Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

read past worlds threads. a MAJORITY of people on here think it is okay for 1st place teams to go crazy and jump up and down when the second place team is announced.

I think it's a better statement to say that a majority of people feel like it would be classy and better sportsmanship to allow the second place team their moment, but many people won't fault a team of kids (or fans) if they get caught up in the excitement

I think it's a better statement to say that a majority of people feel like it would be classy and better sportsmanship to allow the second place team their moment, but many people won't fault a team of kids (or fans) if they get caught up in the excitement
thats highly debatable, it all depends on the team that did it.

Lazy cheerleaders. If you don't want to be here, go home. I'm not breaking down the dance/stretching you/making you do the stunt that fell again because I feel like torturing you. (If you roll your eyes at me one more time though, I may just have you do it until your arms fall off just out of spite. j/k...mostly)

Girls who REFUSE to even try to learn to tumble. Hi, this is cheerleading. We tumble. Its not 1980.

ATTITUDES.

Broken wrists in motions. Your hyperextended jump is less impressive to me if you began it with a crappy looking high-v. Please check your motions in a mirror.

I'd rather work with a level one team of girls who work their butts off than a level 4 team who thinks they're amazing and don't have to work for anything else.

I know what you mean, but at my gym we would get killed for that

I know what you mean, but at my gym we would get killed for that

I wasn't stating my opinon, just what I have read. This is why I really liked how GoCoastal ran it at Battle At The Capital.

They announced down to 3rd and had the last two teams stand up. Then they announced the winner. The 2d place team could be gracious and the 1st place team got to celebrate. No one accused of bad sportsmanship in an emotional situation.

I also think that as a sport this is the perfect way to teach people how to be good winners AND good losers. It's part of life. Again, JMO

definitely negative team mates during practice. team mates that think they can coach the team they are on. it drives me insane.

- negative attitudes during practice
- when some individuals don't work together with the team
- when a flyer does a scale by holding onto their knee and not their ankle
- doing a bow and arrow with the left hand BEHIND the leg

[quote="magicmom, post: 250621-and my #1 pet peeve -CHEER MAMA DRAMA[/quote]

AGREE!!!! This is the reason we may be switching gyms....

I also agree with the girls walking around half dressed....looks realy bad!

I HATE...
  • cheer parents that are a little too involved. cheer for your childs team all you want! but dont interfere with the coaching. you may think u know wats best for your child... but a COACH knows wats best for a TEAM.
  • ACCESSIVE SPIRTING right after tumbling! there is no need to "make it rain" or spank ur butt cause u landed a skill that is expected from your level.
  • glittery make-up that isnt properly applied. i think nautral eyes and a jucy lip color are the way to go..but if ur gonna do glitter make sure its not the kind that clumps! and glitter lips... just plain distracting... is it worth gross feeling?

I agree! Like my coach just says clean to the crowd and make a facial

Back