All-Star Cheerleaders Season 3?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow over 20 pages or rumours, speculation & people thinking they know the story or what happened.
I am a little disappointed in some of the things I have read here but that is the nature of social media & everyone has an opinion to voice ;)
Let me enlighten you all a little.....
Dylan Grant (the Kiwi as everyone is calling him) is my son. He went to the USA to train/compete at the highest level in cheer. To think an athlete like my son cannot handle the workouts or is running away is crazy. It also has nothing to do with being in a different division like some have suggested. It has to do with him wanting to be the best he can be & make the most of his last year before he ages out next year, period. And he felt this wasn't going to happen where he was. I fully trust his judgement because he knows his ability & his sport.
He was with Smoed for 4 months & after being unhappy with several aspects of being in California since he arrived, a week ago he made the extremely difficult decision to leave Smoed & pursue other options in the USA. We understand that there will be many who will not fully understand this decision but he had to do what felt right for him. This was one of the hardest decisions he has ever had to make in his life. There will probably be a different version of events air on the show as like any reality type show they tend to manipulate things for the drama aspect.

As most of you are aware or have figured out.... this week he moved across the USA to North Carolina to join Cheer Extreme Allstars Coed Elite & will be continuing the season with CEA Coed Elite (this has been no secret, it has just not been commented on publicly) There were many many reasons for this move.
We are disappointed to see the reaction to this on social media by many people who we would expect better from. Some of the personal messages he received this week have been terrible. We will not be playing that game at all.
Dylan will continue to let his talent & skills on the floor do the talking.

I hope this clears a few things up ;)

Thanks for reading :D
Your son is an amazing athlete and I hope you know all of us here on the boards are super excited he has this opportunity and are really on support of him.

Comments, such as you quoted from me above, mentioning athletes not handling the workout are actually a joke at the smoed show because it seems like that is always an explanation of why an athlete chooses to leave.

We all wish your son the best and can't wait to see him take the floor dressed in Teal.

Your son is an amazing athlete and I hope you know all of us here on the boards are super excited he has this opportunity and are really on support of him.

Comments, such as you quoted from me above, mentioning athletes not handling the workout are actually a joke at the smoed show because it seems like that is always an explanation of why an athlete chooses to leave.

We all wish your son the best and can't wait to see him take the floor dressed in Teal.
Thank you so much! I apologise for my comment about the workouts, It honestly wasn't meant as a dig at you more just as something for people to think about.
We are all super appreciative of the support of our son both here on the board & elsewhere. We have met (figuratively - I haven't been able to step foot on US soil myself yet) some amazing people that have shown phenomenal support. For this we are forever grateful. I hope to be able to come over to see him at at least one comp however the first priority for us is to keep him there not spending thousands on travel for for ourselves ;)

Wow over 20 pages or rumours, speculation & people thinking they know the story or what happened.
I am a little disappointed in some of the things I have read here but that is the nature of social media & everyone has an opinion to voice ;)
Dylan Grant (the Kiwi as everyone is calling him) is my son. He went to the USA to train/compete at the highest level in cheer. To think an athlete like my son cannot handle the workouts or is running away is crazy. It also has nothing to do with being in a different division like some have suggested. It has to do with him wanting to be the best he can be & make the most of his last year before he ages out next year, period. And he felt this wasn't going to happen where he was. I fully trust his judgement because he knows his ability & his sport.
He was with Smoed for 4 months & after being unhappy with several aspects of being in California since he arrived, a week ago he made the extremely difficult decision to leave Smoed & pursue other options in the USA. We understand that there will be many who will not fully understand this decision but he had to do what felt right for him. This was one of the hardest decisions he has ever had to make in his life. There will probably be a different version of events air on the show as like any reality type show they tend to manipulate things for the drama aspect.

As most of you are aware or have figured out.... this week he moved across the USA to North Carolina to join Cheer Extreme Allstars Coed Elite & will be continuing the season with CEA Coed Elite (this has been no secret, it has just not been commented on publicly) There were many many reasons for this move.
We are disappointed to see the reaction to this on social media by many people who we would expect better from. Some of the personal messages he received this week have been terrible. We will not be playing that game at all.

