All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Gosh, I love you Courtney and I'm sure you know this by now! lol :)

My questions is... What is the BIGGEST regret you have since you first started coaching? Once that one thing you wish you would've never done since opening CEA?! A*

Did you start cheer extreme alone? Do you have any tips/advice for new gym owners or those aspiring to own one some day? Do you coach all the level 5 teams as well as any 1-4 levels? Cheer extreme is a huge inspiration for me :)

What is the best way to contact you? I can't phone as I live in the UK, but I haven't received a reply over email. Thank you for opening up CEA to the rest of the world. :)

I am steadily working through about 1000 emails right now sifting for questions on tryouts. I will asap.

I could just tell you this in person, but IDK when I'll see you next, so I'll just do it on here.....
this is not a question and some other people have already told you how amazing you are, but no one has thanked you yet.
Thank you for having a dream, for believing in yourself, for believing in your family, for believing in your athletes, for succeeding from the heart. Thank you for never sleeping because you're so cheer obsessed, for devoting your life to your passion, for being honest about the kids and your business. Thank you for being an inspiration to so many.

You will never quite understand just how much I needed to hear that at this exact moment. Thank you so very much for your kind words. Please let me know if there is every anything I can do for you.

I could just tell you this in person, but IDK when I'll see you next, so I'll just do it on here.....
this is not a question and some other people have already told you how amazing you are, but no one has thanked you yet.
Thank you for having a dream, for believing in yourself, for believing in your family, for believing in your athletes, for succeeding from the heart. Thank you for never sleeping because you're so cheer obsessed, for devoting your life to your passion, for being honest about the kids and your business. Thank you for being an inspiration to so many.
...Just realized who this was ...I'll be seeing A LOT of you this season if I'm lucky

My 10 year daughter (Corinne) is OBSESSED with the rumors of a ball-up 720 and the addition of other ball-up 360s in the routine. Is this something we can expect to see in the upcoming season?

BTW, Corinne (and me) has come down from NJ to watch Senior Elite so many time in the past 6 months I would completely understand if you felt it necessary to charge her tuition! Seriously though I can't thank you, the parents and the cheerleaders enough for all the kindness, love and inspiration they have given my daughter!

We're gonna come back swinging especially in light of recent events. I can' t wait to take some risks and try all the new pyramid ideas the new rules allow.

1. Would you ever consider expanding Cheer Extreme further south? If I'm correct, right now your locations are primarily in NC then VA. Any hopes or expectations to expand anywhere in SC or even further up North for that matter? What is the geographic strategy in choosing locations to expand to?

2. Having multiple gyms, how much of your time do you spend traveling to other gyms to help out with their team practices?

We have always talked about moving a little more South with so many customers having such a long drive to Kernersville. It is something we consider more and more every day. Strategically it is to build spokes around the wheel that surrounds Kernersville. Raleigh got to be its own entity with its own surrounding "spokes" in just a few seasons. I could see that also happening again in the future.

I go where I am most needed each day whatever gym that turns out to be.

Oh we've seen them...Kenley is terrified of mascots...I've actually had a few conversations with the zebra himself asking him to try not to make my daughter cry ... I think we've out grown those days.

Haha it's so funny you said that because I have a little sister who is 7 now, but at the time was around 2 or 3 and she was terrified of the mascot.

say you had someone tryout for SE and they were a beast stunter and fierce dancer and such but didn't have any level 5 tumbling, would you still consider them to be on the team? just wondering

What are your views on Jay videoing during practice & compeitions? Does it ever affect the girls and lose their focus? What was maddie's highlight stunt in Jay's 'Cheer Extreme Erica Christmas 2010' video? Any do you have any desire to push that envelope of maddie davis and erica's stunt as well?

Gosh, I love you Courtney and I'm sure you know this by now! lol :)

My questions is... What is the BIGGEST regret you have since you first started coaching? Once that one thing you wish you would've never done since opening CEA?! A*

What a profound question. I wish the Kernersville gym had two full floors. I wish my mom and my sister got more of the credit for all they do. I wish I had spent a little more time at home with Kenley when she was first born. I wish I could let go of people who have come in and out of our doors that I seem to care about more than is reciprocated. I wish I had kept a scrapbook every single season, and had taken more pictures and video in our very first really scary years.

Back