All-Star Cheer Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

She was nervous because it was a tryout and she never did the skill before but instead of teaching her they thru her out of the gym during a tryout .

We decided to wait this season out and do a prep team , we didn't finish tryouts .

They asked a 6 year old to leave tryouts??

I find that difficult to believe.

Facts don't care about feelings.

Yes ! I have no reason to make up stories to chat board of people who I don't know who don't know me !
We don't doubt that it happened, we're just wondering how it happened. From a coach's perspective, I've removed mini aged kids from practices before, and it was NEVER because they weren't grasping skills quickly enough. Just to provide an example, I once removed a 5 year old from my mini practice because she had gotten herself so frustrated that she resorted to crossing her arms and refusing to do anything. No amount of coaxing or reprimanding was going to fix it, so I walked her out to her mom until she was ready to rejoin us. Could someone have translated this to kicking the kid out of practice? Probably, but in my mind, it was best for her to unwind and refocus with her mother. Is it possible that something similar happened in your situation? You did mention that your daughter was really upset and scared.

It's also possible that they kicked her out maliciously, in which case, I wouldn't be going back to that gym.

We don't doubt that it happened, we're just wondering how it happened. From a coach's perspective, I've removed mini aged kids from practices before, and it was NEVER because they weren't grasping skills quickly enough. Just to provide an example, I once removed a 5 year old from my mini practice because she had gotten herself so frustrated that she resorted to crossing her arms and refusing to do anything. No amount of coaxing or reprimanding was going to fix it, so I walked her out to her mom until she was ready to rejoin us. Could someone have translated this to kicking the kid out of practice? Probably, but in my mind, it was best for her to unwind and refocus with her mother. Is it possible that something similar happened in your situation? You did mention that your daughter was really upset and scared.

It's also possible that they kicked her out maliciously, in which case, I wouldn't be going back to that gym.
I honestly have no idea if it was done maliciously but it has made me question staying at this gym

I honestly have no idea if it was done maliciously but it has made me question staying at this gym
I encourage you to chat with the gym owner about it. They should have immediately approached you to explain, but you still deserve an explanation, even if you have to seek one out. Again, I'm looking at this from a coach's perspective, but miscommunication happens all the time and I'd hate for your experience to be ruined over something that may not have gone down the way you thought.

I encourage you to chat with the gym owner about it. They should have immediately approached you to explain, but you still deserve an explanation, even if you have to seek one out. Again, I'm looking at this from a coach's perspective, but miscommunication happens all the time and I'd hate for your experience to be ruined over something that may not have gone down the way you thought.

I second this from a parent's perspective. Mine is 6 too, and there has definitely been miscommunication before when the information went solely through her.

Eta: miscommunication ESPECIALLY when she's nervous/frustrated/upset

Yes ! I have no reason to make up stories to chat board of people who I don't know who don't know me !
I was asking for clarification of what was said, not whether it happened, and after seeing your response:

exactly what @retiredl5cheer said. If you didn't hear it, and you don't have a reliable account of exactly what was said or how it happened, then you really don't know WHAT went on. You NEED to talk to the adults involved before jumping to conclusions.

Back