All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kris that is where we differ, I think that is exactly why 'We' are the Parent and 'She' is the Child, there are some life decisions that the parent should make and not leave it up to the child to decide. Matter of fact, the pressure that is placed on our young child, particularly on Gabi, who everybody on the team is pressing her, she will be too afraid to decide because of the team's pressure for her to stay. As the parent in this situation, we can be the bad guy and step in and decide for her, so Gabi could blame her Parents for leaving... Giving her an easy out!!!

From what I have seen everyone has been understanding, positive, and supportive of her choice to leave. I don't think there has been any blame anywhere. Nobody is the "bad" guy. And again only they know how it all played out.

Top Gun was the first gym I heard about setting up a house for out of state athletes and this was years and years ago (2005/2006? That's as far as I go back). Funny thing is they got SLAMMED for it here on the boards and by other gyms; many of whom that do the exact same thing today. People were saying it was an unfair advantage, cheating, unethical yadda yadda yadda. Funny how people change their tune now.

I then think it's also important to realize that people in 10th, 11th, and 12th grade have moved across the country and were able to make it work before her. Every individual and family is different, just because Gabi wasn't able to make it work for a third year doesn't mean it hasn't and won't work for another family.

@Cheer Dad I'm pretty sure she only competed at worlds with TG in 2012 and they got 3rd that year. I don't think she was old enough in 2010 the last time they won before that.
That is what I want to know, we are talking in general,,, but offer up some names of these young people in 10th, 11th, 12th grades that had done it before Gabi... Before Gabi, we had athletes doing it, but these athletes were doing it during their Super Senior years (ala Emily from CJA) and the other guys, most of your offered up.... The younger athletes phenomenon did not really started until after Gabi...

From what I have seen everyone has been understanding, positive, and supportive of her choice to leave. I don't think there has been any blame anywhere. Nobody is the "bad" guy. And again only they know how it all played out.
Kris, no you are not understanding what I am saying, before this decision was made by her... Anybody who watched that Nightline episode could see that this decision weighed heavily on this young child and she was not thinking about whether the team would support her, if she had decided to leave... As a Mom, I can read my child well and I would have taken that angst off her shoulders and told everyone, We were taken our daughter home and it was a Family decision, Period!...

That is what I want to know, we are talking in general,,, but offer up some names of these young people in 10th, 11th, 12th grades that had done it before Gabi... Before Gabi, we had athletes doing it, but these athletes were doing it during their Super Senior year (ala Emily from CJA) and the other guys, most of your offered up.... The younger athletes phenomenon did not really started until after Gabi...
There's no point in saying their names because you aren't going to know who they are so it won't help. This was happening way before the whole "cheerlebrity" craze. It's been happening at Top Gun (as mentioned above) for like 10 years. Yes, most of them were super seniors, but there were quite a few who were still in high school when they moved down there.

ETA: Didn't your daughter start cheering like 2 years ago? Were you involved in cheerleading prior to that? Just wondering how you seem so knowledgeable as to what athletes did before 2012.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion, we just have to agree to disagree. To me the clip was what a 15 min. peak that was edited and cut by TV producers. Maybe her parents did make the decision for her to come home , Gabi agreed with them, and chose to announce she decided to leave and her reasons. Or maybe they knew with a little time she would make the decision to come home. Either way they appear to be raising a very talented, mature, and kind young lady. They must be doing a lot of things right. :) And, I keep coming back to although we watch the show and the episodes only they know exactly how things happened.

they gave a teaser about gabi missing her family and thinking about moving back to Florida.
2 days before the new season of cheerleaders starts on ATV, Gabi anounced she's leaving...coincidence?

That is what I want to know, we are talking in general,,, but offer up some names of these young people in 10th, 11th, 12th grades that had done it before Gabi... Before Gabi, we had athletes doing it, but these athletes were doing it during their Super Senior years (ala Emily from CJA) and the other guys, most of your offered up.... The younger athletes phenomenon did not really started until after Gabi...
We can't offer up names of these kids as the emphasis was still on the team and not individuals. And as you cannot personally name the 1000 kids you say are making the same commute Matt Smith did.

You may come up with a few real popular ones but beyond that I'm sure you'll be stumped.

We can't offer up names of these kids as the emphasis was still on the team and not individuals. And as you cannot personally name the 1000 kids you say are making the same commute Matt Smith did.

You may come up with a few real popular ones but beyond that I'm sure you'll be stumped.
No, I can honestly name at least 999 of these kids, but right now the last one name escapes me... hahaha

At the gym I am at now, we have so many young people coming from 4 to 5 hours away, even on the Youth team and I honestly say, I was surprise by the distance people were traveling for cheer and I complained about driving 45 minutes...smh ;)

Season 3, here we go......

if you compare her camera presence to her first appearances in the first and second season to her first appearance in this years season, she is day and night. first two seasons, very happy and now this season, kind of apathetic. she didn't sound too excited. appears to be best for all. unhappy team member and unhappy person wouldn't have work out best for anyone.

I think this is an important issue because as I been reading many Fierce Board threads in the past... We had many of threads on this topic and I distinctly remember an earlier post that asked, if your child wanted to move for a Worlds Ring would you let them and seeing this situation with Gabi, maybe the trend will be to wait until the child can Super Senior (finish HS) or even be on the Worlds level 6 teams. I think, this scenario tells me that a child needs more than just premiere Worlds team and possibly a Family life is more important...

Score:
Premiere Worlds Team = 0 Traditional Family Life=1

I can't imagine getting a Worlds ring was why she chose to cheer for SMOED. The team she would have most probably been on if she stayed with Top Gun went on to win Worlds for two consecutive seasons. There was no foresight that they would win, but there was no guarantee SMOED would win either. My guess (and I know it's not always healthy to speculate about other people's decision) is that she felt that a smaller-sized team (or simply a particular coaching style) would have been more beneficial to her growth as a cheerleader. You receive more attention as an athlete when the coach to athlete ratio is higher. In addition to that, you usually get more action on the mat if you're on a small team, i.e. 2 and a half minute routine divided amongst 20 vs. 36 athletes. It's a rather simplistic way of looking at it, but with small teams, a lot more is expected of the athlete because every member appears more visible on the mat.

What matters for her now is that she's back with her family because of a decision she has made (at least I hope so) and that she's happy with it. I also understand what you've been trying to emphasize - Gabi's decision should act as a reminder to athletes that it gets very rough, emotionally, at times to live away from your family at that age, so take everything into careful consideration before making the move.

Back