in school,amazing cheerleaders,an all around amazing athlete? How do you pick who is an Icon and who isn't?

Tagging @12stepCheermom because her kid is one :) (there's also a section on their website for it, which I read when it first was "announced." I think there's an application and an essay involved? I forget now)

Tagging @12stepCheermom because her kid is one :) (there's also a section on their website for it, which I read when it first was "announced." I think there's an application and an essay involved? I forget now)

@armycheermom

It was a blind application process (no names attached when they reviewed them) but it included academics, community service and leadership. It actually didn't have anything to do with their team or their skill level. They meet once a month on a conference call to talk about organization wide community service projects (they've done a food drive and toy drive so far) and how to connect the gyms from the different locations. They've talked about how to be ambassadors of sportsmanship and what ideas they have to do that and getting teams from different locations together to meet each other at places like nca, vegas etc.

Its basically all about being ambassadors, good citizens and leaders in the community and connecting (in an authentic way) athletes from different locations across the CA program. Charlotte (obviously) hasn't had occasion to be with any of the other locations yet but so far I've been very impressed with the support and encouragement on Twitter from the other locations. Frisco, Austin and Plano were all over our timelines for our first competition, and we sent video wishes for the blue debut. They swap coaches for the SuperCAmps and when Plano coaches are in town they're face timing Texas with our kids. Bluecat and Angela actually came to NC for our first competition (which was a local one) and our Charlotte kids definitely noticed and appreciated that.

I just said this yesterday at the ReignCat party but it's weird. I've never been to plano but I actually feel like an authentic part of that program even though we're 1,000 miles away. That's not anything I've experienced before (or expected) and I think the icons are set up to further solidify that.

@SheCheers cp is one too and can probably give you the plano perspective

@armycheermom

@SheCheers cp is one too and can probably give you the plano perspective

I would agree with everything 12step said about the application process/requirements.

Plano/Frisco has also done a food drive and toy drive. They've also participated in and promoted the Santa 5k charity run and adopted a couple of families in a women's shelter for Christmas. Today the Icons are getting together at the gym to wrap the gifts they've collected/donated for these families.

I know some of the future ideas are going to also include focusing on ways to promote all star cheer in the community. To help spread the word about what it's really about and how it's had such a positive influence on their lives.

@SheCheers @12stepCheermom
The program sounds amazing;it would be great to see something similar in gyms across the country! I think it's amazing to see CA leading the way not just in cheer and making amazing cheerleaders, but in making amazing people! Congraulations to both of your CP's for being chosen! :)
If any gym is interested in starting a similar program, we would be happy to share our info and experiences. We would love to see this type of thing spread throughout the industry.

Back