All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here I go:

Appearance Pet Peeves
-Bows. I HATEEE ugly bows. Especially if someone wears an ugly bow and it is ugly in their hair too. Please try to at least make the bow look somewhat cute.
-When girls have a SUPER hot bow and it is either back way too far on their head, folded funny because it was laying at the bottom of their bag, too far forward on her head, or flopped backwards.
-Bangs down while competing. It's understandable with a headband, but if you're wearing a bow, no matter what hair style, please pull your bangs back, whether they're in a poof or straight back.
-Flyaways. It's called hairspray.
-Make up that doesn't show up very well.
-Unzipped unis/cellphone in skirt/uggs with uni (but let's not get started with that agian).

Competition Pet Peeves
-Warmups without a full spring floor. I understand a lot of competition companies are small and may not be able to afford them, but when bigger competitions don't have one.. Come on.
-Unhealthy food.
-No priority seating.
-BATC: "Cheerleaders are not allowed in priority! Family only!" .......... Really?
-Bad venues.

Team/Routine Pet Peeves
-People showing up late to practice and coaches not doing anything about it.
-Not coming to practice for no reason.
-Uneven boys in formation (my team was extremely guilty of this).
-"The boob show-off." GOSH DARN IT. THIS ISN'T POP WARNER.
-Sandbaggers.
-Bad music.
-Team's that steal music and think that no one will notice.
-Legit "facials." Please leave the kissy face, duck face, and bobble head to the pop warner girls.
-Competitions with stupid games and lame contests going happening on the floor.
-Awards ceremonies with "dance parties." Please just continue with the awards. I understand this for the younger award ceremonies, but i bet half the senior aged kids do NOT want this to happen. Just announce the winners.

I think I'm done..?

that was terrible. i had to go to my room and change and come back down to the competition just to watch the other teams from my gym compete

that was terrible. i had to go to my room and change and come back down to the competition just to watch the other teams from my gym compete

im pretty sure i agree with EVERYTHING you posted! the worst has to be batc family only. that was insane!!!

1) babies, whiners, whimps, complainers, etc.
2) lazy people who dont carry their weight at practice
3) when a female and male are opposites for a formation (this absolutely kills me. if there is only one you better be good enough to be on center the whole time! and if another girl cant do the skill have a dang good faker be her opposite!)
4) formations in general being off
5) flexed feet in any body position or double down
6) edward scissor legs in double downs
7) excessive flamboyance in a routine, you are a boy and most of you dont have hair so dont try to flip your "hair" around, or shimmy your non existent boobs around!

just couple i can dish out from the top of my head! :)[/QUOTE]

...Best description of it that i've ever heard. =)

1) babies, whiners, whimps, complainers, etc.
2) lazy people who dont carry their weight at practice
3) when a female and male are opposites for a formation (this absolutely kills me. If there is only one you better be good enough to be on center the whole time! And if another girl cant do the skill have a dang good faker be her opposite!)
4) formations in general being off
5) flexed feet in any body position or double down
6) edward scissor legs in double downs
7) excessive flamboyance in a routine, you are a boy and most of you dont have hair so dont try to flip your "hair" around, or shimmy your non existent boobs around!

Just couple i can dish out from the top of my head! :)

oh my gosh, i just died.

pet peevs......
-people complain when their team looses,yet they dont do anything in the routine.
-people who refuse to learn new tumble skills because they just 'cant do them'
-when flyers blame everything on the bases&backspot when clearly it was their fault.
-when flyers dont fight for stunts
-obnoxious cheer moms
-parents who threaten their kids with learning new skills
-stupid voiceovers
&many more.

my flyer last year barely stayed up in the air. she weighed 50 pounds but felt like 200 because she would TRY to make the stunt fall if she didnt feel it. i would start screaming at her in the middle of comps to keep that ish up.

alright sooo

- the fact that glitter does not come off easily whatsoever and the day after a competition at school everyone is like HEY YOU HAVE GLITTER ON YOUR FACE
- people who think they're amazing on your team and so they don't do conditioning or something. then at competitions when something falls it isnt THEIR fault
- when your team talks about you behind your back
- when people laugh when other people on their team get hurt
- when a stunt falls and the person who caused it denies that its their fault

i could go on and on.

- When a flyer falls on purpose.
- When a flyer falls and blames it on the group.
- Slow competitions.
- When people don't have any emotion on their face at competition. Could you at least act like you want to be there?
- When a coach says "Last time full out" and you do it 3 more times.
- When people can't land something or are having trouble tumbling and they fall every time and get mad at themselves but they don't go to tumbling or take lessons.
- When your stunt falls and your team talks about your group behind your back, but really they're right next to you and you can hear them.
- When a flyer falls and the group doesn't make one attempt to catch her.
- People who feel they are in their own world and no ones around them at competition. For example, at Return to Atlantis F5 was on and in front of the stage was all filled up but you could still see. So I tried recording from my seat and I could see until 2 women feel the need to stand up and block EVERYONE behind them. I yelled "sit down" about 10 times. But they didn't hear. They didn't even move to the side or anything.
- Coaches who have favorites, so it's ok when they walk in 5 mins late but not ok when I do?

Back