All-Star Cheerleaders Season 2!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i though it was a play on words and then thought just-a-mom was messing around too, but...
lol at mt trashmore ending up being a real place: Mount Trashmore Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Va. beach one looks like the most famous but there is one in Broward Co. florida and another in Alaska. I'm sure there are more unofficial MT's. This is something I never thought I would see; cheer fans trash talking. :)

Spinoff show of the current show Cheerleaders. Looks interesting...

"Eddy and Orby are renowned in the cheer world for being two of the best coaches in the industry. They have led Smoed to win two world championship titles. But now they are facing their toughest challenge, turning a failing Iowa cheer squad into champions. Are they up for the challenge? Watch and see in the trailer for AwesomenessTV's brand new series, Cheerhab!"

I wonder when they had time to do this.

and i like this comment from youtube...

CHEERHAB. Funny, nobody consulted me about the name (;

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || MEOW

Yes, in east central Florida near Cocoa Beach. Mt. trashmore is a name folks give to landfills in a lot of places. Your trash dump may have been formally named MT , but it is a common term for landfill hills.

Lol! I only have ever heard of it in Virginia Beach as the park. We used to live on the same street as the park and went to the playground there every day. Guess now I know where they got the name from! :D

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Cheerhab looks interesting. I too am curious to see how they would work of coaches as a team that isn't setup the way they do with Smoed.

As for driving in CT, my test involved certain 'brackets' and 'x' s. If you got one 'x' in a MAJOR section (not stopping at a stop sign, etc), you auto failed. If you got more than 1 in the next down (not signalling properly, not checking both ways at an intersection), you'd fail. If you got more than 2 in the bottom one (can't remember the exact items), you failed.

I got an x because I didn't PHYSICALLY turn my head enough for him when I was checking both ways (instead of the slight turn I gave). I also slowed down while driving because I thought I saw a dog run into the road. I was hallucinating, so he marked me off for that (don't know why you'd mark someone off for being a careful driver, but someone was cranky that day). Just barely passed- and I'm the most cautious driver there is!

I am so glad I didn't have to deal with the pressure of a Driver's Test, cause that sounds intense! I took Driver's Ed through my High School and we just drove a certain number of hours with the teacher and I guess as long as we weren't horrific behind the wheel and passed the written test, that was it.
OMG!!! I wish. I think the anxiety that test caused me took years off my life. I took driver's ed through high school too and we absolutely had to take the test. I never knew there was a place where you didn't have to

A few years in there you didn't have to take the driving test (my son was in that group around 2009). Scared me to death knowing kids were driving without proper instruction. Now you have to test again.
A side note: ex-cp just got her license last month. A girl in her testing group came in crying 2 minutes into the test and told her mom the trooper wanted to talk to her. Apparently, the girl answered her phone at the beginning of the drive portion. Automatic failure. She said it was on Bluetooth and she didn't want it to keep ringing so she was going to say "call back later". Times have changed.

All of these comments about the driving test makes me wonder how it is in other states. In FL we did not have to parallel park or park up a hill. The most difficult thing we had to do was a three-point turn. Lol
In Tn all I had to do was show that I new where my blinkers, wipers, horn etc was. Then I backed out, drove around the block and I'm pretty sure it was all right turns with stop signs and one small red light intersection. Then I had to regular park back at the dmv. Easiest. Thing. Ever.

I was also taught to drive around age 9. We grew up steering in my dad's lap and then as soon as we could reach pedals, we were taught. All dead end neighborhood roads and never see another car country roads of course. It was normal in our family so no stress at all. We loved getting to drive growing up!

Last edited:
I think people participating in this thread are much less intense than those participating in the thread regarding CA opening a gym in NC.

The thread about the gym opening in NC briefly derailed discussing food in the area and people got irritated. Whereas we have pages and pages of stories about taking driving tests here on the Cheerleaders Season 2 thread and thus far no irritated comments.

Just an observation.

I think people participating in this thread are much less intense than those participating in the thread regarding CA opening a gym in NC.

