All-Star Cheer Moms or Dads . . . Who's Out There?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can I just say...I'm very happy to have some new parents on here. who act like parents. Some other parents on here are worse than the kids!

I think I qualify as "out there"

CP has been doing this 11years. Almost ended this year, but changed her mind after Worlds.
5th gym, 7th different team. It's already been a roller coaster.

on the old boards there was a really funny post about each year of your cheer parent life and what it does to you. I wish I could find it because it was funny and true at the same time. It had somethings along the lines of : Year 1, you don't know what you have got yourself into, your just loving seeing your child dressed up in a cute outfit and performing. Year 2 etc. . . I think it was either yr 3 or 4 when you lose your mind for a season!

7 hours? For a mini team? My gyms senior team doesnt even practice that much. I might be in the gym for about 7 hours a week, but thats with practices and two tumbling classes.
Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear on that, it's not all practice, but includes their mandatory tumbling/conditioning classes too.

Here's what all teams, Mini & up, have for weekly schedules this season:
4 hours of team practice
1 hour of team tumbling
1 hour of Crossfit training
1 hour of individual tumbling

Plus, it looks like my CP is flying this season too because there is a recommendation for her to take Hyperflex, their flyer body position/flexibility class, so we'll most likely be in the gym 8 hours a week with that added in.

Fortunately, we only live about 10 minutes from UA's new gym, or I'd be bringing a tent and sleeping bag. :)

on the old boards there was a really funny post about each year of your cheer parent life and what it does to you. I wish I could find it because it was funny and true at the same time. It had somethings along the lines of : Year 1, you don't know what you have got yourself into, your just loving seeing your child dressed up in a cute outfit and performing. Year 2 etc. . . I think it was either yr 3 or 4 when you lose your mind for a season!

I'm looking through my files to see if I saved it. It was hilarious, and woefully true! Acedad, any chance you saved that?

Hi Im Janet (Momma Krulee)
California Bullets Mom but also "Cheer Mom" to athletes on many different teams!
My daughter is Caitlyn currently for the '10-'11 season on Cali Senior Elite
Past 2 yrs with Cali Unlim Coed
Before that:
1 year POWER large all girl 5
5 years (youth, junior and senior al girl and coed 5) South Bay Elite/Nor Cal Elite
Excited for the new season and dont tell Shawn Im posting HAHAHAHA!

My cp is 8 and is just starting her 4th season as an allstar plus 1 year of exhibition. This year she is cheering at ga allstars and she is SO excited!

Hi my name is Susan, Daughter is 14 and is starting her 7th year as an allstar cheerleader. She did 3yrs with Newnan Southern Stars youth 3 and Jr 4, 1 year with Stingrays Youth 5, and she is starting her 3rd year on GA Heat Small Sr 5.

It's awesome we are getting more parents!!! I think the Fierceboard name is getting around!
My name in Liz, my cp is Phoebe she is 8 and officially on Spirit of Texas Small Junior 2 team this season.
This is our 2nd full season (she did a half season of Tiny when she was 3) of all star.
Last season she was on Cheer Athletics Bobcats (Mini 1), her Tiny season was at AZ Heat Elite in Mesa, AZ.

Hi I'm Joanie My oldest is off to college after 5 seasons in allstars. My youngest Jeanie Beanie is 7 and is going into her 5th season of all stars. 1 year tiny and 1 year mini 1 at Pacific Coast and then 2 years mini 1 and next year mini 2 with California Allstars. Been around long enough to know that no matter what is going on, this too shall pass! Always enter the new season with a smile in your heart and on your face.

Hi, I am Chrissy - my daughter is 14, and in her 7th year of All-Star cheerleading - getting ready to start our 3rd year at FAME. Last year she was on Junior coed 5, and Sr Unlim Coed 5. I think I lost my mind a few years ago, lol!
We are looking forward to the start of a new season ~ but right now I am glad everything has slowed down a little bit :)

Ahh that was my post!! I didn't save a copy :(. I know it was posted by some moms on a gymnastics board somewhere, but I don't have any idea where that is either. I'll check my old computer....maybe it's still on there. It was just a random post that I made last year that seemed to have some lasting impact haha.

Hi I'm Joanie My oldest is off to college after 5 seasons in allstars. My youngest Jeanie Beanie is 7 and is going into her 5th season of all stars. 1 year tiny and 1 year mini 1 at Pacific Coast and then 2 years mini 1 and next year mini 2 with California Allstars. Been around long enough to know that no matter what is going on, this too shall pass! Always enter the new season with a smile in your heart and on your face.

I always thought you were a World Cup mom, isn't that funny! I'm not saying that's a bad thing either, I love World Cup.

My name is Cheryl and I have 2 daughters who cheer all star. My girls cheer at Midwest Cheer Elite in Cincinnati Ohio. I'm not sure what teams they will be on this year, because tryouts are this week. My older daughter is 16 and has been cheering all star 5 years, last year she was on sr coed 4 and small all girl 5. My younger daughter is 10 and has been cheering all star 4 years. She was on jr coed 3 last year. I love cheerleading. I can usually be found at the venue watching all day long.

Back