All-Star Cheer Updates App

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't always have this philosophy about products or services, but I bought it because I want it to become great, not because I think it already is. FWIW, I believe I have gotten more than $5 worth of value from the twitter feed, so I'm not too concerned about the price.

There are some serious design issues that I hope get changed, but my biggest complaint is the use of ads in a more-than-99-cent app.

Finally looked at the blog. It looks pretty interesting. I'm sure many will buy. I'm probably not going to, but time will tell if it gets good ratings. I wonder if the Twitter account will be non existent if the app takes off or even if it doesn't. Seem like more work for them-if their reason was due to cost/time etc..-if they have to manage two accounts.

**Bumble Bee Tuna, bumble bee tuna**
Probably a smart move for now. I don't think the Twitter account will ever go away. The audience they have built on that is powerful and very valuable. Plus it will be a safety net if the app tanks.

Twitter just has too many limitations and where CU needs to take this thing is far beyond Twitter. It will be very interesting to say the least.

It is my understanding that once you "buy" the app all the upgrades and version updates are always included. I have never purchased an app that has then tried to charge me more for upgrades.

In app purchases, yes, but not a fee once purchased. There may be an option to, for example, to see this exclusive content or streaming feed purchase here. (This is all hypothetical and guessing of course)

Oh I agree with once you purchase. I'm saying for all those who are not buying because they can get the info for free on Twitter and $5 app is too much. It may not always be free on Twitter if the app becomes the product of choice [emoji6]

I don't always have this philosophy about products or services, but I bought it because I want it to become great, not because I think it already is. FWIW, I believe I have gotten more than $5 worth of value from the twitter feed, so I'm not too concerned about the price.

There are some serious design issues that I hope get changed, but my biggest complaint is the use of ads in a more-than-99-cent app.
That is a great way to look at it and exactly why I did the same. My hope is that it takes the industry forward and provides a streamlined information channel for all to benefit from. I agree about the frustration about the ads, but being in media for a very long time, any media or news source play is going to have ads regardless. (See USA Today, CNN etc..)It would help if the ads were more relevant but I am sure that is coming depending on the success of the app.

That is a great way to look at it and exactly why I did the same. My hope is that it takes the industry forward and provides a streamlined information channel for all to benefit from. I agree about the frustration about the ads, but being in media for a very long time, any media or news source play is going to have ads regardless. (See USA Today, CNN etc..)It would help if the ads were more relevant but I am sure that is coming depending on the success of the app.
Are you the one that wrote the blog and review? You gave great information that really made me want to purchase it. It was well written. I too hate to scroll through stuff to get the info I want. Even on here I'm like what page was medcoed day 1 rankings/score. That's was I hope that a separate thread will be for scores/rankings only again

Are you the one that wrote the blog and review? You gave great information that really made me want to purchase it. It was well written. I too hate to scroll through stuff to get the info I want. Even on here I'm like what page was medcoed day 1 rankings/score. That's was I hope that a separate thread will be for scores/rankings only again
Yes, that was me. Thank you for the kind words. My goal was to simply explain what I found as a curious app purchaser. I will happily pay for the convenience as well. I am always searching for results for my CP's who are always asking about their favorite teams. This will make it so much easier to find out how the teams are doing.
Of course, my review was only about the initial findings and potetntial capabilities. It really has not done anything yet. I am banking on CU's reputation of providing useful information. Hopefully the app will work as advertised. If not, we as a Cheer community are not shy about sharing feedback. (Insert your favorite streaming video service here) I am confident they will get it right if not immediately, eventually. I am assuming it will be a work in progress as any new startup is. Time will tell.

Does anyone have screenshots? I want to see them.
Here's one from just now. They released the nifty "you just hit" gif for worlds and someone asked an honest question about it and he gave an unnecessary condescending response
b72b4efb8e53b162c2089727677e7e03.jpg

I would rather run over my own foot with my car then ever pay $5 for that app. That whole "it save me having to scroll through twitter"...learn how to use # and you can do it for free. You want to know the placings for Medium Senior? #ATEAM #MEDSR
It's that easy. Or even better, just go to the Twitter page for the team your interested in.
@Emily always sets up this board for Worlds with links to specific divisions, I haven't had to blindly search for results in years.
He was called MeanJ for a reason and it wasn't because he was busy responding to posts.

Bought it lol jk. Will cheerupdates2 also be included?
I'm also some what lazy and mostly horrible at twitter-anything twitter lol. I don't even have one.

**Bumble Bee Tuna, bumble bee tuna**

If i save my money for Worlds livestream because it´s not available in europe, i might buy the Cheer Updates App [emoji57]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

If i save my money for Worlds livestream because it´s not available in europe, i might buy the Cheer Updates App [emoji57]

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

At least for Android it isn't available in Germany either.

Back