All-Star Cheer "coach" Sends Nude Photos To Teen

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

He thought it was alright to do it because she told him she was already smoking and drinking, wow... I'm glad that gym is going to do background checks now.

thats so disturbing.. makes me feel sick.. i look up to my coaches, i respect them, and i cant even imagine having this happen in our gym.. very unfortunate for the gym owners!

What i think is weird about the story is the fact that the girl says she thought practises would be weird if she DIDN'T send him nude fotos :confused: I would consider it the other way round...
Don't get me wrong i'm ot trying to find an excuse for the guy, not at all, i think its creepy and disgusting and not at all the acceptable, but some Teenagers these days tend to behave very inappropriate aswell. I've seen stuff on Facebook, oh Lord :banghead:
Anyways, lets hope he learned his lesson

beautyy4cheerr said:
at Northeast Tropics All Stars in Connecticut

it wasn't the owners fault or anything though just the sick man's.

... thoughts?

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Cops-Coach-sent-nude-photos-to-teen-2405278.php

The owner should have run a background check. Probably wouldn't have prevented this situation if he has no record but it makes her look incompetent. If you own a club for kids then you do background checks on everyone working within those walls.

Ok off my soap box. Love his excuse much? "Yea I thought she was older bc she smoked and drank and teenagers in my family dont do that until they are of age". Riiiigghht.

Couple things about this:

1. Again, parents, be nosy. Please, please be nosy. If your kid freaks about it, it's likely they're doing something they hve no business doing.
2. Background checks are great, but here, I know of no such "Impairing the morals of a minor" laws.
3. That's a fabulous law and I'm definitely doing some research about it now. That's the type of thing that would save a lot of girls from creepy coaches.

When is it ever alright to send nude photos to anyone regardless of their age. This guy is sick and he needs some impatient therapy at a local pych ward. He had to know how old she was since he was her coach, and besides that flirting or being in a relationship with a cheerleader when your her coach is gross. Let's hope this guy never gets close to another young girl again.

I'm glad this guy was caught, but I don't think there was much that could have been done to 'prevent' him from sending or interacting unless he had a previous record.

Reading a bit about the law I think the reason they could charge him is they had photo evidence. What it wouldn't allow is things said at practice or in private to be brought up in charges unless it was recorded and their was documented proof.

http://law.justia.com/codes/connecticut/2005/title53/sec53-21.html

I'm glad this guy was caught, but I don't think there was much that could have been done to 'prevent' him from sending or interacting unless he had a previous record.

Reading a bit about the law I think the reason they could charge him is they had photo evidence. What it wouldn't allow is things said at practice or in private to be brought up in charges unless it was recorded and their was documented proof.

http://law.justia.com/codes/connecticut/2005/title53/sec53-21.html

There was a case like this up in Northern California and a gymnastics gym that also had an allstar program in it. The mother found the photos ( from a coach ) in emails and text messages and pressed charges for that and some other things that happened as well. Even though the other things were not captured in a picture or email this man/boy was still found guilty.

It is disgusting how people can assume that making a sexual advance on a child is something normal, what makes me even more sad is the fact the owner of the gym supported the coach and paid for his defense, she is still in business to this day. Disgusting.

There was a case like this up in Northern California and a gymnastics gym that also had an allstar program in it. The mother found the photos ( from a coach ) in emails and text messages and pressed charges for that and some other things that happened as well. Even though the other things were not captured in a picture or email this man/boy was still found guilty.

It is disgusting how people can assume that making a sexual advance on a child is something normal, what makes me even more sad is the fact the owner of the gym supported the coach and paid for his defense, she is still in business to this day. Disgusting.

Not knowing the facts of the case I can't comment too much. Unpopular actions looked at without context can seem downright crazy!

We have a gym rule at Stingrays that says there is no dating/that type of interaction with athletes ever by employees. You are fired pretty much on the spot so the idea of that coaches defense (unless the owner truly believed the coach was framed and didn't do anything) is rather absurd.

Not knowing the facts of the case I can't comment too much. Unpopular actions looked at without context can seem downright crazy!

We have a gym rule at Stingrays that says there is no dating/that type of interaction with athletes ever by employees. You are fired pretty much on the spot so the idea of that coaches defense (unless the owner truly believed the coach was framed and didn't do anything) is rather absurd.

I totally agree with that rule. Though it is not against the law for coaches to date parents of kids in the gym I am also against that as well. Again I consider myself a conservative cheer republican lol. :p

This is terrible. I wish that there was a place where we could get a list of all cheer/tumbling people who have been arrested/convicted of this stuff. It would keep them from floating around gym to gym. I guess the moral of the story is to be nosy like mamarazzi said. Personally, I google every person who comes in contact with my kid. I check their facebooks etc. it's not foolproof because the worst predictors are the ones who are smart/manipulative enough to never get caught!

This is terrible. I wish that there was a place where we could get a list of all cheer/tumbling people who have been arrested/convicted of this stuff. It would keep them from floating around gym to gym. I guess the moral of the story is to be nosy like mamarazzi said. Personally, I google every person who comes in contact with my kid. I check their facebooks etc. it's not foolproof because the worst predictors are the ones who are smart/manipulative enough to never get caught!

There has been attempted to be a blacklist of coaches on here, but for OBVIOUS reasons we cannot maintain one.

Back