All-Star Cheer Camps/clinics?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Definitely don't want to stress anyone out. My girls were a solid 4. They had good level 4 tumbling with nice technique. I give that credit to their gymnastics background. They had 3 jumps to standing tucks, standing 1 backhandsrping to layout, whips to layouts, specialty running and standing passes to layouts. They also sort of had their running round off backhandsrping fulls, but not pretty or consistent. So, when they asked what level I said 4 thinking they would get to work on improving and learning new skills. They basically practiced their layouts over and over again. I was disappointed because the camp was expensive. They could have done that at an open gym. With that said they did have a lot of fun, but they definitely didn't learn or work on any new skills. If we ever get the chance to go back I would say the tumbling level they are working on not their current level.
My experience exactly! Just say the level they are working on and not the level they have and then you will be all set. Even if they just started working that level skill they will be fine. If your kid wants to work on BHS tell them level 2. If they want to work fulls say level 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was fun, they had games, and worked on a little bit of everything. The staff was very nice as well.

The only thing I would do different next time is the level you select for your kid.

I was advised of this before hand when I posted on Facebook we were going and I did not take the advice and use it.:/

I would tell them when asked at sign in the level for the basic skills your kid is working on and not the level for the skills your kid has.

For instance, my daughter is a strong level 4 tumbler.

She just got hell full before we came. I went in thinking I was just going to be honest.

At check in the girl who we sign in with asked what level she was. Instead of saying 5 or 4 I just told the truth.

She has all level 4 tumbling, she just got her full. She can do it by herself just fine but may want a spot the first 1 or 2 times. The girl said ok we will place her in 4 but if she throws her full the coaches will likely move her. I said ok that sounds great.

They start tumbling and I realized the majority of 4 girls were girls that barely can do a tuck, they couldn't even really execute a layout or specialty anything. They were so far away from level 4 the coaches the whole class tumbling time on day 1 only did tucks and layouts with some. My kid has a layout and has had it for a while I don't think that's what she should of been working on.

I'm watching the level 5 girls and there are girls with really good specialty 5 tumbling in there but then there were many girls getting spotted on fulls the whole time, not even connecting them to specialty passes but straight fulls. I was like obviously that's where my kid should be since everyone else knew to up their kids skill level to the one they were working on instead of being honest!!

I was hopeful on day 2 my kid could do her full, but they did straight layouts and tucks the whole time, so I got a private with one of the coaches though so she could actually perfect her full and do some specialty tumbling.
The coach was awesome in the private! He found out what tumbling she could do, and he was helping her fix her full and work on standing tumbling. He said wow I didn't know she pretty much had her full. I'm sorry I'll make sure I work with her tomorrow (the last day) on it. So the last day she finally got to work on it and I noticed one other girl started doing hers as well after she seen my kid do it.

So my only complaint is they are trusting kids and parents to determine their kids level. Now think of tryouts and all those parents that think their kids belong on higher levels... Well that's the levels they tell the CA people. The level 4 coaches realized this was a group with a bunch of kids who would not be on a level 4 team so they adjusted with them but the ones that had the skill no one ever took the time to find out so my kid was doing tumbling that she can do in the grass at the house.

I had no problem whatever level they put her on 4 or 5 but I wish they would of made sure the kids were the same and not lying!

Eta: I think before they assign them levels they should have everyone split up into groups and warm up their tumbling and have them throw the passes they have without spots and the coaches then assigned them to levels. That way at least it would of been consistent and she would of got more out of it instead of being held back. The coaches know what they are doing, I just don't think some of the parents and kids knew.

Hey! I am going to SuperCAmp Session 1 for the first time. Can you expand a little bit more on your experience and answer a few of my questions?

1) Do they do stunting? And do they pair you based off of your position? (Im usually a flyer but Im sure there will be smaller girls so I will probably have to base, but im fine with that)

2) Did your daughter get to meet any cheerlebrities like Jamie Andries or Carly Manning?

3) On the last day when they have that Blue Cat tryout or something, does everyone get to throw a pass or do they only select a few?

Hey! I am going to SuperCAmp Session 1 for the first time. Can you expand a little bit more on your experience and answer a few of my questions?

1) Do they do stunting? And do they pair you based off of your position? (Im usually a flyer but Im sure there will be smaller girls so I will probably have to base, but im fine with that)

2) Did your daughter get to meet any cheerlebrities like Jamie Andries or Carly Manning?

3) On the last day when they have that Blue Cat tryout or something, does everyone get to throw a pass or do they only select a few?

Yes they do stunting, I believe they gave them a chance to move stunt groups based off what the kids felt comfortable doing.

My daughter was in the level 4 block during sign ups which basically goes off tumbling could of easily been to 5 since the kids in there weren't true level 4s. I come back from lunch and my kid was point flyer in the lowest level group haha. I asked how she ended up there she said they said if you can do level X flying go here and so on. My kid said she just moved over to the level 2 basic group doing libs in a prep because she wanted to and didn't want to fly on all these new girls that don't know how to base and her doing upper level skills.

Basically every girl at the camp swears they are flyers so only the little kids got to fly. And parents whined and complained because well their suzie is a flyer... And when they complained they made sure to point out that's why there are so many kids falling out of stunts because their suzie is a flyer and not a base and should not be basing. They tried to accommodate a few girls but having like a group of guy coaches base them but really have way to many flyers!

I think Jamie was there idk about others but she like worked with the lower level kids ... They had a meet and greet at the end and my daughter only wanted to meet the guys that aren't even famous lol but I believe that was the "cheerleb" that had the most pics and autographs attraction so you had to wait if you wanted to meet her!