The thread about the gym opening in NC briefly derailed discussing food in the area and people got irritated. Whereas we have pages and pages of stories about taking driving tests here on the Cheerleaders Season 2 thread and thus far no irritated comments.

Just an observation.

To be fair, people on the CA Charlotte thread have been talking about food chains (on and off) for almost ten pages, even though it doesn't have much to do with CA opening a gym in NC. The driving discussion has been going on 3/4 pages and is at least a little relevant to the last video that was posted from the Cheerleaders webseries.

I may or may not have failed my test 3 times....:( I'm taking it for the forth time in about 2 weeks. Those automatic fails really get you. The first time I automatic failed because of touching the pole while parallel parking, the second time I automatic failed for touching the curb while parallel parking. The third time I didn't even bother to try parallel parking (I mean I live in the middle of no where Texas, I'm not gonna need it) and got 10 points taken off for it, but I wasn't worried because I made it through the whole test perfectly, backing up 50 feet, parking, lane changes, all my turns he marked as good, and then as I was pulling out of the neighbor hood I was testing in, I didn't see a car going 50 in a 20 and it was an automatic fail because I pulled infront of him. I swear I'm a good driver don't judge me lol.

I feel for Gaby and her mom yelling, my mom will yell if I'm going 5 under the speed limit like I THINK YOUR SPEEDING ARE YOU SPEEDING? No mom...no I'm not.

Hitting the curb is an automatic fail for some people? Man, I drove straight over the curb in my three point turn when I took the test and still passed! I got points off for it but that was all. I almost started crying when I did it too.

Anyway, I agree. My mom was an absolute nightmare to drive with when I was learning. I ended up giving up with her and my dad taught me because he was less dramatic. The yelling and the anger from my mom only served to stress me out and cause me to drive worse because I was then freaked out.

Hitting the curb is an automatic fail for some people? Man, I drove straight over the curb in my three point turn when I took the test and still passed! I got points off for it but that was all. I almost started crying when I did it too.

Anyway, I agree. My mom was an absolute nightmare to drive with when I was learning. I ended up giving up with her and my dad taught me because he was less dramatic. The yelling and the anger from my mom only served to stress me out and cause me to drive worse because I was then freaked out.

It sounds like we have the same mother :D.

I may or may not have failed my test 3 times....:( I'm taking it for the forth time in about 2 weeks. Those automatic fails really get you. The first time I automatic failed because of touching the pole while parallel parking, the second time I automatic failed for touching the curb while parallel parking. The third time I didn't even bother to try parallel parking (I mean I live in the middle of no where Texas, I'm not gonna need it) and got 10 points taken off for it, but I wasn't worried because I made it through the whole test perfectly, backing up 50 feet, parking, lane changes, all my turns he marked as good, and then as I was pulling out of the neighbor hood I was testing in, I didn't see a car going 50 in a 20 and it was an automatic fail because I pulled infront of him. I swear I'm a good driver don't judge me lol.

I feel for Gaby and her mom yelling, my mom will yell if I'm going 5 under the speed limit like I THINK YOUR SPEEDING ARE YOU SPEEDING? No mom...no I'm not.

Parallel parking is the worst.

During my in the car training with the drivers school people I may or may not have (aka definitely did) told off my lady and cursed her whole family for yelling at me while teaching me to parallel parking. I also called her triflin' for making me take her thru the Wendy's drive thru during my first session.

Tensions were high that day.....

Parallel parking is the worst.

During my in the car training with the drivers school people I may or may not have (aka definitely did) told off my lady and cursed her whole family for yelling at me while teaching me to parallel parking. I also called her triflin' for making me take her thru the Wendy's drive thru during my first session.

Tensions were high that day.....

She made me drive her across town to look at houses she wanted to buy.

I wonder if we had the same lady....

In NY, we parallel park on our road test between two cars... It was awful but I got a perfect score on my road test (even though I turned left when the guy said turn right because I was nervous, he was really nice about it).

The sad thing is, I now live in Downtown Pittsburgh and have to parallel park a lot and I am TERRIBLE at it. My boyfriend has to guide me into the spot or give me instructions and if I'm alone I will drive and drive and drive until I can find a spot I can just pull into.

Back