All-Star Cheer: Full Out!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question: Cheersport is a Varsity event, correct? Do they follow all the same guidelines as NCA?

I only ask because in the video, it was 8 seconds between 'first choreographed move' and when the music started. Based on that whole NCA debacle, shouldn't they also have been penalized as well? Why does it only count on the back end, and not the front?

Question: Cheersport is a Varsity event, correct? Do they follow all the same guidelines as NCA?

I only ask because in the video, it was 8 seconds between 'first choreographed move' and when the music started. Based on that whole NCA debacle, shouldn't they also have been penalized as well? Why does it only count on the back end, and not the front?
NCA is only at the ending, time starts when music starts, I think Cheersport is the same since they are Varsity. Not sure of the reasoning, but that's what the rules say.

It should be noted that SE wasn't deducted at Cheersport---not really sure why, my guess is they had a different interpretation of the rules.

NCA is only at the ending, time starts when music starts, I think Cheersport is the same since they are Varsity. Not sure of the reasoning, but that's what the rules say.
I could swear some rules (might not have been NCA) said 'first choreographed movement.' Maybe they took it out because it's not like anyone was enforcing that anyway.
It should be noted that SE wasn't deducted at Cheersport---not really sure why, my guess is they had a different interpretation of the rules.
Which is why I'm confused- they're both run by the same company, and while they don't have the EXACT same set of rules (when it comes to things like crossovers), you would think all companies would agree on the basics.

I could swear some rules (might not have been NCA) said 'first choreographed movement.' Maybe they took it out because it's not like anyone was enforcing that anyway.

Which is why I'm confused- they're both run by the same company, and while they don't have the EXACT same set of rules (when it comes to things like crossovers), you would think all companies would agree on the basics.
Yea, I have no idea why they weren't deducted at Cheersport for the ending.

I'm not sure, tbh, but to play DA for just one second---Blink posted 0 deductions on Day 2. Just from what I watched, to the untrained non-judge eye, I spotted 3 bobbles with one resulting in a kinda looked like body position lost for a split second. Not saying Cheersport judges were sleeping on the job, but they may not have been as picky as the ones on the panel at NCA.

I'm not sure, tbh, but to play DA for just one second---Blink posted 0 deductions on Day 2. Just from what I watched, to the untrained non-judge eye, I spotted 3 bobbles with one resulting in a kinda looked like body position lost for a split second. Not saying Cheersport judges were sleeping on the job, but they may not have been as picky as the ones on the panel at NCA.

I'm pretty sure I saw an incomplete rotation on the standing tumbling at the beginning of the routine as well. Hard to tell though becasue the video changes angles at the same time.

The bobbles that I noticed (like Macy's attempt at a full around and then they brough it back), it wasn't a super big save, so they might have just taken it out of the technique score. I hate how some judges would count that as a bobble and others look for it to drop a level (extended to prep, etc.)

Ok I'm way behind here so forgive me for a moment while I say..

Yes! Way to go SkitzTV for featuring the beautiful, talented, and hard working Sam Borella! She is a super athlete from a great cheer family and is a wonderful roll model! SkitzTV is putting the right people on this show!:cheering:

Back