All-Star Cheerhab

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'll just leave this here.

I can not believe I just sat through 17 minutes, however, since I did.

The video of them last season isn't bad. Little things, but nothing major like we saw last year with the gym who was LVL 4 but should have been LVL 4.2.

Onto that 17 minutes of hot mess---not being taken seriously may be an issue in the first year or two, especially when you're young. However, it's been 4 years---if they're not taking you seriously now, I'm gonna have to believe it's a self confidence issue within the gym and not from the outside. And, even if it is coming from outside places, who the freak cares? Your gym is thriving, you're placing well, everytime you do that; it's a slap in the face to the haters. The fact that the owner cares that much means the kids will too and that's a problem.

Who gets disqualified for no reason? They HAVE to give you a reason. You can't go from "We win 1st" to "We don't think we can win." Pick one.

I appreciate her 'non-profit' approach because that is a great thing. I applaud that ten fold.

I appreciate the coach who said, "One day we'd like to get to World's" so why not get help from someone who has conquered it. That is a very strong statement, and I think E & O can definitely help there.

Overall, they definitely need the help.

Oh for the love of all that is holy in this world!---I redact this

"Detectives said they did investigate Parks last year for inappropriate behavior at Invasion Athletix, but ultimately didn't have enough evidence to make an arrest.

They investigated him last year at this gym and the owner kept him around? W.T.F?!

Yes, I am sure they get disqualified "for no reason". Because that is what happens to teams who aren't "taken seriously" :rolleyes:

And "scholarships".

There is so much wrong in this video

The scholarship wasn't too weird to me. In STL, last year a week known gym had a break off, and as a result, offered scholarships to all LVL 5 athletes...basically to get them to stay.

For some reason, I'm thinking Dylan was also given a scholarship while he was at CA...I don't remember where I saw that though.

Oh come on. Getting snarky about front rolls and accusing them of over stretching when we haven't seen the first episode? I get the feeling certain folks will always find something negative about Eddie and Orby, and as an extension, something negative about Cheerhab because they don't like E & O or Smoed. It's pretty obvious to me.

If the episode comes out and they're stretching the crap out of some kid - and it's not just edited for effect - then let's talk.

I just want to let you know that Eddie & Orby did the choreography for a J5 team in Virginia over the summer, and my CP and I went for the meet and greet afterwards. She enjoyed meeting both Eddie and Orby, and we got some great pictures. I have to say personally that Orby was one of the nicest, friendliest people I have ever met. I talked to him one on one for probably 30-45 minutes, and I felt like he was a long lost friend. My CP was also amazed at how kind he actually was to us. They both told her exactly what to do to improve her standing full technique, and let me record it so that she could work on everything they told her. They were clear and concise about everything.

All I will say on any physical matters (Stretching/conditioning) is this: it takes 30 days to make a habit. Not 3.

I can appreciate a fresh set of eyes and an outsiders perspective, and what they did with last year's team seemed to help somewhat. I do think, however, that some of what this gym wants can't come from an outside perspective/a magic coach. They need to find their grit and get on with it, at some point.

I just want to let you know that Eddie & Orby did the choreography for a J5 team in Virginia over the summer, and my CP and I went for the meet and greet afterwards. She enjoyed meeting both Eddie and Orby, and we got some great pictures. I have to say personally that Orby was one of the nicest, friendliest people I have ever met. I talked to him one on one for probably 30-45 minutes, and I felt like he was a long lost friend. My CP was also amazed at how kind he actually was to us. They both told her exactly what to do to improve her standing full technique, and let me record it so that she could work on everything they told her. They were clear and concise about everything.

That sounds like Orby. He is very personable. Both of them are extremely good coaches. I don't always agree with them (what parent agrees with everything a coach does?) but I respect the h*ll out of them.

That sounds like Orby. He is very personable. Both of them are extremely good coaches. I don't always agree with them (what parent agrees with everything a coach does?) but I respect the h*ll out of them.

I do too! I don't always agree with my cp's coaches either!

What annoyed me was they had "watch Ep 2" at the very end and yet I couldn't find it. Don't give me false hope Atv!

Overall though I'm excited to see the team react to Eddie and Orby's coaching styles

Okay the video they sent looked bad, but the practice video looked like a completely different team. I mean, kick fulls aren't basic level 4. It's not like they're messing up full ups or full downs from 1 leg, the 'basic' level 4 stuff that you have to have to even consider the division

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Few things. Not sure if ATV did this on purpose or not, but I felt like Eddie and Orby were more human in their intro. Yes, they mentioned what SMOED has accomplished and you could tell they are proud (as they should be), but it wasn't the over the top, Abby Lee Miller esque, shaking shoulders that I felt like we saw at the beginning of Season 3 of Cheerleaders.

Second, my heart breaks for those kids. To not have any parental support is awful. I danced with two girls who had zero help from their parents and paid for it all, and I honestly don't know how they did it. They were two of the most awesome girls ever, but unfortunately, they couldn't keep up over multiple seasons so they faded very quickly. This gym seems like it was invented to combat that.

For as 'bad' as they seem, I do give credit to the owner who opened it up for the kids who don't have every opportunity handed to them and don't have parents who can afford to travel every weekend across their state or across the country. So props for that.

Few things. Not sure if ATV did this on purpose or not, but I felt like Eddie and Orby were more human in their intro. Yes, they mentioned what SMOED has accomplished and you could tell they are proud (as they should be), but it wasn't the over the top, Abby Lee Miller esque, shaking shoulders that I felt like we saw at the beginning of Season 3 of Cheerleaders.

Second, my heart breaks for those kids. To not have any parental support is awful. I danced with two girls who had zero help from their parents and paid for it all, and I honestly don't know how they did it. They were two of the most awesome girls ever, but unfortunately, they couldn't keep up over multiple seasons so they faded very quickly. This gym seems like it was invented to combat that.

For as 'bad' as they seem, I do give credit to the owner who opened it up for the kids who don't have every opportunity handed to them and don't have parents who can afford to travel every weekend across their state or across the country. So props for that.

Honestly paying for cheer yourself is so difficult but having no parents around to help would be worse. I have to pay for cheer myself but I know i can count on my mum or grandma to pick me up after training or drop me off at a comp. I give probs to those who don't have that support but from what I saw it looks like the kids look out for each other anyway which is super sweet

I've always paid for my own cheerleading. I could rarely count on my parents for rides, and they have only ever come to one of my competitions out my 12+ years in the sport. I didn't realise how sad it was until the kids started talking about it... I think I was just overly independent from a young age? Or just too young and naive to notice...

Back