All-Star Cheer Pet Peeves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are plenty of thin people that are lazy and slack off.

thank you. i am definitly not skinny but i work just as hard as anyone else.

and i hate when people's injury somehow affects their entire body. i knew a girl who suddenly decided couldn't run, or do sit ups, or jump, or do anything because she broke a wrist. (really she was just lazy)

and i hate when people's injury somehow affects their entire body. i knew a girl who suddenly decided couldn't run, or do sit ups, or jump, or do anything because she broke a wrist. (really she was just lazy)

or do motions or stretch.

The use of the term Flip Flop.

It's a backhandspring it should spring, when I hear flip flop I think of a poorly executed BHS that "flops" down.
I never use it with my girls because I feel it creates a poor mental image of the skill.

Also it sounds like a shoe, not a skill.

THANK YOU!! omg. coming from gymnastics, i had never heard the term and to this day, whenever i hear someone call it that, i imagine some of the girls i've seen who just let their bodies flop around like a dead fish. the word is just as ugly as their skill.
i really think there should be one term that is used universally for each skill so no one gets confused.
when i got to college, my team used the term "prep" for a prep (duh) but then they call an extension a "full". the first time my coach told us to do a prep full, i popped my flyer expecting a full down. good thing i have a good eye for catching.

when senior teams are more well known than junior! like if a gym had a junior team who did well at worlds but the senior team did too, more people people would talk about the senior rather than the junior team. a lot of people disagree with me though.

I think it happens because of the difference in skills between juniors and seniors. Though there are exceptional junior teams, most senior teams perform better, execute better and throw harder skills overall (and who doesn't like seeing the taller flyers in the air?). Yes, there are some junior teams that are better than senior teams, but for the most part, senior teams excel over junior teams. The seniors in turn usually put on a better show and attract more attention.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

When teams go from Scale to Aero, omg so uglyyyyyyyyyy.

Unless the girls all have unbelievable hip flexor muscles, leg muscles and anti-gravity powers, this should neverrr be done.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My pet peeve is when mini or youth teams wear crop tops. Your 7 year does not[/] need to have their whole stomach out.

omg I know! when i was in gymnastics it was, "oh, you broke your ankle? you can do bars can't you? okay, good. go swing. " hahahah 4 hours of stretching, sit ups and swinging on the bars sucks worse than the whole practice did. I would rather not get hurt.

and to the not trying comment just because they drop, we used to have a saying, "i'd rather die than drop a stunt." keep that mentality, the stunt doesn't fall.

In tumbling, girls who run all the way to center so they can't do as much or their tumbling gets shortened.
I loooove long tumbling. Especially long handsprings.

And, when you have people throwing really powerful tumblers going at the beginning but the last pass is like a roundoff full? I tend to expect something insaneeee for last passes

When a person just marks their cross tumbling pass during a competition for no apparent reason.

Actually happened.

Even though there isn't much you can do about it,
-Only ONE TEAM from a gym being the pride and joy.

Even if there is more than one senior five team (which most of the time those are the ones favored) almost always ONE of them gets more than the other.

- Girls that allllllllways complain about cheering. If you hate it so much, why are you still here?
- When teams do floorwork choreography and you get a nice crotch shot..
- When a girl tumbles to the corner, then has to RUN to her spot in the back or opposite side... Is there not any other closer place you could put them?
- On the youth and junior teams, when the girls bows are bigger than their heads.
- When they showcase something, but it really isn't showcasing because there's ten thousand other things going on around it and you miss what they're "showcasing".
- When you warm up, and you're sooo excited to perform.. You get into the holding area and everything's going normal. Then finally, you're the next team to go on.. then there's some random 10 minute break.
- Over-used songs in routines.
- When the center stunt falls.. I know some can't help it, but my eyes always go to the center stunt and it's dissapointing when they fall.
- When hard specialty passes go first in running tumbling, and then other fulls start going before it's over so either one you watch, your missing something.
- When one double goes in a group of fulls and you can barely tell.
- When you have groups of fulls going AFTER doubles.
- When preps fall in pyramids, and the harder skills can't go because of the fallen prep. Really? ... A Prep?
- Provacative dancing/music.. on any age group.
- When people don't hold the end of the routine they just automatically jump up and down or hug someone.
- Annoying announcers.
- When a girl is on quite a few different teams, and by the time they perform for the last time of the day they're tired, and they end up letting that team down because they've competed a few times before.
- Crotch shots in pyramids, or when the girls stand in preps or hitches backwards in the pyramid, for extended amounts of time. We dont wanna see your butt!

I'm gonna stop myself.. Buttttt there ya go :)

i feel like this ALWAYS happens to my team. so frustrating!

cheer moms that pretend to like you, and then complain that you're the reason their daughter keeps falling out of her stunt. hmm..i guess that would be two faced cheer moms.

Back