All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There is a BIG different between Matt Smith, who is actually driving down 4 or 5 hours, I believe from Oklahoma and what Gabi has done. Gabi uprooted her whole life and moved across country, stayed her 1st year with a host family and 2nd year, uprooted her Mom and sister to housed other athletes... Matt never moved and stayed in Texas with a host family, Matter of fact, I can name 100 and 1,000 of young people who are doing long commutes like Matt Smith to cheer for a team, but to actually stay with another family and not go to traditional school, etc... I am still trying to think of another cheer athlete to do it before Gabi...
Matt smith was flying in from Arkansas.

Matt smith was flying in from Arkansas.
Matt Smith had not uprooted his life for cheerleading and I believe, I read somewhere about him driving down from his hometown to Texas, not flying... I guess, we are comparing Apples to Oranges, because in my opinion, moving for a sport is leaving home and staying for a long period of time away, not a few hours or 24 hours... Which I believe happened in the past, travel hours and come home the same day... What Gabi done again is so different, she stayed away for 10 months and uprooted her whole life and altered her schooling, etc...

Last edited:
Matt Smith has not uprooted his life for cheerleading and I believe, I read somewhere about him driving down from his hometown to Texas, not flying... I guess, we are comparing Apples to Oranges, because in my opinion, moving for a sport is leaving home and staying for a long period of time away, not a few hours or 24 hours... Which I believe happened in the past, travel hours and come home the same day... What Gabi done again is so different, she stayed away for 10 months and uprooted her whole life and altered her schooling, etc...
You are right. Matt smith is not a great example but my point was is this has been going on longer than Gabi has done it. The difference is they were not cheerlebrities or focal points on the team and got the recognition. If had not already been occurring the industry would have been in more of an uproar that she was moving than it was over her leaving TG and then Trinity.

You're not wrong, this one Instgram post I came across always stuck with me. What incredible human beings they are to offer a home for someone.
Instagram

Yes, I read this Instagram message and it does not sound like an athlete who purposely moved from home for cheerleading, but an athlete who was homeless and was taken in by the Rosarios... I remembered the Champion League's Movie early this year and they mentioned athletes moving away from home for Cheerleading, but it still seems like these athletes did it after Gabi and many of these athletes were super seniors (already finished HS and older)...

Yes, I read this Instagram message and it does not sound like an athlete who purposely moved from home for cheerleading, but an athlete who was homeless and was taken in by the Rosarios... I remembered the Champion League's Movie early this year and they mentioned athletes moving away from home for Cheerleading, but it still seems like these athletes did it after Gabi and many of these athletes were super seniors (already finished HS and older)...
As I said earlier, there were many high school aged athletes who did it years before her, she wasn't the first. Though, I don't really know why it matters haha.

.. Gabi probably wanted to hear her parents tell her to come home, we all miss you, but in the 2 years it did not happen... , etc...

It is very possible they were saying we hope you choose to come home, we feel you have been gone too long and we want you to you come home, but will respect your decision. Only they know what was said and how it all played out.

As I said earlier, there were many high school aged athletes who did it years before her, she wasn't the first. Though, I don't really know why it matters haha.

I think this is an important issue because as I been reading many Fierce Board threads in the past... We had many of threads on this topic and I distinctly remember an earlier post that asked, if your child wanted to move for a Worlds Ring would you let them and seeing this situation with Gabi, maybe the trend will be to wait until the child can Super Senior (finish HS) or even be on the Worlds level 6 teams. I think, this scenario tells me that a child needs more than just premiere Worlds team and possibly a Family life is more important...

Score:
Premiere Worlds Team = 0 Traditional Family Life=1

I think this is an important issue because as I been reading many Fierce Board threads in the past... We had many of threads on this topic and I distinctly remember an earlier post that asked, if your child wanted to move for a Worlds Ring would you let them and seeing this situation with Gabi, maybe the trend will be to wait until the child can Super Senior (finish HS) or even be on the Worlds level 6 teams. I think, this scenario tells me that a child needs more than just premiere Worlds team and possibly a Family life is more important...

Score:
Didn't Gabi have a Worlds ring with TG before moving?

It is very possible they were saying we hope you choose to come home, we feel you have been gone too long and we want you to you come home, but will respect your decision. Only they know what was said and how it all played out.
Kris that is where we differ, I think that is exactly why 'We' are the Parent and 'She' is the Child, there are some life decisions that the parent should make and not leave it up to the child to decide. Matter of fact, the pressure that is placed on our young child, particularly on Gabi, who everybody on the team is pressing her, she will be too afraid to decide because of the team's pressure for her to stay. As the parent in this situation, we can be the bad guy and step in and decide for her, so Gabi could blame her Parents for leaving... Giving her an easy out!!!

Score:
I then think it's also important to realize that people in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade have moved across the country and were able to make it work before her. Every individual and family is different, just because Gabi wasn't able to make it work for a third year doesn't mean it hasn't and won't work for another family.

@Cheer Dad I'm pretty sure she only competed at worlds with TG in 2012 and they got 3rd that year. I don't think she was old enough in 2010 the last time they won before that.

Back