All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

oh! and when point flyer falls. i understand if it's the bases/backspots fault but when it's the flyers fault its so frustrating.

Spread legs in back handsprings!! LOL :D Especially if you can do like a double with your feet together. It's like, you can set out of a back handspring and do a double with your feet together but you can keep your legs together just doing back handsprings? Ruins opening tumbling lol.

I want to thank this statement more than once.
its so frustrating. a girl did that, came back, then left our team one week later to go to our older team because she thought we werent going to worlds! then when we got our bid she was made an alternate for the older team and ended up not competing.

its so frustrating. a girl did that, came back, then left our team one week later to go to our older team because she thought we werent going to worlds! then when we got our bid she was made an alternate for the older team and ended up not competing.

Hopefully that taught her that lesson...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

When people join your gym just to get in good with the high school coaches that happen to work there..

when a person quits your team and gets their parents to bully them onto another team then everyone on their old team and new team hates them. including the coaches

when a coach yells at you saying you didnt try. sometimes, its obvious a kid isnt trying.. but when were doing it full out, just because a stunt falls doesnt mean we werent trying.

when senior teams are more well known than junior! like if a gym had a junior team who did well at worlds but the senior team did too, more people people would talk about the senior rather than the junior team. a lot of people disagree with me though.

when senior teams are more well known than junior! like if a gym had a junior team who did well at worlds but the senior team did too, more people people would talk about the senior rather than the junior team. a lot of people disagree with me though.

I think a lot of the this has to do with senior aged girls being older and possibly more experienced. With worlds turning into only a senior event, it's just going to be like that. I love junior teams though! They are very talented at such a young age!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

when a coach yells at you saying you didnt try. sometimes, its obvious a kid isnt trying.. but when were doing it full out, just because a stunt falls doesnt mean we werent trying.

i knoow what you're talking about and i hate that. thats why if/when it ever happens i'm like "whatever they're not talking to me, so the rest of you better pick it up"
lol =-]

The use of the term Flip Flop.

It's a backhandspring it should spring, when I hear flip flop I think of a poorly executed BHS that "flops" down.
I never use it with my girls because I feel it creates a poor mental image of the skill.

Also it sounds like a shoe, not a skill.

I hate when people slack off during conditioning... its like... no wonder you cant do that skill.. your fat and you do 15 push-ups when everybody else does 25.

I hate when people slack off during conditioning... its like... no wonder you cant do that skill.. your fat and you do 15 push-ups when everybody else does 25.

There are plenty of thin people that are lazy and slack off.

Back