All that matters is that he's in an atmosphere where he feels comfortable and where he can see himself thriving. I wish him the very best and I am so so excited to see what he brings to Coed Elite this season, considering how outstanding that routine already is. He's only going to make it better!! :cheering:

Thank you so much! I apologise for my comment about the workouts, It honestly wasn't meant as a dig at you more just as something for people to think about.
We are all super appreciative of the support of our son both here on the board & elsewhere. We have met (figuratively - I haven't been able to step foot on US soil myself yet) some amazing people that have shown phenomenal support. For this we are forever grateful. I hope to be able to come over to see him at at least one comp however the first priority for us is to keep him there not spending thousands on travel for for ourselves ;)
I sorry that you thought the jokes -at "hard workouts" that the cheerleader show seems to always imply- were about your son. Many of us including cheer dad were making fun of the show constants mention of hard workouts and those are the reasons why people leave for other gyms/teams. It's ridiculous to think that smoed has the hardest conditioning out there. It's not for everyone but that doesn't mean it's "too" hard for them. I felt bad that your son had to go through what he went through because he chose to leave. I as well as other on here were team Dylan or just didn't like how things went down and how negatively people reacted. Good luck too your son kiwi and hope has a amazing season with his new team.

I sorry that you thought the jokes -at "hard workouts" that the cheerleader show seems to always imply- were about your son. Many of us including cheer dad were making fun of the show constants mention of hard workouts and those are the reasons why people leave for other gyms/teams. It's ridiculous to think that smoed has the hardest conditioning out there. It's not for everyone but that doesn't mean it's "too" hard for them. I felt bad that your son had to go through what he went through because he chose to leave. I as well as other on here were team Dylan or just didn't like how things went down and how negatively people reacted. Good luck too your son kiwi and hope has a amazing season with his new team.
Thanks!
I didn't actually mean I thought those comments were directed at him. Just for that to be said (as they do in the show) is crazy. I will be very interested in what spin they put on this for the show....they may dodge the subject altogether now though, who knows?

Thanks!
I didn't actually mean I thought those comments were directed at him. Just for that to be said (as they do in the show) is crazy. I will be very interested in what spin they put on this for the show....they may dodge the subject altogether now though, who knows?
You're welcome. Yes it's crazy that it's always said. I actually stopped watching lol. But it will be interesting to see how it plays out on the show.

All that matters is that he's in an atmosphere where he feels comfortable and where he can see himself thriving. I wish him the very best and I am so so excited to see what he brings to Coed Elite this season, considering how outstanding that routine already is. He's only going to make it better!! :cheering:
Thank you! Their showcase was insane.....They are going a long way this season that's for sure ;)

@obsessivecheer, I hope that Dylan enjoys every moment of his time at CEA. I also hope that you stick around for a bit. There are some CEA parents on here ( not me) who you might enjoy interacting with and this site is a great way to keep the comps from a far. Will you be coming to the US for any of them?

@Obsessive Cheer your son is uber talented and not exactly hard on the eyes. He would do well in any program. If you haven't figured it out already, the "cheer world" in the U.S. Is a very large but small community. This board can get a little crazy, but you can always count on a lively discussion and lots of sarcasm. We are excited to have the "kiwi's" dad on here.

I only wish he would have headed much farther south. Black and Gold would look great on him! ;).

I am so sorry Dylan has had to endure the reactions of others on social media. He is an amazingly talented athlete who will overcome. His talent will definitely do the talking.
I am so glad he is happy with his decision --that is all that matters.

@Obsessive Cheer your son is uber talented and not exactly hard on the eyes. He would do well in any program. If you haven't figured it out already, the "cheer world" in the U.S. Is a very large but small community. This board can get a little crazy, but you can always count on a lively discussion and lots of sarcasm. We are excited to have the "kiwi's" dad on here.

I only wish he would have headed much farther south. Black and Gold would look great on him! ;).
No, he is not hard on the eyes, haha!!

Back