All-Star Cheer Update And Cheer Issues

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So did you still do marching band? I read the thread but I'm on Christmas break and maynot be retaining all the info as well as I normally would. How were you going to do the band comps and the high school cheer comps? They are so often on the same day?
I was doing cheer and band over the summer. I had band camp and cheer practice on the same days. Yes they had many competitions on the same day so I quit cheer because I can always try out agian but marching band was a class.

So......my dad is lowkey mad at me because I'm quitting marching band a doing cheer. I don't understand it because he lets my brothers play all the sports they want and if they don't like it he will let them quit. When I told him I hated football I was forced to play until I told the coach I hate football kick me off. Now that I found the sport I love I feel like he should support me.

So......my dad is lowkey mad at me because I'm quitting marching band a doing cheer. I don't understand it because he lets my brothers play all the sports they want and if they don't like it he will let them quit. When I told him I hated football I was forced to play until I told the coach I hate football kick me off. Now that I found the sport I love I feel like he should support me.
That's frustrating. Sometimes (read: a lot of the time) parents have visions of their child being a specific kind of athlete; in your case, your dad envisions you and your brothers playing football. My guess is that seeing you cheer is shattering his dreams a bit.

That's frustrating. Sometimes (read: a lot of the time) parents have visions of their child being a specific kind of athlete; in your case, your dad envisions you and your brothers playing football. My guess is that seeing you cheer is shattering his dreams a bit.
It's very frustrating. My brother will plays a lot of sports and he's good at them but when I play something other than football or wrestling he won't support me. He urged me to do marching band and didn't come to a competition because my brother has a game and he can always see me on a Friday night. He will buy my brother gear for every sport but if I ask for new cheer shoes he says "that's not my problem."

It's very frustrating. My brother will plays a lot of sports and he's good at them but when I play something other than football or wrestling he won't support me. He urged me to do marching band and didn't come to a competition because my brother has a game and he can always see me on a Friday night. He will buy my brother gear for every sport but if I ask for new cheer shoes he says "that's not my problem."

I understand that it hurts that your dad doesn't support you. Have you talked to him about it? Don't compare yourself to your brother, instead focus on how you feel and how you want him to support you. If he's really not interested in supporting you, then you're going to have to find a way around it. Stop asking him to come to competitions/practices. If you need something for cheer, don't ask. Maybe he'll see that he is missing out on a big part of your life and start to change his ways.

I understand that it hurts that your dad doesn't support you. Have you talked to him about it? Don't compare yourself to your brother, instead focus on how you feel and how you want him to support you. If he's really not interested in supporting you, then you're going to have to find a way around it. Stop asking him to come to competitions/practices. If you need something for cheer, don't ask. Maybe he'll see that he is missing out on a big part of your life and start to change his ways.
I tried. I think the only way he would support me if I won worlds/summit/NCA/or state. And it's not just one brother it's all of them. Whenever we see his friends they ask if we play sports and he will stare at me trying to let me know to not tell them I cheer but I tell them anyway.

I showed him and he said hes moth Herschel Walker. Then I told him well you are just gonna have to suck it and deal with it because you never even played football, basketball, or wrestled. You stayed on the sidelines and tried to see how many girlfriends you could have. Then he looked at my mom and my mom said "he's right you never support him. You pushed him to do marching band and never went to a game or competition." So he left.

You told your father to suck it? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to give respect to get respect and nothing about what you just wrote is going to get your father to see your side. I get that you're a teenager, but try not acting like one for a second and it may help.

You have to give respect to get respect and nothing about what you just wrote is going to get your father to see your side. I get that you're a teenager, but try not acting like one for a second and it may help.
He called and said he's proud that I'm sticking up for my sport. I was shocked that he said sport.

Back