All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

couldn't agree me more. I knew they were struggling, but I guess Its a smack in the face for me to actually see the struggle and the reality of it all. I don't mean to offend anyone but I think a lot of it is cockiness as well. I think a lot, (not all) the new people don't really understand the amount of hard work it takes to get to win worlds. As far as I'm concerned, none of the new members have won worlds consecutively like smoed has. please correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't necessarily think it's cockiness on the part of the athletes, the coaches absolutely. I've said that before in this thread---I think someone needs to inflate Eddie and Orby back to Earth. However, I think the newbies at this point understand the hardwork and while winning world's consecutively is a feet, some of the out of towners do have World's Rings. Angel Rice, as an example, not only has rings---plural, but she's also a Junior Olympian.

I think a lot of it goes back to individuality versus team---cheer is a team sport.

But, take the video for example...look at how the guy introduced them. That adds pressure---outside the team, outside the coaches, outside the gym...these kids know that everyone is watching them. And, when you are expected to be amazing all of the time, it's draining---everyone has a bad night. That night was SMOED's.

I don't necessarily think it's cockiness on the part of the athletes, the coaches absolutely. I've said that before in this thread---I think someone needs to inflate Eddie and Orby back to Earth. However, I think the newbies at this point understand the hardwork and while winning world's consecutively is a feet, some of the out of towners do have World's Rings. Angel Rice, as an example, not only has rings---plural, but she's also a Junior Olympian.

I think a lot of it goes back to individuality versus team---cheer is a team sport.

But, take the video for example...look at how the guy introduced them. That adds pressure---outside the team, outside the coaches, outside the gym...these kids know that everyone is watching them. And, when you are expected to be amazing all of the time, it's draining---everyone has a bad night. That night was SMOED's.
I never knew she was a Junior Olympian. That makes me wonder is she thinking about being an actual Olympian? I think she's the best tumbler on that team. If not one of the best in world along with gymnast. But maybe she just loves cheer that much that she's not willing to give it up to really become world known for something that may benefit her even better in her life? If that make sense any.

I just hope the team never has that bad of a performance again. It was good up until the middle/end parts. I know it must be a lot of pressure but these girls have been cheer all of their lives on top teams. Maybe the word Smoed just intimidates them?

Coaches definitely need to be set back into reality. I personally think they think there are no better coaches out there.

I never knew she was a Junior Olympian. That makes me wonder is she thinking about being an actual Olympian? I think she's the best tumbler on that team. If not one of the best in world along with gymnast. But maybe she just loves cheer that much that she's not willing to give it up to really become world known for something that may benefit her even better in her life? If that make sense any.

I just hope the team never has that bad of a performance again. It was good up until the middle/end parts. I know it must be a lot of pressure but these girls have been cheer all of their lives on top teams. Maybe the word Smoed just intimidates them?

Coaches definitely need to be set back into reality. I personally think they think there are no better coaches out there.
Just to clarify, power tumbling is not an Olympic event, it still has quite a long way to go. To even be considered as an event at the Olympics would require F.I.G. to put in a tonne of work. Every four years a list of sports get nominated and the list is narrowed down to 4 sports... after all the campaigning by the international body of that sport, only two get added on to the next NEXT Olympics (Golf & Wrestling were the most recent and added to the 2020 Olympics).

Though, since Power Tumbling is already under the F.I.G., which already has 3 of its sports (Trampoline, Artistic & Rhythmic gymnastics) as Olympic events, it might be easier for PT to be included in the near future. Mind you, Angel Rice is 16 this year, she would be 18 by Rio (when power tumbling gets to have an exhibition event)... 22 by the following Olympics. I'm not sure what the career span of a power tumbler is, but for female artistic and rhythmic gymnast it doesn't very often go beyond 22.

The Olympian side has already been explained, but just to point out--- They have new boys as well and not every single one of them has come from a top program. Likewise, not all of them have cheered all their lives.

As for the coaches, I'd argue that they're not the best out there, but that is subjective.

Just to clarify, power tumbling is not an Olympic event, it still has quite a long way to go. To even be considered as an event at the Olympics would require F.I.G. to put in a tonne of work. Every four years a list of sports get nominated and the list is narrowed down to 4 sports... after all the campaigning by the international body of that sport, only two get added on to the next NEXT Olympics (Golf & RUGBY SEVENS were the most recent and added to the 2020 Olympics).

Though, since Power Tumbling is already under the F.I.G., which already has 3 of its sports (Trampoline, Artistic & Rhythmic gymnastics) as Olympic events, it might be easier for PT to be included in the near future. Mind you, Angel Rice is 16 this year, she would be 18 by Rio (when power tumbling gets to have an exhibition event)... 22 by the following Olympics. I'm not sure what the career span of a power tumbler is, but for female artistic and rhythmic gymnast it doesn't very often go beyond 22.
Edited that for you:

Golf and Rugby Sevens were added. They considered taking OUT wrestling, until the US, Iran and Russia (if you want to talk about a weird combination of countries uniting on ANYTHING) all lobbied hardcore to keep it. Baseball and softball came out in 2005. I don't know how hard it would be to add a discipline of a pre-existing sport- versus golf/rugby which didn't exist yet. Granted, one of the sports they wanted to add was karate and they already have other martial arts disciplines so who knows?

Gymnastics will be having a gala event/exhibition during the games, I BELIEVE for Tumbling.

Why would you risk not being able to walk and permanently damaging yourself just to be on a team that you're not garunteed to be on for the rest of the season anyway? I'm all for taking chances for something you're passionate about, but I think that's a little much.
???

Why would you risk not being able to walk and permanently damaging yourself just to be on a team that you're not garunteed to be on for the rest of the season anyway? I'm all for taking chances for something you're passionate about, but I think that's a little much.

Thinking back to the dancer I was at that same age, I get it.

Being aged about 10 more years, it makes me widen my eyes in shock.

I think this time, as much as Alyssa will hate it, is the time for the responsible adults in her life to tell her no. And while she'll hate it, fight it, scream and cry about it...in 10 years from now, she will be thankful.

But putting myself in her shoes with the way I thought at that age---I can definitely understand her desire.

Edited that for you:

Golf and Rugby Sevens were added. They considered taking OUT wrestling, until the US, Iran and Russia (if you want to talk about a weird combination of countries uniting on ANYTHING) all lobbied hardcore to keep it.

thats what i was about to say. wrestling was in the first olympics... as in greece hundreds of years ago. its one of the oldest sports known.

general fyi for anyone: cave drawings in france dated to 15,000 years ago show people wrestling.

This is why there shouldn't be such a gap between events occurring and the episode airing. Because a lot of people know that this doesn't happen and that she's still on the team. So while they're trying to make it all dramatic like the coaches have a huge decision on their hands, it's already lost it's dramatic effect because I'm sitting here and I know she's still on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

based on the comments from youtube, a lot of people don't even follow cheer. people still ask "wheres jenee".

if you inflate them, theyre going to fly away from earth, not back to it.

I figure they'll hit the atmosphere and then come bounding down to Earth.

I should edit it to say deflated, but I'm too lazy right now.

Back