All-Star Cheer Twitter-ers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

spelt is common outside the US - it's interchangeable with spelled ;)
I wrote spelt in a paper once (rough draft) and it got many questions marks written next to it..never again will make that mistake lol. I didn't know what it was acceptable spelt (get it? hahhah) like that in other place. Learning something new everyday on here.

I think we all know the names of those kids but for example Brandon, no one knows those kids names. CEA is the most visible team on an individual basis compared to any other there. If it were Top Gun it would be the same thing. I can name half that team.
I said the athletes they mentioned weren't associated w/CEA. Not to my recollection.

Digressing from the cheer twitter topic for a moment...if there is no "I" in team then why are so many people willingly embracing and cultivating the cheerlebrity (oh lord I hate that word) phenomenon? It can't be both ways. If cheerleaders on a team are going to be singled out over the rest of the entire team for their skills, having a lot of followers on twitter, etc., then one has to accept the flip side of things - when so-and-so eats mat on the last pass of a well known team, his/her name is going to be all over the cheer twitters.
Rereading your post though, I'm getting that @IndustryNewsIN was particularly harsh to 2 specific athletes and not to other well-known ones who might have had issues the same day, and that you are questioning their scruples and personal motives in those tweets by only mentioning some and not all, or even none of the athletes by name.

I don't think they should be tweeting any athletes names period. It's not necessary and it adds to the problem you have w/"cheerlebrity's". We're talking about grown adults here, not children running those major sites (the ones I follow anyway), so they shouldn't mention individual athletes period IMO.

IndustryNewsIN really impressed me with how quickly they got videos up during the Majors. Most of the videos were up not long after they left the mat and they were pretty good quality. Not HD, but not 240p from 300 feet away and you can't make out anything so I wasn't complaining. Especially cause they were up so quick.

This would be the thread to pull me out of my hibernation, haha.

Back in July 2011 I was following a few of the first cheer twitters, who were mainly young anonymous girls that managed to get in fights with each other every other day instead of tweeting things that people could relate to. I remember thinking to myself, "I could do a better job than them", so, on a whim, I created CheerStruggles.

It took a little while but after a few weeks I started gaining a lot of followers and getting tons of retweets and favorites, and there was a point in time where I was the most popular cheer twitter in terms of followers. Of course, with my retirement from cheer and my lack of general interest in the account has made that popularity flat line, but I'm still pretty proud of that. :p

What I've noticed, though, is that relatable tweets that have good grammar (<-- this is actually really important, believe it or not!) and are not the same thing that's been tweeted by every other cheer account out there will get the most retweets and will gain me more followers. I never bash teams and always try to encourage good sportsmanship from my followers, and I rarely post my own opinions. I try to tweet at least once every 1-2 days (but I've been really bad at that lately) while being original and somewhat funny. Sometimes I try keeping people updated with news and events, but that's not why people follow me, I don't think, so I leave that more for accounts like CheerUpdates.

I don't think they should be tweeting any athletes names period. It's not necessary and it adds to the problem you have w/"cheerlebrity's". We're talking about grown adults here, not children running those major sites (the ones I follow anyway), so they shouldn't mention individual athletes period IMO.
I agree with you on that one, that it adds to the cheerlebrity problem. When names are mentioned it almost seems vindictive (that is the word I could not think of earlier).

I love Jaded Cheer Mom and Grumpy cat cheer! I use my Twitter to post my "real" thoughts.....instead of being nicey nice all the time like on FB or other sites.

I also, do not like following kids from gyms. Don't care for the constant tweets about how their gym is the best!!

I love Jaded Cheer Mom and Grumpy cat cheer! I use my Twitter to post my "real" thoughts.....instead of being nicey nice all the time like on FB or other sites.

I also, do not like following kids from gyms. Don't care for the constant tweets about how their gym is the best!!

i agree. i post cheer mom related stuff and enjoy following other cheer parents who are going through the same thing i am. i do not follow any cheerleaders unless i am really close with them - like they babysit my kid close.

I am just generally interested in the facts. Can get most of that from CheerUpdates. Have also followed some others who tend to tweet "play by plays" of comps I am interested in hearing about - whether I am there or not. Can't always watch it all, but can get info from those who can.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE #deptips. So wise, she is.

But if I want colorful commentary that is on point, @mamaslapaho is where it's at.

Back