Cheer Pet Peeves?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

[QUOTE="
10- WHY CAN'T WORLDS BE ON TV LIKE LIVE!!! have to wait to get aired on espn to watch just a handful of teams.... or pay to watch online (which i did this time) but when my wifi was acting up in the middle of a performance i was going to toss my MAC out the window!!! argh!!!!

I would love to see at least the finals of every division - it seemed like last year they only showed the top 5 of senior large coed and senior large all girl. How hard would it have been to do some other shows w/ the other divisions? And you do not know how much I hate the bad camera angles where espn won't show things like the jumps or pyramids from the front? Like they'd ever show a goofy angle where can't see what's going on in a football or basketball game![/QUOTE]
I actually prefer the multicam view.

Stay to Play competitions! This is the first year we are attending comps that have the Stay to Play requirements and it is extremely frustrating - and expensive. At this rate, we'll be doing the Half Year team next season and just attending local competitions.
I seriously wonder when this is all going to end. One of these days we're going to wake up and realize that half the families that would have been able to afford allstar won't even be there anymore. When are we going to reach that tipping point?

Last edited:
When people complain about not doing conditioning and that they need abs and that they want a meal plan and Blah blah blah. At my gym the girls who say these things are the girls that cheat, don't try, take it for granted , get wasted before practice, etc. It's awful and VERY hypocritical.

PS.
Sorry about the rant.

I hear the "omg absssssss" thing all the time with my Senior aged girls (HS, Senior 2 and 3.)

Girls (looking at instagram) : Ohmygawd I SOOOOO want Chelsea Cheerlebrity abs.
Others: Right?! Ohmygod. Let's soooo get abs.

*do extra crunches ONCE at practice*
*look in mirror*
*wonder why it's not working*
*go to Chick-Fil-A after practice*

I hear the "omg absssssss" thing all the time with my Senior aged girls (HS, Senior 2 and 3.)

Girls (looking at instagram) : Ohmygawd I SOOOOO want Chelsea Cheerlebrity abs.
Others: Right?! Ohmygod. Let's soooo get abs.

*do extra crunches ONCE at practice*
*look in mirror*
*wonder why it's not working*
*go to Chick-Fil-A after practice*
Teams that want to look like a prestigious program but don't want to train like a prestigious program.

My biggest pet peeve lately is girls that let their friends wear their uniforms to Halloween parties. It's so tacky.
One of my friends and former teammates( who no longer cheers) wore her uniform, full hair and makeup to a Halloween party....then posted a picture of her dressed like that holding a beer. It's the teams current uniform, it really bothered me

Getting a million kid and/or parent phone calls re: information that has been disseminated in multiple forms at multiple points.

Example:

Sends email about picture times + attire specifications a month out.
Sends reminder email at one week and two weeks out.
Sends reminder group text 3 days prior.
Follows up with another LAST MINUTE email 2 days out.

Gets phone call DAY OF PICTURES: "Hey Coach ______, what bows are the girls supposed to wear?"

:facepalm:

when other parents aren't being honest with coaches as far as how bad their child is injured (sprain vs fracture) in order to keep their child's spot at the expense of the entire team. Wearing a boot or other devices for months doesn't look like a sprain.

Here's a new one I've realized - when people are still in the formation, but don't do the jumps or tuck afterwards - and you can tell that it was *planned* that they wouldn't do the jumps or tuck. If you are taking someone out of the jump/tuck section cause they are hurt or can't do it, have them go stand in the way back or corner.

Back