All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What are your views on Jay videoing during practice & compeitions? Does it ever affect the girls and lose their focus? What was maddie's highlight stunt in Jay's 'Cheer Extreme Erica Christmas 2010' video? Any do you have any desire to push that envelope of maddie davis and erica's stunt as well?

We love it and are greatly appreciative. We're planning on pushing the envelope with all stunt groups equally.

how does sharity make it work, flying to practice every week? also, (and i dont mean this in a bad way at all) but what is special about her that made you decide "yes, we are willing to allow this girl fly 600 miles a week to be on this team"?

and with that... how did she do it during worlds practices?!

I prefer not at all if that is an option. This is the saddest thing ever...feels like your heart is getting ripped from the inside. I would say in person. It takes guts.

On the autobiography.. Not so much... But I do want to write a book someday

how does sharity make it work, flying to practice every week? also, (and i dont mean this in a bad way at all) but what is special about her that made you decide "yes, we are willing to allow this girl fly 600 miles a week to be on this team"?

Sharity stayed with a great host family and had caught up in school to the point that she didn't have to be in Florida every school day. I'd say her tumbling speaks for that, plus she loves it enough to make the commitment.

how do you unwind after a stressfull coaching day, one of those days that nothing seems to go right (IF you have those:p)?
I must confess I'm a facebook stalker.. It's just so entertaining :)
I have a hard time turning off my brain and settling down after practice... That's why i'm up so late most nights.
Do you also go emotional or crazy when someone hits a stunt/tumblepass for the first time? or when a team did extremely well at competition? I do.. I once almost broke Sarah's nose in the audience... Those are the moments that make it all worth it.

Any advice for a young starting coach? how to keep motivated to keep going on while you need to overcome many struggles/disapointments?

The struggles and disappointments never go away, no matter how successful you are there are always new limits and new definitions of success. The "there" we're trying to get to so desperately doesn't exist. Embrace the here and now and make decisions with integrity no matter what the temporary cost. Parents love people who adore their kids and make them feel special. Google "do it anyway" by Mother Teresa... I doubt she's talking about cheer gym owners.. But there are never truer words to live by.

oh and another thing, I was walking by at worlds and I saw this going on. I thought it was adorable and that I had to record it. I love when they sing "I'm the worlds greatest"

No worries, I get it. There will be more tortured souls than ever this season on the "prisoners" of youth elite. We're gonna prove a few points to that end. The only nourishment I could supply are White Cheddar Cheez-It's and lots of diet coke

I wish we had a youth 5!!! My daughter would love it!! I am not sure what they are going to do this season. She is 9 and has a double(sometimes), tricks to a full, jumps to a tuck. Youth 5 would be a perfect team for her!

Would you allow a kid from another gym to come to a stunt camp? My daughter is mezmerized by all of your flyers and would love to come to one. We live in Va and she cheers for Fame!

Do It Anyway Mother Teresa

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.
-this version is credited to Mother Teresa

The struggles and disappointments never go away, no matter how successful you are there are always new limits and new definitions of success. The "there" we're trying to get to so desperately doesn't exist. Embrace the here and now and make decisions with integrity no matter what the temporary cost. Parents love people who adore their kids and make them feel special. Google "do it anyway" by Mother Teresa... I doubt she's talking about cheer gym owners.. But there are never truer words to live by.
Are you speaking to me? Because I swear I feel you... and right now. While our tiny gym struggles to hang on and in there. I feel sometimes like every step forward we take, we take a step back in response. The Mother Theresa words to live by hang on a beautiful plaque in the living room of my home and was given to me by my daughter who is also the co-owner of our gym. This thread gives me hope....

I cheered with Sharity years ago. She lived in Orlando then and drove to Jacksonville 2-3 times a week for practices at American Allstars. Like @Ceacoach said, her tumbling definitely speaks for itself. She is an awesome all around cheerleader, but her tumbling is amazing!

I wish we had a youth 5!!! My daughter would love it!! I am not sure what they are going to do this season. She is 9 and has a double(sometimes), tricks to a full, jumps to a tuck. Youth 5 would be a perfect team for her!

Would you allow a kid from another gym to come to a stunt camp? My daughter is mezmerized by all of your flyers and would love to come to one. We live in Va and she cheers for Fame!

If you do come, You would have to bring a shirt to trade with my little one :) Madison is a HUGE Chelsea Clark fan from super seniors. :)

Sharity stayed with a great host family and had caught up in school to the point that she didn't have to be in Florida every school day. I'd say her tumbling speaks for that, plus she loves it enough to make the commitment.
i just watched videos.... WOW!... just wow.

Back