All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jaydah is 9 so that will be easy!!! Maybe if we are able to come I will try to get Chelsea to come with us!! Jaydah looks up to her and is trying to get her pass!!! Hope to meet you all!

What career would you have chosen if you hadn't gone into cheerleading? If I remember correctly you studied biology at Wake Forest-- very impressive degree (not that what you're doing isn't impressive!) but I think it shows how much heart and dedication that despite that investment, you chose to follow your heart with cheerleading! Hats off.

I think in theory this is truly the answer...however any coach that has ever lost an athlete to another gym knows this isn't something anyone would willing put themselves through. It hurts too much.

i don't know if anyone responded to this, just saw your response in my alerts...
i understand that, but what if it came down to saying, either we buy you out and you lose your program as a whole or we work together?
at least that program would be able to keep their athletes, and i would imagine that they would get a lot of athletes that are aiming towards eventually being that star senior 5 athlete.
correct me if i'm wrong, but i think a lot of gymnastics programs work that way. very few gyms across the nation offer elite training (or maybe even level 10) and once an athlete gets to that caliber, they sit down with their coach to discuss where to continue training.

consider it "sister gym" type training.

Is Sharity the girl who cheered with Epic last year at Worlds?
yes if you watch any routine from 09-10 other then worlds their are 3 people that do 2 to whip doubles an she is the on in the middle right before running tumbling...shes fierce

How many times a week did senior elite practice during a normal season?
What was your favorite competion, outside of worlds?
How do u feel about the girls getting pictures and competions?
Do ever feel like u have to b 10x better than the year before and not just as a team and a routine,but as a coach??

How many times a week did senior elite practice during a normal season?
What was your favorite competion, outside of worlds?
How do u feel about the girls getting pictures and competions?
Do ever feel like u have to b 10x better than the year before and not just as a team and a routine,but as a coach??

They practice every Sunday and starting in the fall every other Wednesday.
Favorite event is a tough one..our traditional trips all have their highlights.
I think its great...though I wish all of them got recognized.
I believe the notion of improving upon ourselves is present in everything we do...if you're not moving faster you're slowing down...there is no standing still in life or cheerleading. There is a lot of pressure that comes from being scrutinized...I can totally understand the path of the fallen Hollywood star....one minute you're everyone's darling...the next you're barely meeting standards..and the very next they write you off. The trick is to put more emphasis on your personal best. I know at Worlds all of our teams left nothing unturned in preparation...what would happen would be up to destiny but not due to lack of practice. That's the best you can ask for ( other than a little good luck ). I'm looking forward to a season where the pressure is off a little so we can relax and as Maddie says in her article this month...go back to playing "defense"...what we do best.

I love how it is semi-late in Arizona and really late in N. Carolina but I can always count on at least one CEAcoach response before bed. CEAcoach how are you so successful on such little sleep? You need to coach seminars on this!!. haha. Last thing on my mind before bed, CEA. First thing when I wake up, CEA. CEA please form a sister gym in AZ!!!!! :p

As a coach who puts so much heart into your teams, how do you handle it when you recognize amazing potential in an athlete but her self-doubt and lack of confidence keeps her from being the best she can? Both for tumbling and stunting?

Does Sr. Elite practices start getting more difficult when your team gets ready to go to UCA, NCA, Cheersport, JamFest Nationals, and WORLDS? If so, how does it change?

CEACoach you don't need to respond to this haha. But I saw Edith is on the SSX roster?! She isn't with SE anymore? ):

Back