All-Star Cheer Gym In Nyc?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thanks guys! I knew about the gymnastics at Chelsea Pier and I've also seen Aviator but I was just hoping there was a program I haven't heard of. . .

I've seen Aviator before. I think they had up to level 3 teams? Correct me if I'm wrong. Someone needs to start a killer gym in NYC soon.

I've ben thinking giant pretzels would look better than bows … and also great for snacking when we get off the mat :D
As long as the uniform tops are tube-tops and look like bagels..I won't argue. Or even the skirts can look like bagels, I'm not fussy.

How about New York Cheer? Do they have level 5 teams? and do they go to worlds?
It must be hard to raise up the interest of cheerleading in nyc...
new york cheer is in deer park on long island they do have a level 5 team and they did go to worlds this year and in 09.... it is kinda far from the city and their gym isnt too far from the deer park train station but by foot it would prob take 15 minutes or so

Thanks guys! I knew about the gymnastics at Chelsea Pier and I've also seen Aviator but I was just hoping there was a program I haven't heard of. . .
Chelsea Piers was interested in starting an all star program a few years back. I did not see anything come to fruition.
@kristenthegreat Let me know if you get a program started up. I'm in the city and can help.

Does anyone know of any Cheer programs in Manhattan? I've looked but the closest I could find is Brooklyn. . .

Harlem All Stars has a Senior 1....

Best bet is to take a train or drive to NJ... Rams in Hackensack is right over the George Washington Bridge, Liberty All Stars in Jersey City is right over the Holland Tunnel, then probably the next closest is Premier in Newark, CJA in Kenilworth

Cheer New York is like a hybrid of cheer and LGBT equality support. They mostly do parades and various other such events, plus you have to be 21+..

NYU finally got a college comp cheer program..as for Pace (where I went), all of the sports are at the Westchester campus. I'm not even sure if the other schools have sports or not. Personally, I think it's a shame. It'd be a great way to get kids off the streets and doing something active, plus there are plenty of big-enough facilities. Just need the start up cash. As well as interest..

I can remember competing against them at NCA in the earlier 2000's... they've always been "competitive," in the sense that they go to competitions.... just not actually very competitive lol... I don't think I ever saw them make it to day 2. Truth be told, after I saw them there, I was really hoping to coach them one day haha

Me and @Edie have a beautiful plan for a gym..all I need is a magical cloud that rains gold around me and I'll be good to go :D

I was a part of an attempt to start NYC Extreme All Stars, out of Manhattan... it was back in 2003/2004. We had tryouts with about 30 kids, but couldn't get into a facility on time, so it never got off the ground. We were supposed to be in Asphalt Green (upper east side), which was still being built or had just opened up, if I remember correctly... they have gymnastics there and everything, it's a huge place. hat'd probably be your best bet. :)

Harlem All Stars has a Senior 1....

Best bet is to take a train or drive to NJ... Rams in Hackensack is right over the George Washington Bridge, Liberty All Stars in Jersey City is right over the Holland Tunnel, then probably the next closest is Premier in Newark, CJA in Kenilworth
I was gonna mention Harlem All Stars, but without having a website, and the last info about them coming from 2009 (that I could find), I wasn't sure if they were still around. AFAIK, Jersey City isn't too hard to navigate without a car, but I could be wrong. Didn't know about them!

I can remember competing against them at NCA in the earlier 2000's... they've always been "competitive," in the sense that they go to competitions.... just not actually very competitive lol... I don't think I ever saw them make it to day 2. Truth be told, after I saw them there, I was really hoping to coach them one day haha
I think they finally made it to day 2 this year, in intermediate? They've come so far lol

I was a part of an attempt to start NYC Extreme All Stars, out of Manhattan... it was back in 2003/2004. We had tryouts with about 30 kids, but couldn't get into a facility on time, so it never got off the ground. We were supposed to be in Asphalt Green (upper east side), which was still being built or had just opened up, if I remember correctly... they have gymnastics there and everything, it's a huge place. hat'd probably be your best bet. :)
When I have the money/the time and I decide my acting career just isn't going to work out, I will keep that in mind and go get this party started :D CLEARLY we all want it, it's a matter of getting the people of NYC pumped..

I dont think a cheer gym in NYC will be happening. If it does, the monthly tuition would be ridiculous. If you are able to pay them, it would just make sense to take the train to jersey.

I think almost every program within 45 minutes of NYC is easily accessible by train. Plus if you are looking for something specific in terms of teams, you may be able to find someone that commutes.

I know last year on World Cup Lazers, we had a guy who took the train every practice from NYC. The train station is about 2 miles from the gym, and someone was able to pick him up.

If an allstar gym isnt going to happen anytime soon itd be kinda of fun to start our own little thing, like a stunt group, and we could just go and stunt in central park just for fun and workout/tumble/condition...idk itd be something fun for all of us cheerleaders to do! i move there in a few weeks and im looking to stunt and tumble. Im also considering taking the train to jersey if anyone would be intrested?!

Me and @Edie have a beautiful plan for a gym..all I need is a magical cloud that rains gold around me and I'll be good to go :D

This is so off topic so I apologize but I noticed you tagged Edie with her first name...and that worked?
BowCat did you get an alert? Lol sorry, that just struck me as odd!

This is so off topic so I apologize but I noticed you tagged Edie with her first name...and that worked?
BowCat did you get an alert? Lol sorry, that just struck me as odd!
I was Edie for about a little over a month before I became the Bowcat you all know and adore ;)

Back