Sorry if I'm not much help.

Yes they do stunting, I believe they gave them a chance to move stunt groups based off what the kids felt comfortable doing.

My daughter was in the level 4 block during sign ups which basically goes off tumbling could of easily been to 5 since the kids in there weren't true level 4s. I come back from lunch and my kid was point flyer in the lowest level group haha. I asked how she ended up there she said they said if you can do level X flying go here and so on. My kid said she just moved over to the level 2 basic group doing libs in a prep because she wanted to and didn't want to fly on all these new girls that don't know how to base and her doing upper level skills.

Basically every girl at the camp swears they are flyers so only the little kids got to fly. And parents whined and complained because well their suzie is a flyer... And when they complained they made sure to point out that's why there are so many kids falling out of stunts because their suzie is a flyer and not a base and should not be basing. They tried to accommodate a few girls but having like a group of guy coaches base them but really have way to many flyers!

I think Jamie was there idk about others but she like worked with the lower level kids ... They had a meet and greet at the end and my daughter only wanted to meet the guys that aren't even famous lol but I believe that was the "cheerleb" that had the most pics and autographs attraction so you had to wait if you wanted to meet her!

Sorry if I'm not much help.

So if you are a level 5 tumbler but a level 2 stunter then they let you move around? That's good because I only stunt at a high school cheer team level lol.

So what about the Blue Cat tryout? Did your daughter tryout for that?

So if you are a level 5 tumbler but a level 2 stunter then they let you move around? That's good because I only stunt at a high school cheer team level lol.

So what about the Blue Cat tryout? Did your daughter tryout for that?
Yeah I'm sure they will let you move if that's the case..
And because she had her layout and standing back she learned the blue cts thing but she had no chance of winning anything so I told her not to embarrass herself lol

Anyone who wants to go for it can. They have top cat jumps and tumbling (usually by age group: youth, jr and sr) and then the Blue Cat award which is based off of a short routine they learn.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Wondering how many others are interested in this camp based on meeting cheerlebs and not only because of the excellent instruction?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android I promise I'm not really a hat
It feels like Woodward is having the same issues, but they are the ones promoting the "guests" of the week. I was very happy to find out that the guest for week 9 when cp is going is actually now not coming until week 10. It caused a lot of distraction last summer, and while it was not the athlete's fault by any means and as per cp she was a very sweet kid, I'd rather cp spend the week working on her skills without many random campers hanging out in and around the gym during the tumbling sessions just because the cheerleb was there. It was also pretty embarassing to see cheer moms encourage their cps to stalk and get an autograph from this athlete on the morning I checked cp in. The athlete in mention definitely seemed overwhelmed by it all and she wound up leaving the camp early before the end of the week not only because she was not feeling great but because someone had stolen one of her shirts (as per cp).

It feels like Woodward is having the same issues, but they are the ones promoting the "guests" of the week. I was very happy to find out that the guest for week 9 when cp is going is actually now not coming until week 10. It caused a lot of distraction last summer, and while it was not the athlete's fault by any means and as per cp she was a very sweet kid, I'd rather cp spend the week working on her skills without many random campers hanging out in and around the gym during the tumbling sessions just because the cheerleb was there. It was also pretty embarassing to see cheer moms encourage their cps to stalk and get an autograph from this athlete on the morning I checked cp in. The athlete in mention definitely seemed overwhelmed by it all and she wound up leaving the camp early before the end of the week not only because she was not feeling great but because someone had stolen one of her shirts (as per cp).

this worries me. i also don't totally get why it's necessary, as woodward was and is always successful every summer. they don't need the added draw of a cheerleb. i'd like to say the promoted kids aren't celebrities and are just regular kids and should be treated as such... but in this setting it could actually be dangerous. like how do you know there isn't some swimfan in their cabin with them? next we're going to hear about someone chopping their ponytail off while they're sleeping. i don't like it.

this worries me. i also don't totally get why it's necessary, as woodward was and is always successful every summer. they don't need the added draw of a cheerleb. i'd like to say the promoted kids aren't celebrities and are just regular kids and should be treated as such... but in this setting it could actually be dangerous. like how do you know there isn't some swimfan in their cabin with them? next we're going to hear about someone chopping their ponytail off while they're sleeping. i don't like it.
I agree completely. A very fine line has been created with this situation; if someone has no issue with stealing her belongings what other boundary will they have no problem crossing? I'd rather see Woodward stop this completely but if they want to continue promoting their special guests then have someone come in for a day or so rather than the entire week. I am very happy though that the week has been changed and I wonder how many kids are now trying to switch their week.

Yeah anyone going to Supercamp for cheerlebrities will be extremely disappointed. I think maybe Matt Smith will be there because he is a coach now but there are no "Meet & Greets" or anything like that. If one is there for camp he or she is there to work.

Edit: Color me surprised...I didn't read previous posts and I guess they did do a M&G. Usually they are so against that.

Yeah anyone going to Supercamp for cheerlebrities will be extremely disappointed. I think maybe Matt Smith will be there because he is a coach now but there are no "Meet & Greets" or anything like that. If one is there for camp he or she is there to work.

Edit: Color me surprised...I didn't read previous posts and I guess they did do a M&G. Usually they are so against that.
Basically I think they either ended camp an hour early or had an hour after camp but they just said you can walk around take pics with the camp coaches. Which pretty much meant the regular coaches had a few people come up to them like ones they specifically worked with them during camp and then everyone else in the camp basically fangirled so the cheerlebrity would sign their bows/shoes/ and numerous other things lol.

Back