All-Star Cheer! Mini Allstars On Lifetime Tv

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Though I wish they would have shown more of the kids and coaches, I understand why the moms were shown. It's Lifetime, it's geared toward women and the "mom crowd". Just like in Jersey Cheer, where PA is the main focus. And of course they're gonna show the more dramatic scenes to make it more "interesting" just know these moms are just as loving. I hope everyone enjoyed it. Step 1's a big family and we just shared a little piece of what we are. Hope Lifetime picks both shows up to really showcase cheerleading more.

The kids were great. But Holy crazy cheer moms - and I don't think it was all about the editing......

I think they filmed during prep for 2 different competitions. I heard them mention Americheer and I also heard them mention Cheerpower. This might be why there were talks of 10 teams in their division.

yes im sure its all the parents but I THINK its completely inappropriate and there is no need to have a fan page for a child who is on an allstar team that just happened to be on a TV show...this is crazy. How shameful. What do the parents want...for people to run up to them at comps to get their autographs? these parents seem like a Bunch of CEA wannabees to me....

There are more things I can think of that are "shameful" than having a fan page on facebook.

I get Tweets saying i was on the show... then i go to it and its 6 pack! I'm so happy for them. Undefeated all year and just got 1st out of 19 teams at US finals VA Beach. With 6 girls they really max out the level 1 division. So proud of them!

Saw them in Myrtle Beach and they were amazing. I enjoyed watching them and the flyers have great abilities. Saw them on another team later(junior3 maybe) and they dod great there too!

There are more things I can think of that are "shameful" than having a fan page on facebook.

did you read what cheermomma said? this is crazy and trying to make a CHILD famous just because they are cheerleaders is SHAMEFUL!!! If the parents wanted stardom they should get their children into acting where "getting mobbed" is to be expected. yes there are a lot more WORSE things a parent can do. But to subject your children to this, take the fun out of cheerleading, have your child have no say, (like an 8 year old knows what a facebook is) all because of cheerleading...this makes me very angry! Its pathetic and selfish! At least Maddie and Erica were old enough to decide what they wanted but these children are 7 and 8 years old.
Why do the parents in cheerleading have to go over the boundaries and take everything to the limit? You dont see this type of stuff happening in any other sport. I would love if cheerleading could just be "normal" I would hate to see someone getting hurt because of CRAZY parents taking things a little too far

Yeah and ask the parents of Maddie and Erica how much fun that is! From what I see in the 2x2 videos the girls are mobbed at competitions and I think someone posted on here that Erica's mother won't let her walk around competitions by herself anymore do to the mayhem that breaks out.
Why anyone would want to subject their child to "cheerlebrity" status at a young age is beyond me.
On another note, I always tell people mini 1 is where the crazy is! It's a lot of 1st time cheer parents and they easily get caught up in winning and what their child is doing compared to other kids. I am out of those woods and will never look back! Though the mini years (before it was called mini) with my oldest was a lot of fun...of course I had no idea who Cheer Athletics was at the time.

Okay talk about PMS!! (Psycho Minimom Syndrome). The Step 1 mom was decent but I'm sorry the other one :confused: She made several comments that had me saying "Wow" and not in a good way.

I loved Hayden and hope that he can enjoy his sport without the bullies bothering him now that he has been on TV.

I have mixed feelings about the show. Would I have preferred to see stonger mini teams...yes but at least it give those who are not involved in allstar, an idea of the sport.

Will it keep them coming back for more, I doubt it.

I know Mini 1 can sometimes be boring to some but there are some very intertaining Mini 1's out there. This is all JMO.

Oh and yes I do agree they should have done one on Mini 3!!! ;)

Yeah and ask the parents of Maddie and Erica how much fun that is! From what I see in the 2x2 videos the girls are mobbed at competitions and I think someone posted on here that Erica's mother won't let her walk around competitions by herself anymore do to the mayhem that breaks out.
Why anyone would want to subject their child to "cheerlebrity" status at a young age is beyond me.
On another note, I always tell people mini 1 is where the crazy is! It's a lot of 1st time cheer parents and they easily get caught up in winning and what their child is doing compared to other kids. I am out of those woods and will never look back! Though the mini years (before it was called mini) with my oldest was a lot of fun...of course I had no idea who Cheer Athletics was at the time.

I agree, I have seen posts about where Maddie and Erica's parents don't LOVE all this...but in @amanda 's defense, I don't think she's saying Maddie and Erica are recommending this...just that these Mini parents want it. I know PLENTY of cheer moms that think their kids should be famous like Erica and Maddie, without taking time to think if they reeeeally want that. I totally agree with her--Facebook pages for Mini aged kids is ridiculous and dangerous. There's a reason you have to be 13 to even get a Facebook (per their rules), and it's not so that your parents can get you one when you're 8. I would NOT want total strangers liking my kid enough that they want to "like" her on Facebook. Sorry, it's just my opinion, but I am against this.

I would NOT want total strangers liking my kid enough that they want to "like" her on Facebook. Sorry, it's just my opinion, but I am against this.

Agreed. People are nuts. And unfortunately what our cp's do is the crux of some people's...umm...fantasy. I'm incredibly proud of my cp but I keep her CLOSE.

The kids were so cute and talented and the coaches were so positive!!! Great showing for both gyms!

Until a show about allstars is controlled by someone who actually has a clue, I'm afraid this is what you get. Just as on Toddlers and Tiaras, the producers are looking for people they can exploit and make look foolish or witchy or stage mom or whatever - admittedly with many parents wholehearted cooperation:confused:. As someone stated earlier, yes editing can make something look worse, but the raw material has to be there in the first place. If they don't find drama, they will try to create it. Seriously, no one cares if that 17 year old last week got to drive to a party-I wanted to see cheer practices and comps - I don't care what goes on at home. The one exception for me was Hayden - given that this is a problem that boys in cheer have - many "friends" make fun of them and sometimes even fathers don't support them. I thought it appropriate to highlight the situation he was dealing with and the coach's talk with him. He was adorable, but the producers exploited him too - there was no reason to include his quoting his mom about Midwest being "the enemy". Most all gyms and coaches encourage a respectful attitude towards other gyms, it is what is the best thing for the industry as a whole and it is the proper example to give to the cps, but tv wants conflict and where none can be found will try to stir the pot. (I wonder if the gym owners were given any editing priviledges.)
The bottom line IMO is that this show was not created for those of us involved in cheer - they want to make it entertaining for those who are clueless and just want to make fun of cheer because of their preconceived notions of what allstar is. This could have been a show to educate those not involved in just how much work and dedication is required to be an allstar. It could have been both entertaining and enlightening. But I do not believe that was the point. I am afraid the motivation was more closely related to that behind Toddlers and Tiaras. Who after watching T&T would want to admit they take part in pageants given the slanted view that is presented. (And yes, I know there are people here who participate,my point is I feel confident they are not like the parents portrayed.)
Will my daughter and I continue to watch if the shows are picked up? - we'll probably give the shows at least one more try each.
In for a penny, in for a pound - I do think it inappropriate for children as young as minis' to have a facebook page so people can "follow" them - way too creeper friendly.

Back