All-Star Cheer Perfection 12/19/12

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And most 11 year olds can, I bet one of the kids could of done it, I always brought my laptop to comps for that very reason, you always need a back up.

Well, if she wants my advice......the next time this happens just ask your oldest daughter. That's what I do when I want do something on the computer. Ask 1 of my children. They always know!!! LOL

Well, if she wants my advice......the next time this happens just ask your oldest daughter. That's what I do when I want do something on the computer. Ask 1 of my children. They always know!!! LOL
exactly!!!! I feel like that drama was for the show, I doubt they live that far from their gym..seems like he is the go to guy, he could of driven the kids to the field while she went to the gym...ughhhh poor planners kill me!

With the drama between the mothers, I'm surprised the coach didn't intervene. I'm guessing it was all staged for the show or something. But my gym, any time theres drama that involved the gym in any way, the coaches address it and end it very quickly.

I just feel like this show is set in 2006. I assume they chose to focus on this age group to rival dance moms and because audiences (mainly people who aren't aware of how elite all star cheer can be) unfortunately get a kick out of parents pressuring their kids at a young age.

I thought I could watch it as something funny and a joke.... I couldn't even get past the first 5 minutes I was so frustrated and annoyed.

Did no one else catch that she said back to school means back to cheer... And then she later said they had the summer off..... If you want your team to be successful, giving them the whole summer off probably isn't the greatest route to take. Summer is the best time for long practices and skill progressions.

In other news... If my gym were anything like this, I would be outta there faster than you can say "Youth Silver." Although I've gotta admit we have a youth level 2 team I wish I was on. They're the deal. :)

This show ultimately makes me feel grateful for my coaches and just my gym in general. Oh, and that the parents watch from the fish bowl upstairs.

This show and these moms honestly scare me, but going back a couple weeks ago, how much of this is 'created' for an effect like other ones we have discussed? So should I be scared or entertained? Hmmmm.

I saw them in Ohio at Americheer and what I saw in person was an accurate representation of their behavior on the television show.

My kids have been involved in cheer for 10+ years, I've lost count. I hate to say it, but the mother's behavior is spot on from my experiences. there is always a clique of moms who act like that. The difference I've seen is that the people I know aren't as loud and proud about their behavior. The whole scheming to get the little girl off youth silver.....been there done that, a few years ago some moms of amazons were being extremely hateful about my daughter and other girls flying and formulating what they would say to the coaches to get their "more talented" daughters in the air. They were whispering away in the lobby and they eventually got louder, one of my friends sat down and they kept talking. She suggested they go to the coaches instead of bashing 9 year olds then came to me. I'm sure these cheer perfection moms are more covert, but since its a TV show and all they need the drama.

I think part of the reason the team struggles despite their tumblers is twofold. First, it takes more than 2-3 strong kids to carry a team. Second, she has a lot of really young kids on that team, kids that belong on tinys and minis. Those babies aren't ready for her boot camp attitude. I also feel that she is an inconsistent coach, and that shows in overall performance.

My Comments:

1: "Youth Silver" should be a new 21+ cheer drinking game, however, I think I would be pretty smashed, so maybe every time it is said 5 push-ups, I would actually be in shape watching an hour of this show.

2: Dad Spotting handspring? YIKES

3: Hello Sandbagging.. most of these girls should be on youth 1 and then the "more talented ones" should at least be on a junior 3, however, they probably don't have enough of girls in any level, from the website seems to be a lot of crossover.

4: I actually shut it off about 35 minutes in because I felt like I was wasting sleeping time.

Back