All-Star Cheer World...ctd

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I am pretty hot on this subject, so forgive me in advance if I get snarky, because it is not my intention:
Promiscuity in the Village: Anonymous U.S. athlete tells of 'partying my butt off', waking up in unknown beds and 'reeking of booze' going to meet the President | Mail Online
You might as well dismiss any sport out there, as it happens everywhere, including the most prestigious athletic event in the World. I can vouch that it happens after high school games, and not just the "inner city bad schools", but even the catholic school down the road from me. I personally have seen more of a no tolerance policy of inappropriate behavior at my CP's gym than I have nearly anywhere outside of cheer. There is good and bad in any activity you do, and there have certainly been some major issues (World's block party) that have tarnished the sport. I am not suggesting we turn a blind eye to the bad that happens in cheer, but I feel it is wrong walk away from the sport because of isolated incidents, particularly when the USASF is addressing many of these issues. Take this as an example of something that made cheer look really bad when in actuality nothing was wrong - a facebook post showed up on my newsfeed last weekend, and it was saying how classless these cheerleaders were for drinking at a bar. Most people who saw that post now have an image in their mind of a bunch of underage girls drinking a beer at a bar in their uniforms. Since I was at the same competition, I am willing to bet it was actually a group of ladies from an international team that were of legal age and they were at a restaurant and were doing nothing wrong. Do we think anything ill of a semi-pro baseball team out celebrating with a couple of beers after a game? Why should a group of adults be judged differently because they have a bow in their hair? We need to consider all of the facts before we make assumptions - often times you may see a cheerleader out having a drink at dinner with their parent(s) and she or he may be 22 years old. That is the downside of having such a wide range of ages at the same events. dawgshow said it best - there is poor parenting everywhere and you won't avoid it by choosing another sport or activity!

Yes they did! I was so happy haha! I normally wouldn't ask for a refund on a book I completely finished, but this was a special case.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Do you guys remember the movie - Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal?
Quote from IMBd
Five high school cheerleaders, including the daughter of the school principal, run amok -- and teachers, parents and administrators allow them to get away with a wide range of scandalous behavior. Know as the "fab five," the girls disregard school rules, drink alcohol and post suggestive pictures on the Internet. But when the new cheerleading coach attempts to discipline them, her superiors ask her to resign. The real version of the events took place in McKinney, Texas, a Dallas suburb, and received national media attention in 2006. -- IMDb Plot: Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal (2008)

What's that saying... 'Art imitates real life' smh

Do you guys remember the movie - Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal?
Quote from IMBd
Five high school cheerleaders, including the daughter of the school principal, run amok -- and teachers, parents and administrators allow them to get away with a wide range of scandalous behavior. Know as the "fab five," the girls disregard school rules, drink alcohol and post suggestive pictures on the Internet. But when the new cheerleading coach attempts to discipline them, her superiors ask her to resign. The real version of the events took place in McKinney, Texas, a Dallas suburb, and received national media attention in 2006. -- IMDb Plot: Fab Five: The Texas Cheerleader Scandal (2008)

What's that saying... 'Art imitates real life' smh

HAHA, so true story, one night in college my senior year on a Friday night, I was getting ready to go out to a party or something and my boyfriend and I ended up on the couch with my roommate engrossed in this movie. We never even made it out that night, just sat on the couch enthralled by it.

I'm trying very hard to make it through this "book" and I just ran across the craziest sentence.

"I didn't believe that talking about anyone in a negative fashion, especially and athlete of yours, was right." :eek::eek:

People, gyms, and cheerleading in general are talked about in a negative fashion throughout this "book".

I haven't read the book, and don't intend to, and honestly, I'm also rather upset I even wasted my time reading the thread on it.... things like this infuriate me, and it's not like there's anything we could do anyway. so now I'm just angry. and no one likes an angry showstopper.
Come on, the thread was pure entertainment. Plenty of :enjoyshow:to go around.

I read the sample and it was painful to say the least. All I got was that she hated the team she was on, loves puppies, and played a boy against his best friend...nice...
Hey if enough of us buy Justin's book maybe he won't have to pay his publisher next time! :p

Yes this is the book from before. Yes books should be edited. Yes this was self published.

I gotta say the grammatical errors are killing me. It's taking me forever to get through it because I keep putting it down because it's annoying. Truthfully I learned more about cheer from the thread about the book than the book. It's really like I'm reading a 9th grader's diary. Not much about cheer, but a lot about parties and boyfriends. And her outfits. She describes what she wears for everything she does. And her hair. :banghead: The little bit that is about cheer is spent on blaming her flyer when a stunt doesn't work (and her bases when she's the flyer). And that she saved her stunt so amazingly that all day total strangers were congratulating her - as a matter of fact it was so epic it was later posted on YouTube (She doesn't mention that she was the one who posted it).:rolleyes:

Haha now I have to see it, link?!

I´m reading the preview on amazon.com.
Second sentence and i am ...uhmmm.
- Little did i know that this "sport" would change my life forever. -
No need to write "sport" like this, we all know it is a sport.
So now i´m curious and surelly will regret that i spend my saturday afternoon with this. But i can´t close it :oops:

Not to harp on the subject, but for those who say they aren't sure if they should keep their kids in the sport:
Cheer - Inspirational Story About Stealth Phx Athlete | Fierce Board - The Voice Of Cheer
I have seen cheerleaders display acts of kindness such as this many, many times. If you look for the bad in anything, I can assure you that you will find it. I personally have seen far more of the good that happens in this sport than I have the bad.

Back