All-Star Cheer Extreme Questions And Answers From Courtney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just wanted to say thank you for everything. You do not know me, yet you have made SUCH an impact on my life and im only 13. sometimes after a long cheer practice all I can think about is how its tough and I want to quit. when these thoughts enter my mind I think about you and sr. elite, and I remember that you guys did not get where you are without hard work and dedication. For my 16th birthday Im asking to come cheer on cheer extreme (sr. elite if im good enough by then) But I doubt that would happen. Anyway you are so fantastic, and thank you so much!

As a coach who puts so much heart into your teams, how do you handle it when you recognize amazing potential in an athlete but her self-doubt and lack of confidence keeps her from being the best she can? Both for tumbling and stunting?

My first thought would be to cross her over to a team where she shines...so that her confidence builds and she is mentally ready to contribute to the team that most challenges her ability.

I just wanted to say thank you for everything. You do not know me, yet you have made SUCH an impact on my life and im only 13. sometimes after a long cheer practice all I can think about is how its tough and I want to quit. when these thoughts enter my mind I think about you and sr. elite, and I remember that you guys did not get where you are without hard work and dedication. For my 16th birthday Im asking to come cheer on cheer extreme (sr. elite if im good enough by then) But I doubt that would happen. Anyway you are so fantastic, and thank you so much!

Keep working and believing in yourself..introduce yourself sometime...and we love visitors..

I would imagine all athletes in this sport are that way...it takes a strong athlete mentally, physically, and emotionally to endure what we all do for 365 days and risk it all in 2 minutes and 30 seconds at the end. In a way, I think it trains our kids for life...interviews are no different for the dream job they all want. We all train for that one big shot. For CEA specifically, I hope the kids know how much their coaches believe in them inside and outside of the gym and want for them to succeed. I think they know when they look across the mat in the eye of every team mate there is the same drive and determination to give everything possible for the good of the group. I just love being a part of the magic of being a kid again...watching their dreams develop keeps me young at heart and reminds me of the things that are most precious in this life... love, hope, and trust.

CEAcoach is being modest. Our kids work so hard because she works so hard. They see her drive and determination, they love her so much that they strive to meet her standard of excellence. It's not just the L5's either. These kids want to perform a routine that they AND their coaches, can be proud of and are willing to go the extra mile to do it. They have the most incredible work ethic. The longer they're around our coaches, the more dedicated they seem to become. The culture of any organization comes from its leader. Courtney sets the standard.

CEAcoach is being modest. Our kids work so hard because she works so hard. They see her drive and determination, they love her so much that they strive to meet her standard of excellence. It's not just the L5's either. These kids want to perform a routine that they AND their coaches, can be proud of and are willing to go the extra mile to do it. They have the most incredible work ethic. The longer they're around our coaches, the more dedicated they seem to become. The culture of any organization comes from its leader. Courtney sets the standard.

Lovely<3

Someone posted K'ville's teams in another thread.
Tiny 1
Small mini 2
Large mini 3
Youth 5
Large junior 3
Large junior all girl 5
Large senior 2
Large senior coed 4
Medium coed 5
Medium all girl 5
Large coed 5
Large senior all girl 5

I was wondering how this location has just as many level 5 teams as level 1-4 teams. Most gyms with strong level 5 teams have a lot of lower level teams. Is it just that the level 5s travel to this location for a team and the lower level athletes stay at the other gyms until it is time to move up? It just seems that with a lack of lower levels it would be hard to produce the same amount of level 5 athletes in the future than you currently do.

I have a bunch of questions. Sorry if they have already been asked.

1) From what I've heard, the dance killed you guys at Worlds. Will you be focusing extra hard on the dance this year?
2) Everyone knows that CEA is the tick tock capital of America. In your stunts, will you be focusing on more aspects instead of just the tick tocks?
3) Will you be altering the highlight stunt (i.e giving all of the stunts 360 ball ups)
4) Will the order of events in the routine change for SE?

Back