All-Star Cheer Perfection

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

....at my nieces old gym, the gym owners kid competed on one team at his parents gym and also on Beatles

I think the gym is closed now (this was last year ) and now both children are at Stingray.

Basically I'm saying that Alisha and what his name need to get ole girl on the TX carpool and then do a lower level team at CTR if need be

Now typically I'm team "stay at your gym because a small gym can never become a strong level 5 gym if kids jump ship when they get good".... However if the case of the Dunlap girl she's genuinely too talented to risk getting hurt fooling around with those teams that her parents are creating just for her

....at my nieces old gym, the gym owners kid competed on one team at his parents gym and also on Beatles

I think the gym is closed now (this was last year ) and now both children are at Stingray.

Basically I'm saying that Alisha and what his name need to get ole girl on the TX carpool and then do a lower level team at CTR if need be

Now typically I'm team "stay at your gym because a small gym can never become a strong level 5 gym if kids jump ship when they get good".... However if the case of the Dunlap girl she's genuinely too talented to risk getting hurt fooling around with those teams that her parents are creating just for her

And who would want to be on an destined to be unsuccessful team that is above their ability just to be a "supporting cast cheerleader" for the gym owner's daughter's team?

And who would want to be on an destined to be unsuccessful team that is above their ability just to be a "supporting cast cheerleader" for the gym owner's daughter's team?
Quite a few parents would be happy with this as long as Susie is on the Level X team. They're unsuccessful because the judges have it in for them, of course. Brainwashing is real, y'all.
(This is NOT about CTR, just my observations in general)

Here is the video I was talking about; Cambry is 8 and has had solid tumbling for a while, this little girl isn't one of Alisha's daughters, she's 4 and has a pretty solid BHS.

holy cow! that child should be in gymnastics, not cheer...

I've been thinking this since the tv show honestly, I feel like the Worlds team was created to give the daughter the experience of going to Worlds. But honestly..let the girl join the carpool, she's talented enough to make a CA Worlds team. Not just in tumbling either, in the Worlds Prelims video you can see how she fought and fought to keep herself in the air AND double down. Girl could have a very successful career if they let her go to Texas.

That's what I was referring to, 30 seconds on.

Gymnastics wouldn't be allowing her to do that stuff she's doing yet. She'd be working on getting her layout to be 10ft in the air for at least a few years before they allowed her to twist. Also, a lot of kids that age are terrified of beam, bars, etc.

It's also not legal to compete skills like that until about age 8 in gymnastics. Last I remember you needed to be 7 to do an old level 5 meet (which was the first mandatory level), and then once you hit 8 the rest of the levels open up.

That said, if this kid ever decides to switch to gymnastics down the line (cause she clearly has a lot of talent), she's going to be very bored with the technique requirements and limitations. Of course, maybe she can do like that Laney girl and go right to level 10 after she goes to Worlds at 12 :).

I've been thinking this since the tv show honestly, I feel like the Worlds team was created to give the daughter the experience of going to Worlds. But honestly..let the girl join the carpool, she's talented enough to make a CA Worlds team. Not just in tumbling either, in the Worlds Prelims video you can see how she fought and fought to keep herself in the air AND double down. Girl could have a very successful career if they let her go to Texas.

That's what I was referring to, 30 seconds on.

I wonder if Alisha could live with her kids being in a gym where they're not the clear favorite and don't have the 'coaches daughters' title. Otherwise, I can't understand why Cass isn't at least on that CA carpool. Though, tbh, Cambry (the 2nd) is more talented than her sister was at that age so get her in on this too.

She wouldn't be able to even compete yet, she'd have to be 5 and most of those skills wouldn't be competed for years.

I wonder if Alisha could live with her kids being in a gym where they're not the clear favorite and don't have the 'coaches daughters' title. Otherwise, I can't understand why Cass isn't at least on that CA carpool. Though, tbh, Cambry (the 2nd) is more talented than her sister was at that age so get her in on this too.

She wouldn't be able to even compete yet, she'd have to be 5 and most of those skills wouldn't be competed for years.

Alisha's oldest girl looks to me to be of the size where she is definitely not an automatic flyer based on her size - I would think at a gym like CA it would probably be a challenge for her to obtain a flying spot cause there would probably be many girls of her same skill level who are significantly smaller. She may keep her at her gym so she can control whether or not she flys - and hand pick her bases to be the strongest, etc.).

Re: gym, the levels you are allowed to compete at 5 are doing things like cartwheels and forward rolls and they are not mandatory (many gymnasts do not bother w/ them - my CP didn't). The first level you HAVE to do involves a double backhandspring and unless the rule has changed you need to be 7 years old to do that. When you turn 8 you can start to do all the higher levels. Note: even though it's required for a gymnast to qualify their way up all the mandatory levels, most of the uber talented kids just do one meet per level (or have a judge come in and qualify them) and move up mulitiple levels in a short amount of time - like that Laney girl prob had a judge come in and qualify her from level 4 up through 9, and now she's actually doing meets at 10.

Back